Quantcast

Photo

from experience which arena is the most profitable?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 daj0sephz

daj0sephz
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

and do fighting higher difficulty opponents yield higher np rewards/ item rewards?

#2 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Some people said the Giant Spectral Mutant Walein gives out many codestones.
But I haven't experienced any differences between the challengers or difficulties.

http://battlepedia.j...o=battle_prizes

#3 legendaryhi5

legendaryhi5
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I prefer Koi Warrior. It averages to about 6-7 codestones per day.

#4 vrtx

vrtx
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

I think it probably has to do with the fact that the Dome of the Deep has fewer prize options than the other arenas? Maybe that's why challengers from that arena end up spitting up codestones more frequently.

#5 MrBenn

MrBenn
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Yea Koi Warrior is my favourite too. Like vrtx said, probably just because there are fewer prizes available so more chance of codestones. I average around 2-3 red and 4-6 normal a day.

No chance of hitting the rare stuff like paintbrushes though I suppose. Anyone got any of that stuff?

#6 Grails

Grails
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I face Chia Clown on average difficulty and get 1-2 codestones per day, plus trash food.  My pet's only level 30 so I can't go around fighting anything I want.

#7 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

I do the Neocola arena with either Neopets V2 or S750 Kreludan Defender Robot... I've gotten 3-4 codestones and armoured neggs (only sometimes).  I also like the frequent neocola tokens because then I get a chance at a transmorph potion.

#8 grimfrenzy

grimfrenzy
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I prefer Koi Warrior. It averages to about 6-7 codestones per day.

This

#9 Butterball

Butterball
  • 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I've had the best luck with the Koi warrior, although the Kreludan Defender Robot isn't bad. If you're just in it for the codestones and have a weaker pet, the defender robot would be the easiest.

#10 Thii

Thii
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Cosmic Arena > Giant Fungus

#11 KingHeisenberg

KingHeisenberg
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

koi warrior, definetly

#12 jx9

jx9
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

I've been fighting the Koi Warrior like everyone else and getting a lot of codestones. I wonder however if there are better opponents to fight that have decent chances of dropping items more valuable than codestones?

#13 MasterQuest

MasterQuest
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yes Koi Warrior at highest more codestones normal and red :reaper:

#14 StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

does the difficulty affect the chances of getting the bonus items?

#15 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

I went with the Walein on medium pretty much since the BD went open beta (except a few days when I tried neopets v2 or evil sloth clone) and yeah, it has a pretty good chance for codestone (the average is roughly 6 normal and 2 red codestones plus a dubloon per day).

Another one - for the lack of a good bd pet - used only koi warrior on easy first and later hard and yes, you seem to get better items on hard (more codestones - especially red ones), but it doesn't seem like you get drops more frequently (i.e. still needs about the same amount of battles to get the 15 items imo).

#16 StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

ah i see. i will give it a shot with higher difficulty . i was doing easy for everything, thought i could kill faster and get the items faster. i get lots of junk doing this though -.- im gonna try hard from now on. thanks~

#17 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

yep, there's a trend for the Maraqua dome here. Probably cause of the smaller prize pool (no pun intended).

#18 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

It seems they stopped giving stuff so often...

#19 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

today is a kind of exception - apparently while updating for the faerie abilities and trying to add bottled faeries to the prize pools they messed up and all common prizes (those shared amongst challengers in the same arena like dubloons or even all challengers like codestones) aren't given out until it's fixed (i.e. you only get challenger specific prizes like the sloth clone plushie for the evil sloth clone, the waleins for the giant spectral mutant walein, etc.)

yep, there's a trend for the Maraqua dome here. Probably cause of the smaller prize pool (no pun intended).

actually that's been one of my thoughts and I tried to go for pango palladium challangers like tekkitu accordingly - however it seems that due to the missing dome-specific prizes and next-to-no challanger-specific-prizes you just don't get anything at all.

i.e. I'm usually done with the walein in ~20-30 fights on hard netting me a nice bunch of codestones and dubloons - after >100 fights with tekkitu I didn't get a single item so I just gave up :/

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 20 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#20 Butterball

Butterball
  • 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

today is a kind of exception - apparently while updating for the faerie abilities and trying to add bottled faeries to the prize pools they messed up and all common prizes (those shared amongst challengers in the same arena like dubloons or even all challengers like codestones) aren't given out until it's fixed (i.e. you only get challenger specific prizes like the sloth clone plushie for the evil sloth clone, the waleins for the giant spectral mutant walein, etc.)

I hope you're right, I was super sad today about the gravy train ending.

#21 catgotcha

catgotcha
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

For me it's the koi warrior who gives out lots of codestones, especially with this war thing happening. I've also been getting bottled faeries from it.

#22 repap

repap
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

The Tiki Mana gives out Island and Stealth paint brushes. They're rarer but a few million each.

#23 TheMysteryDoctor

TheMysteryDoctor
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

they used to be a few million each now they are selling for less then 700k

#24 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

I play against Mr Chuckles on the hardest difficulty and I actually get around 5 faeries and 5 codestones a day... I'm not sure why, but every time I finish I lose alot of hp. Maybe its to do with how much of a challenge your pet faces? Like I have to reheal every battle, cos my pet is like 80 HSD lol..

#25 Justpeachy

Justpeachy
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

I usually prefer fighting Koi Warrior and fighting in the neocola arena mainly because I get better items from both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users