224 replies to this topic

#51 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

What are the requirements? :o

Well you can leave it ONE server on 24/7. I think I usually incurred a fee because I'd start a new server before the old one terminated.

#52 Lv5Charmander

Lv5Charmander
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

Okay, thanks for the information.

#53 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

Don't be like me and accidentally leave one open on the West server and not realize it....

#54 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Don't be like me and accidentally leave one open on the West server and not realize it....

EC2 is amazingly cheap even when you're not running the free tier. It's the perfect thing to use for long-running programs that depend on networking.

#55 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

EC2 is amazingly cheap even when you're not running the free tier. It's the perfect thing to use for long-running programs that depend on networking.

$15 a month ^_^

#56 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

In order to prevent users from using EC2, can't TNT simply block the IPs that identify the ISP as Amazon? I doubt this would affect any of Neopet's regular users, as most people don't route their traffic through Amazon's servers?

#57 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

In order to prevent users from using EC2, can't TNT simply block the IPs that identify the ISP as Amazon? I doubt this would affect any of Neopet's regular users, as most people don't route their traffic through Amazon's servers?

Winner winner chicken dinner. Of course they could do that to all of the VPN and proxy providers networks, but they haven't done that yet.

#58 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Winner winner chicken dinner. Of course they could do that to all of the VPN and proxy providers networks, but they haven't done that yet.

That requires work....

#59 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

$15 a month ^_^

Not if you use spot pricing. ;)

#60 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Not if you use spot pricing. ;)

That's cheaper, but I prefer to just pay a premium price to have it 24/7.

#61 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Is the freeze rate the same as using AB any other way?

I hope I set this up right o__o

#62 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

Lol no wonder I have no luck with AAA. +rep

It's still too much trouble for some virtual points though. I really doubt the posting of this guide will attract that many more competitors, so those having a conniption over the exposure of their np-making secret can rest easy.

#63 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Is the freeze rate the same as using AB any other way?

I hope I set this up right o__o

If you need any help just let me know :)

Lol no wonder I have no luck with AAA. +rep

It's still too much trouble for some virtual points though. I really doubt the posting of this guide will attract that many more competitors, so those having a conniption over the exposure of their np-making secret can rest easy.

I guess we will see.

#64 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I didn't need to run python for this to work... I feel like my eyes have been opened to a new level of cheating LOL Thanks so much for this post--I've already snagged a couple mil+ items.  Didn't even have to run it for too long :D

#65 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

^ This.

I only have one main right now, and I can't risk it on EC2. But hearing your success makes me happy. Let us know how it works Kuragehime, at the end of the day.

#66 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

I didn't need to run python for this to work... I feel like my eyes have been opened to a new level of cheating LOL Thanks so much for this post--I've already snagged a couple mil+ items.  Didn't even have to run it for too long :D

Good! Turn up the minimum profit so that you don't waste attic buys on cheap items :D

^ This.

I only have one main right now, and I can't risk it on EC2. But hearing your success makes me happy. Let us know how it works Kuragehime, at the end of the day.

Hopefully you can find an AA shell to buy soon.

#67 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

laura laura laura laura

#68 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

laura laura laura laura

R.I.P.

#69 riskyclick

riskyclick
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm trying to set this up. I am at step 6 of setting up EC2, how exactly do I run program manager so its working on the instance desktop or well.. using the instance that I recently created?

#70 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm trying to set this up. I am at step 6 of setting up EC2, how exactly do I run program manager so its working on the instance desktop or well.. using the instance that I recently created?

Connect to the instance using the remote desktop shortcut you downloaded in step 5/6. Download the program manager while in remote desktop and run it from there. 

#71 StudMuffin

StudMuffin
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm completely torn over whether this is good or bad. It's a pretty thorough post Shrouded so props there since you obviously know what you're doing. I guess I'm just a little worried/jealous that my profits will be going down now. I'm not gonna make a fuss over it, because it does require work to be able to use this properly and to know how to make a profit.. but it just kinda feels like a guarded secret has been let loose that could level the playing field pretty quickly.

Edited by StudMuffin, 06 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#72 riskyclick

riskyclick
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Connect to the instance using the remote desktop shortcut you downloaded in step 5/6. Download the program manager while in remote desktop and run it from there. 

edit: fixed up my shit. thanks

Edited by riskyclick, 06 July 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#73 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'm completely torn over whether this is good or bad. It's a pretty thorough post Shrouded so props there since you obviously know what you're doing. I guess I'm just a little worried/jealous that my profits will be going down now. I'm not gonna make a fuss over it, because it does require work to be able to use this properly and to know how to make a profit.. but it just kinda feels like a guarded secret has been let loose that could level the playing field pretty quickly.

That's why he did it, he doesn't need the attic any more as he has another way of generating NP. So he decided to fuck it up for the rest of the people who knew about this ;) I'M NOT EVEN MAD though :)

#74 riskyclick

riskyclick
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

edit: hmmm... anyone have an idea of the freeze rates for AAA buying under 300ms?

+rep shrouded

Edited by riskyclick, 06 July 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#75 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

edit: hmmm... anyone have an idea of the freeze rates for AAA buying under 300ms?

Previously, it was very safe to AB in the attic, as TNT didn't monitor it. Now that the cat's out of the bag, more and more people will start using EC2. Eventually, TNT will have to do something about it. Therefore, I'd say the chance of being frozen is highly likely, because eventually (probably within the next year), EC2's popularity will increase high enough to catch TNT's attention. Most of the guys who enjoyed this system to the fullest have already left/are leaving the attic for good, with their fair share of profits, so, it's kind of every man for himself deal now.

Just AB on a side account.

Edited by 201211, 06 July 2013 - 06:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users