codies the codies

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#76 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Perhaps everybody else just stepped up their game since the last Codies. Or this whole being in love thing has made you go soft (not physiologically).

Doesn't seem plausible :ninja:

#77 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Doesn't seem plausible :ninja:

Well I expect you to try harder to win some of them back next time. :p You should be able to get Most Interesting and Smartest Posts at least...

#78 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

I feel I should have been nominated for best gfx member. Look I made a stunning celebratory picture for if/when sweenymh get pregnant.

YjQDH7t.png

#79 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Well I expect you to try harder to win some of them back next time. :p You should be able to get Most Interesting and Smartest Posts at least...

Depends on whether we wind up with enough members who can understand them, I guess.

#80 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Depends on whether we wind up with enough members who can understand them, I guess.

Your last Status Update was "Posting while pooping. 'Propriate.", I think they'll be fine. xD

#81 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Your last Status Update was "Posting while pooping. 'Propriate.", I think they'll be fine. xD

It takes a true connoisseur to appreciate the finer points of alliterative defecation.

#82 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

It takes a true connoisseur to appreciate the finer points of alliterative defecation.

Is it like playing my Game Gear on the toilet? Because we can relate if it is.

#83 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Nah, the sites devolved to meme-dex where the only responses are inside jokes, shitty memes and spelling corrections. But what do you expect when the average age goes from 24 to 18?

#84 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Nah, the sites devolved to meme-dex where the only responses are inside jokes, shitty memes and spelling corrections. But what do you expect when the average age goes from 24 to 18?

I think 18 is optimistic.

But it's not the age that's the issue, strictly. I know several people under 20 who are worthwhile engaging with. We just happened to suffer a sudden influx of people who act the way they do, and they riff off each other to create a culture that eschews intellect and glorifies inanity.

#85 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Feel free to make suggestions on what to do to combat this plague.

#86 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Feel free to make suggestions on what to do to combat this plague.

The administration doesn't want my help :p

#87 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

More encouragement over substantiating posts could help show an upswing in the direction that Sweeney is alluding towards.

#88 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

The administration doesn't want my help :p

Banning 90% of our members isn't an acceptable option. ;)

#89 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

More encouragement over substantiating posts could help show an upswing in the direction that Sweeney is alluding towards.

*sigh*

Using big words poorly makes you look silly.

Banning 90% of our members isn't an acceptable option. ;)

I've never said that it was :p

#90 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I've never said that it was :p

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure. :rolleyes:

(Also, Is it only me who really dislikes the new IPB post editor?)

#91 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Awww shucks, the people who are actually nice to others and active on the forums are being considered a plague?

tumblr_mdg5uhe72I1qbfpll.gif

Edited by Kate, 26 February 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#92 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure. :rolleyes:

(Also, Is it only me who really dislikes the new IPB post editor?)

(Don't worry you're not alone)

#93 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Why has using .gifs become the norm in expressing one's feelings? I mean they're fun to use jokingly to spark a laugh or two, but being unable to use  words to convey their feelings on a more serious issue is just pure laziness.

#94 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Why has using .gifs become the norm in expressing one's feelings? I mean they're fun to use jokingly to spark a laugh or two, but being unable to use  words to convey their feelings on a more serious issue is just pure laziness.

I never claimed I wasn't lazy. ;)

Here is a little tidbit from an earlier conversation:

[6:20 PM] woug: Sometimes I use gifs just to piss them off.
[6:20 PM] woug: Because I know they hate that.
[6:21 PM] monsieurfancypants: Whats wrong with gifs
[6:21 PM] woug: They think it's not a proper way to express yourself.
[6:21 PM] woug: Or juvenile.

Edited by Kate, 26 February 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#95 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think it's just something which has pervaded the internet in the last few years with the popularisation of 4chan and tumblr, the internet community is just slightly more retarded than it used to be. :/

#96 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Because reaction images are the "in" thing now :p

[insert generic "we used reaction images before they were cool" post here]

#97 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think it's just something which has pervaded the internet in the last few years with the popularisation of 4chan and tumblr, the internet community is just slightly more retarded than it used to be. :/

I admit I have over 500 "reaction images" saved for use on 4chan when I go there but video games and Chinese cartoons are hardly pressing issues so they're used entirely in jest.

I'm not even in actual college courses right now yet I still know the importance of being able to express oneself with proper spelling and grammar as it's the only way I'm going be taken seriously in the real world if I continue to pursue the same course I'm on.

#98 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I rebuttal with a jpg.

3pp16a.jpg

#99 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'm not even in actual college courses right now yet I still know the importance of being able to express oneself with proper spelling and grammar as it's the only way I'm going be taken seriously in the real world if I continue to pursue the same course I'm on.

This isn't the real world though.

#100 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I admit I have over 500 "reaction images" saved for use on 4chan when I go there but video games and Chinese cartoons are hardly pressing issues so they're used entirely in jest.

Expressing yourself is subjective to the audience. Thus in some cases a GIF, JPG, or PNG is in fact an appropriate response. It must be gauged on the audience first and foremost followed by whether or not it is on subject and substantial enough to express your opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: codies, the codies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users