Photo

February 2013 Codies Weiners

codies the codies

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I wasn't trying to be taken seriously. So I am not phased by you not taking me seriously. 
I was doing it "
jokingly to spark a laugh or two".

I don't want to be a part of this super serious discussion. 
It's just drama waiting to happen. 

#102 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

YWNPSId.gif

#103 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

YWNPSId.gif

:lol2:  Basically.

#104 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

This isn't the real world though.

Touche, salesman.

But the difference doesn't really change my (albeit flawed) idea. The internet is growing and it's becoming a larger influence on society and the new generations and because of this kids are becoming more used to the "internet style" of writing before they hit an age where they can know better.

I wasn't trying to be taken seriously. So I am not phased by you not taking me seriously. 
I was doing it "jokingly to spark a laugh or two".

I don't want to be a part of this super serious discussion. 
It's just drama waiting to happen. 

It's just the entire process in general. Many users just use gifs in many of their posts instead of actually saying something.

I'm not entirely against it, but using them in moderation would be better.

#105 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Arguments like these are so pointless.

If you want more intelligent posts on the forum, why not try to be more active in areas like the debate section and stimulate discussions by creating new topics so you can interact with people who you think are on your intellectual level, and verbally destroy (and reduce to tears) those you find lacking ;)

Equally I don't think you should dismiss others because you think their posts inane especially if they're not breaking any of the rules and are keeping the forums active.

#106 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Equally I don't think you should dismiss others because you think their posts inane especially if they're not breaking any of the rules and are keeping the forums active.

Actually, if I remember correctly we have/had (an idea for) a rule against using images in posts without any text.

Was this never enforced?

#107 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Actually, if I remember correctly we have/had (an idea for) a rule against using images as posts without any text.

Was this never enforced?

I hope not because I cannot express myself without gifs. 

#108 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Actually, if I remember correctly we have/had (an idea for) a rule of only using images as posts without any text.

Was this never enforced?

It was and then later retracted after some gripping debates regarding whether or not you could substantially contribute to a discussion using them and no supporting dialogue.

#109 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Actually, if I remember correctly we have/had (an idea for) a rule against using images in posts without any text.

Was this never enforced?

There are some situations where replying with an image or emoticon isn't inane.

#110 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

There are some situations where replying with an image or emoticon isn't inane.

Which I say use them in moderation as I'm fine with using gifs here and there, but using them as one's exclusive contribution to every discussion they're in is a bit much.

#111 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Which I say use them in moderation as I'm fine with using gifs here and there, but using them as one's exclusive contribution to every discussion they're in is a bit much.

That's a personal preference. 

#112 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Arguments like these are so pointless.

If you want more intelligent posts on the forum, why not try to be more active in areas like the debate section and stimulate discussions by creating new topics so you can interact with people who you think are on your intellectual level, and verbally destroy (and reduce to tears) those you find lacking ;)

I think what Elin means is that like maybe responses should be typed or thought out a bit more often rather than just imageboard-esque image/gif-only replies which sometimes don't really add to the topic? Like, not completely stopped forever that's it no fun allowed, but maybe a bit toned down? A forum would be seen as an escape from the sometimes really stupid and/or overdone threads on like 4chan or whatever filled with literally nothing but images, so you can actually have a bit of time to think out your posts and get a thought-out reply :3

If he had a problem with image replies then obviously he wouldn't go to 4chan hehehe

Edited by Turnip, 26 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#113 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

My post from the grammar nazis thread: 

Bitches be tryina tell me how to type? Allow 'em all. If i see someone's clothes looking shit you don't see me trying to fix 'em up, i just let 'em look like shit cause it's their choice.

#114 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

That's a personal preference. 

Just as everything I'm saying is my personal opinion.

I spout trash all the time; it's why I constantly go to 4chan. It's not impossible to write out a sentence or two, though. We're a forum where discussions fuel us and not simply .gif spam. There's a time and place for those elsewhere. Try chit-chat or every single birthday thread out there (for some reason).

#115 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Just as everything I'm saying is my personal opinion.

I spout trash all the time; it's why I constantly go to 4chan. It's not impossible to write out a sentence or two, though. We're a forum where discussions fuel us and not simply .gif spam. There's a time and place for those elsewhere. Try chit-chat or every single birthday thread out there (for some reason).

Well in my defense. I posted a whole sentence too.
Anyway, you're entitled to think whatever you want. But some of us don't like 4chan or similar sites.
Codex is my home and myself and anyone else should feel comfortable posting whatever they want as long as it's within the rules. :p 

#116 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Anyway, you're entitled to think whatever you want. But some of us don't like 4chan or similar sites.
Codex is my home and myself and anyone else should feel comfortable posting whatever they want as long as it's within the rules. :p

Well, I never said to go to those sites I simply used it as an example that I'm not completely against your ideals. I just had an issue with how the forum has evolved (devolved?) into such a meme spouting state.

Maybe I think the site has more potential and that it shouldn't just morph into another Reddit, 4chan, or imgur. I'm the last person to ever participate in such intellectual discussions but it's nice to have a safe haven from a spreading plague.

#117 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

I never claimed I wasn't lazy. ;)

Here is a little tidbit from an earlier conversation:

[6:20 PM] woug: Sometimes I use gifs just to piss them off.
[6:20 PM] woug: Because I know they hate that.
[6:21 PM] monsieurfancypants: Whats wrong with gifs
[6:21 PM] woug: They think it's not a proper way to express yourself.
[6:21 PM] woug: Or juvenile.

But it doesn't piss anyone off... it just makes you look juvenile and incapable of expressing yourself.

And by the way, I thought you were one of "the only people who are nice to others"? That doesn't seem to fit with your intention to piss people off. If anything, that'd come under flame-baiting.

#118 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, I never said to go to those sites I simply used it as an example that I'm not completely against your ideals. I just had an issue with how the forum has evolved (devolved?) into such a meme spouting state.

Maybe I think the site has more potential and that it shouldn't just morph into another Reddit, 4chan, or imgur. I'm the last person to ever participate in such intellectual discussions but it's nice to have a safe haven from a spreading plague.

I understand where you're coming from :p I really do.
I am a band wagon rider. You'll see that it's pretty recent that I've jumped on this bandwagon.. 
But I thoroughly enjoy gifs, and when people use them to express reaction, it's funny and cute. ^u^ I can understand how that can easily become overkill. I am sure the novelty will wear off for me eventually. Just bear with me :p 

But it doesn't piss anyone off... it just makes you look juvenile and incapable of expressing yourself.

And by the way, I thought you were one of "the only people who are nice to others"? That doesn't seem to fit with your intention to piss people off. If anything, that'd come under flame-baiting.

I wasn't referring to myself when I mentioned those "nice" people. I am flattered you thought so though ^u^

#119 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

We're comparing posting habits made here to those which are typically made on 4chan and other heavy-focus-on-images sites, and that this is a forum and not one of those :p Sure images are great and can be enough to express yourself, but just because it's allowed doesn't reaaaallly mean you should take full advantage and overdo it, know what I'm saying? (Don't worry! I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, just sayin')

Edited by Turnip, 26 February 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#120 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I think what Elin means is that like maybe responses should be typed or thought out a bit more often rather than just imageboard-esque image/gif-only replies which sometimes don't really add to the topic? Like, not completely stopped forever that's it no fun allowed, but maybe a bit toned down? A forum would be seen as an escape from the sometimes really stupid and/or overdone threads on like 4chan or whatever filled with literally nothing but images, so you can actually have a bit of time to think out your posts and get a thought-out reply :3

If he had a problem with image replies then obviously he wouldn't go to 4chan hehehe

I wasn't really addressing Elin in particular, I kind of agree that if the majority of your replies are gifs (which I do love to use, but usually only when I find a cracking one) then it says something about your ability to put what you feel into words. Also I agree with you - I like it when the forums are a mix of silly and serious posts, and wouldn't want codex to become my tumblr dash :p

#121 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I wasn't referring to myself when I mentioned those "nice" people. I am flattered you thought so though ^u^

You're flattered to be considered a part of a plague that "eschews intellect and glorifies inanity"?

Weird.

#122 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Would this image be acceptable to be posted on it's own right now?

Spoiler

#123 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

You're flattered to be considered a part of a plague that "eschews intellect and glorifies inanity"?

Weird.

Oh no no Sweeney. You misunderstood my dear. 
I am flattered you think I'm nice ^u^ 

One last thing..
This is the Codies thread. Gifs are common in here if you haven't noticed.
If you want to have a serious discussion about the administration not listening to you when it comes to the user plague, make a different thread instead of derailing this one. That's all I have to say about this. 

Enjoy!

#124 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Oh no no Sweeney. You misunderstood my dear. 
I am flattered you think I'm nice ^u^ 

Well, ok then.

I think it's pretty clear that I never said or implied any such thing though.

#125 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Well, ok then.

I think it's pretty clear that I never said or implied any such thing though.

I'm hurt.  :lol2:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: codies, the codies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users