Quantcast

Photo

Do you support gay marriage??

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you support gay marriage (276 member(s) have cast votes)

do you support gay marriage?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Why any type of marriage is supported is beyond me.

#27 scarbunnies

scarbunnies
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm homosexual and I don't care. 

Marriage is too traditional for me. 

#28 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

I personally don't support gay marriage.

It's another worrying global trend for me. Just looking at the sheer growth of LGBT community of the last decade, it's quite obvious that such kind of movement actually encourage more people to become gays/lesbians. Some people even find it to be cool to be LGBT, rather than normal people to get attentions. If such community grows to become half of the world population, it's going to be quite a challenge for the continuation of mankind. People will just keep resorting to more technology-aided tools to get children, test-tube babies, IVF and even cloning will eventually be widely adopted. Maybe in the end, people just invent robots with human characterisitics to totally replace humans and the need for companionship.

While many people may say that being gay is an innate nature, studies have only shown that it is a combination of innate nature and nurture that results in the sex orientation. In fact, nurturing could actually result in more effect than an innate nature. Some people are born naturally with higher tendency to steal, but with good education and conselling during early stage of childhood or teenage, such nature could be changed.

#29 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

It's another worrying global trend for me. Just looking at the sheer growth of LGBT community of the last decade, it's quite obvious that such kind of movement actually encourage more people to become gays/lesbians. Some people even find it to be cool to be LGBT, rather than normal people to get attentions. If such community grows to become half of the world population, it's going to be quite a challenge for the continuation of mankind. People will just keep resorting to more technology-aided tools to get children, test-tube babies, IVF and even cloning will eventually be widely adopted. Maybe in the end, people just invent robots with human characterisitics to totally replace humans and the need for companionship.

While many people may say that being gay is an innate nature, studies have only shown that it is a combination of innate nature and nurture that results in the sex orientation. In fact, nurturing could actually result in more effect than an innate nature. Some people are born naturally with higher tendency to steal, but with good education and conselling during early stage of childhood or teenage, such nature could be changed.

I commend you for being honest about your opinion on homosexual marriage but...this is pretty much bullshit.

#30 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Why is it a bad thing that people will think being gay is cool?

#31 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

I almost feel like I need proof that you're not trolling.

#32 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

i don't think i've ever read, trolling or not, the argument that gay marriage will have a negative effect on the continued existence of mankind. i probably also never actually laughed that much at an anti-gay marriage argument too. well played grandmaster, well played...

#33 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

The children homosexuals will spawn will infect straight children in kindergarten.

#34 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

I support marriage. Sexual orientation is irrelevant.

#35 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

I don't support the right for Cronus to get married.

#36 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

Actually, instead of just commenting that any reasoning is trolling or bullshit, please provide alternative substantiated argument. Most of the reasonings I found for gay marriage are rather weak in this thread. This is a debate thread, not a thread just for simple opinions. You cannot discredit other people's argument just with simple comment or just simply your feelings.

What I have illustrated may be a bit difficult to imagine now. But considering how fast things developed in the past decade, all the Internet and LGBT movement, it's quite clear that eventually most of the countries in the world will legalise gay marriage. So what's the next step forward for gays/lesbians? Either they just want the relationship and no children so no reproduction anyway, or they also want children which is only possible for the technologies I mentioned earlier. If the latter becomes a widespread phenomenon (due to maybe also heterosexual couples who can't have children but wanted children), then there's no turning back in terms of technology. Once these artifical technology is adopted, people can easily go one more step further to think why we need so much complicated process to produce humans, robots may be easier (technology could have advanced a lot by then, allowing humans to develop robots with high artificial intelligence and majority of the robot parts with human skin tissues). These technologies are already being researched into but it is just because governments are still banning their use so not many people can advance further than experimentation stage. But if people can start questioning and pushing governments to approve gay marriage which has been considered somewhat forbidden for milleniums, then I don't see why they cannot push anything for their rights (technology rights) even if they seems so unrealistic to us now.

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

I fail see to the downside in an increase in homosexuality or the advances in technology to produce children (such as IVF, surrogacy etc which is already widely used)

#38 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

I fail see to the downside in an increase in homosexuality or the advances in technology to produce children (such as IVF, surrogacy etc which is already widely used)

For technology to be considered widely used, it should be used by the majority of the world, at least 50% or so. Those technology are still only limited to quite a small percentage of the world population today. But when one day, homosexuality increases to large percentage of population, definitely the adoption of the technology can be also large percentage of the population, hence considered widely used.

#39 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

For technology to be considered widely used, it should be used by the majority of the world, at least 50% or so. Those technology are still only limited to quite a small percentage of the world population today. But when one day, homosexuality increases to large percentage of population, definitely the adoption of the technology can be also large percentage of the population, hence considered widely used.

Homosexuality will never account for a 'large percentage' of the population. O_o

#40 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Homosexuality will never account for a 'large percentage' of the population. O_o

Try not use the word "never" in arguments because it is too absolute and could undermine the argument. Nobody could predict the future and none of the things that are happening in this decade could ever been imagined by people two decades ago. Who could have imagined Internet could grow to this extent and there are now almost uncountable number of websites? Who could have imagined homosexuality topic which is such a tattoo topic in the past have become a trend? Who could imagine that we can spend so much time on phones and practically most people have a smart phone these days? So two decades later, it could be a possibility that LGBT may become the majority. If you look almost most of the forums in the Internet today, most people supported gay marriage and more and more people are admitting that they are gays/lesbians.

#41 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

How can you argue with a person who is apparently oblivious to population growth and predicted growth? Not to mention for some reason you think people will want robot children when there are and always will be a plethora of ways to obtain real children. And that said robot children and homosexuality being the "cool thing" will drastically reduce the human population. Yikes

#42 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Try not use the word "never" in arguments because it is too absolute and could undermine the argument. Nobody could predict the future and none of the things that are happening in this decade could ever been imagined by people two decades ago. Who could have imagined Internet could grow to this extent and there are now almost uncountable number of websites? Who could have imagined homosexuality topic which is such a tattoo topic in the past have become a trend? Who could imagine that we can spend so much time on phones and practically most people have a smart phone these days? So two decades later, it could be a possibility that LGBT may become the majority. If you look almost most of the forums in the Internet today, most people supported gay marriage and more and more people are admitting that they are gays/lesbians.

But when one day, homosexuality increases to large percentage of population, definitely the adoption of the technology can be also large percentage of the population, hence considered widely used.

So you can make absolute statements but I can't? ;) That doesn't seem awfully fair to me.

#43 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

They seriously talked about a robot conspiracy when arguing against homosexuality.

tumblr_mcm50dXvjd1qa0z6j.gif

#44 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

The_Scary_Robot_Movie.PNG

#45 tom12

tom12
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

appreciate your view... but are you serious lol???? your basically saying with counselling like you would do for a kid who steals you can cure homosexuality?? I'm sorry man but your completely 100% wrong. someone who is homosexual likes who they like.... and are repulsed by what they don't like.. just like a straight person. it's people like  you who have kids, and make them to ashamed to be who they are.... and then they end up in LOVELESS marriages.. and are never happy.... and eventually leave there husbands/wives anyways.... you see all they time now a days... older men/woman who were forced to act "straight" by people with your view... and only now in there 40s 50s feel strong enough to be who they were meant to be, and there whole life was wasted living a lie. For example my uncles wife, forced by homophobic parents who didn't accept her to be "straight", had 2 kids... was with my uncle for 25 yrs... then just leaves him for a woman. it all comes down to what you think is better , LIVING A LIE AND BEING UNHAPPY. or doing what makes you happy and flipping the finger to people like you. 

Edited by tom12, 03 July 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#46 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

appreciate your view... but are you serious lol???? your basically saying with counselling like you would do for a kid who steals you can cure homosexuality?? I'm sorry man but your completely 100% wrong. someone who is homosexual likes who they like.... and are repulsed by what they don't like.. just like a straight person. it's people like  you who have kids, and make them to ashamed to be who they are.... and then they end up in LOVELESS marriages.. and are never happy.... and eventually leave there husbands/wives anyways.... you see all they time now a days... older men/woman who were forced to act "straight" by people with your view... and only now in there 40s 50s feel strong enough to be who they were meant to be, and there whole life was wasted living a lie. For example my uncles wife, forced by homophobic parents who didn't accept her to be "straight", had 2 kids... was with my uncle for 25 yrs... then just leaves him for a woman. it all comes down to what you think is better , LIVING A LIE AND BEING UNHAPPY. or doing what makes you happy and flipping the finger to people like you. 

Okay.....I....see.....what you.....mean....

#47 tom12

tom12
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

That's wonderful ivysaur, ....I'm so glad ...

#48 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

So what if the population starts getting homsexual. Everybodys hair will look amazing. 

#49 tom12

tom12
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

So what if the population starts getting homsexual. Everybodys hair will look amazing. 

lol'd.

#50 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

It's true, the homosexual agenda is finally being put into motion. Expect to see the first heterosexual conversion centers opening in 2015. We'll outnumber the heterosexuals by 2050.

Be prepared.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users