• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

So. New Years was about two weeks ago. And as tradition states, you are alone with no one to kiss at midnight (or is that just me?) and you make resolutions of things you promise to do next year.

Basic question: Did you have New Years resolutions? What are they?

More interestingly: how have they been going? I Know that the first few weeks is always flooded with an influx of fat people at gyms saying they'll lose weights. But usually it'll start trickling down by the second to third week of January. Have you been a fat person and given up?

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Goals for 2013:

• 52 book challenge!
  • I went from overweight to underweight over the last few months, so I plan on actually eating healthily and creating a reasonable exercise regimen.
  • Reaching capability to create and maintain both meaningful and long-term friendships and relationships (UNREASONABLE GOAL)

• On my third book of the year, so on track for that
  • Fucked this one up, I forgot to bring my running shoes back to school and am using that as an excuse to not do shit. Hopefully I will fix this??? (no)
  • lol

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Wait, you went to College and you LOST weight your first few months? dafuq?

This is like my first year in maybe 10 years where I didn't say I was going to lose weight this year.

#4 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

• I made a New Years resolution to stop a rather unhealthy habit: chewing my fingernails. I've chewed them ever since I can remember. But... I haven't since New Years. :D I still have to stop myself every so often, but it's definitely getting better.
  • My second goal was to start doing push-ups on a regular basis again. Because I was sick for about a week after New Years, I figured I would start this one once I started feeling better. I started yesterday, so hopefully I keep on with that.

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

• I made a New Years resolution to stop a rather unhealthy habit: chewing my fingernails. I've chewed them ever since I can remember. But... I haven't since New Years. :D I still have to stop myself every so often, but it's definitely getting better.
  • My second goal was to start doing push-ups on a regular basis again. Because I was sick for about a week after New Years, I figured I would start this one once I started feeling better. I started yesterday, so hopefully I keep on with that.

I basically had to give up my workout regime because i got a new job. I either a) Need to find a new one or b)Just eat less (but foooood).

I chew my fingernails. Is it a bad thing? o.o

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I chew my fingernails. Is it a bad thing? o.o

I came up with three reasons why it was a bad thing:
  • My co-worker in the lab, when hearing the sound of me chewing my nails, compared it to "the sound of bones cracking". I've read that it also damages your teeth, since fingernails are quite tough.
  • All sorts of nasty stuff can get caught under the fingernails and that goes into your mouth (mmm).
  • I doubt anyone looks or cares that much, but chewed-looking fingernails don't look as good.

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I came up with three reasons why it was a bad thing:

• My co-worker in the lab, when hearing the sound of me chewing my nails, compared it to "the sound of bones cracking". I've read that it also damages your teeth, since fingernails are quite tough.
  • All sorts of nasty stuff can get caught under the fingernails and that goes into your mouth (mmm).
  • I doubt anyone looks or cares that much, but chewed-looking fingernails don't look as good.

All that matters is what Elle thinks of your nails <3

although i don't bite my nails in public. and bite them in a way where i remove the entire nail. Not like... just om nom nom nom.

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

• My first is stop being a pathological liar. I see myself lying verbally when talking about the smallest things like saying I jogged 5am in the morning and saw stoners passed out in the park. (Never gonna happen)
  • Stop/reduce buying venti caramel fraps even time I pass by a Starbucks (almost 3 times a week). (Not bought a drink from starbucks twice out of 3 so far)
  • My third goal is to stop having extended afternoon naps from 4 to 7. I always ended up staying up to 5am and have like 4 hours of sleep before classes. (Classes start on Monday so we'll see how that goes)

#9 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

congrats!! I used to bite my nails too so I know how hard it is to stop :3

well I this is the first time ever I have new year's resolutions and I think I'm doing quite well until now. I'm much more excited to work on my art and even started a blog to post my stuff, which is a good thing because I've always been ashamed of showing my drawings to other people. and now they're on the internet! yay!! hahaha
also I'm trying to care less about people and focus on myself, last year I let some people's opinions affect me way too much and in the end I felt there was going to be no 'me' left. I've been 'rebuilding' myself slowly since the beginning of the year and I think it's working out.

Edited by rachelsaurus, 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#10 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

My first resolution was to lose the weight I gained over the holidays then boom I got the stomach flu so that happened. Then I made a resolution to eat healthier and smoke less pot. I did start eating better.

Edited by Mishelle, 15 January 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#11 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

1. Loose xmas weight - DONE
2. Quit smoking - DONE (thank you pneumonia)
3. Loose the last 20 -30 pounds
4. Exercise more

2/4 done so I have a good start I think

#12 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I don't have any resolutions that I've made. Perhaps be less antisocial but it's not like I hate people, just that going out requires so much effort

#13 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

1920x1080 - so far so good on my main desktop. I upgraded from a laptop at 1366x768 last year. That 1920x1200 sure is tempting though ;)

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

I don't really have any resolutions this year. It's going to be one helluva year anyway so I figured I'd just roll with it and enjoy it instead of trying to fuck it up with a resolution that I probably won't keep.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I don't really have any resolutions this year. It's going to be one helluva year anyway so I figured I'd just roll with it and enjoy it instead of trying to fuck it up with a resolution that I probably won't keep.

You're doing LifeScouts with me, buttface ^_^

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

well I this is the first time ever I have new year's resolutions and I think I'm doing quite well until now. I'm much more excited to work on my art and even started a blog to post my stuff, which is a good thing because I've always been ashamed of showing my drawings to other people. and now they're on the internet! yay!! hahaha

I'd like to see!

I've stopped smoking. There was one Saturday in December I smoked a whole pack within the span of like 5 hours and I thought, "What the fuck am I doing?" so I decided to just stop.

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

You're doing LifeScouts with me, buttface ^_^

Does that count? I was considering that a part of the f'ing awesome year we're going to have.

#18 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Mine was to stop drinking

#19 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

wait why #hymen

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I've stopped smoking. There was one Saturday in December I smoked a whole pack within the span of like 5 hours and I thought, "What the fuck am I doing?" so I decided to just stop.

<3 Hope that keeps up!

Mine was to stop drinking

And how has that been going? And by stop do you mean completely? o.o

wait why #hymen

I dunno. I use it "ironically" in most of my tweets and instagram because other people have such absurd hashtags.

I think I might actually have a new one: go running more. I don't mean to work out (well it is) but I have actually never been good at running and I've always hated it. I need to become good at it sometime in my life because I run from one building of my university to my next class (literally maybe a 600m away) and I'm EXHAUSTED. That has to stop.

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm doing a 52 books in 52 weeks thing too. I'm 6/52 so far, but I know I'll read less in certain months. I also want to look good enough to put my belly button ring back in by April. (That's more complicated, but I'm doing pretty well with it.) I'm taking a picture a day and only missed one day so far. Finally, I'm going to send out my Christmas cards. (No progress.) That's all.

#22 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

My resolution was to keep doing what I'm doing because it is working for me.

Although, I am trying to read more and also to cut down on my non-business related internet usage.

I also resolved to have more fun and party more, quite self destructive, actually.

#23 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I want a 6 pack by the time summer rolls around :3
I'm off to a terrible start though xD

All I've been working out are my arms and chest so..I look oddly bulky instead of buff.
That and I haven't exactly been eating well D:

#24 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

I want a 6 pack by the time summer rolls around :3
I'm off to a terrible start though xD

All I've been working out are my arms and chest so..I look oddly bulky instead of buff.
That and I haven't exactly been eating well D:

Six packs are made in the kitchen, brah ;)
Also, make sure to start doing squats and deadlifts, increases t levels.

#25 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Six packs are made in the kitchen, brah ;)
Also, make sure to start doing squats and deadlifts, increases t levels.

T-levels?
I've been working out at home so I can't really do dead lifts D:
I'll try and do some squats though :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users