Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia Log-out: Having a hard time understanding how this does not look sketchy.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

I understand that the main objective of using Abrosia is to make it look as much as possible like a human is restocking. With this in mind, I only use it for short periods at a time, and tend to stop after buying a profitable item. That being said, normal people who stop restocking after buying a profitable item will then go and do what they wish with that item (rather than leaving it in their inventory). However, if an Abrosia user wishes to do this, they must close the program and then log back into NP. This has got to look bad on TNTs side. I mean this account was just restocking, it bought a good item, it stopped restocking, and now it needs to log back in? Why the hell would it need to log back in? 

If the answer is: "There is nothing that can be done about Abrosia logging you out, NP automatically logs one instance of an account out when it is logged in twice." Then what is your view on making this whole situation look a little more legit? Stop ABing for a few hours (essentially making it look like you just shut the screen, and didn't want to deal with the items you just purchased)? Force item management and then close Abrosia? I am obviously (as we all should be) trying to minimize the amount of red flags that my actions on NP raise.

Thoughts?

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

You don't need to log into NP just to put an item you bought into your shop, Abrosia can do that for you.

You don't need to close Abrosia after forcing item management because  Aborsia will automatically do what you have set it to do with the items it buys, when you force management.. (move to shop/SDB, pricing and such). I don't understand why you would need to log out after using force item management. 

Also, you can change how often it does item management, you could set it to every 5 minutes if you wanted Abrosia to manage your items every 5 minutes.

Edited by Satsuki, 24 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#3 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Why not to send it directly to SDB (or shop)? O_o

In the item managment set to move items to your SDB every 1 min. that way it'll look like you want to keep yor "profitable item" secure until you decide what to do with it.

#4 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think SDB is the best idea, however I have like 700 items in there and its such a bitch finding items after they go in. Unless I'm mistaken, items recently placed don't just get sent to the last page, they are placed in SDB according to some system (alphabetical, numerical, whatever). The reason I dont like just sending it to the shop is because I am only looking for items with profit of 10k+ and tbh I like to price them myself. So sending them to my shop and not doing anything else, even when the item could be worth more than 100k, would probably seem a little sketchy.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Items in the SDB have types (toy, paint brush...)

If you know what type of item it was you can search for it by using the drop down menu that has categories next to the "search". The type of an item will be the type of store it was bought from;  food store items are food, clothing store items are clothes, toy store/plushies are toys, magic store items are magic items and so on.

I have over 1,000 items in my SDB, and search by type really helps when I'm looking for something.

Edited by Satsuki, 24 September 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#6 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Ok, thank you for the information.

But we still haven't answered the main question: After using Abrosia, after closing the program, do you wait a while before logging back in to your account? Or do you truly not find it 'red flag-ish' for your account to require a login for no reason?

#7 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

I just log back in, and have never had an issue with that. Sometimes regular glitches can log a user out randomly, so I don't think it looks bad to log out and re-login. (or maybe you were trying to get to your lookup for some reason and accidentally hit log out, I've done that before).

Edited by Satsuki, 24 September 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#8 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Ok, I suppose it depends on how much 'heat' you feel you have attracted with your recent ABing actions. For example I recently forgot to turn Abrosia off and ended up ABing in a normal shop (not anything high profile at all) for 3 hours straight. NOTHING was purchased because my profit margins were too high, which makes me even more uneasy, because a human probably would not stay in the same shop, ABing for 3 hours straight and not buy ANYTHING. I know that the advanced settings allow me to avoid situations like this, but I like ABing in the background while I do school work, so I keep the settings very open, which leaves me susceptible to slip-ups like this. But it wont happen again. *end rant*

Anyone else have thoughts? This is something I have been thinking about ever since I started using Abrosia, not just recently since my 'slip-up'.

#9 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I run various bots daily on my main, so I log 5-10 times a day with them and my browser. Just make sure your user agent stays the same.

#10 kerosity

kerosity
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

What's the user agent (or how do you tell if it's the same)?

#11 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yes, mintpro, please explain about the custom user agent option. I did a quick google search and learned that the term 'user agent' typically refers to your computer/browser/ip information. However, I have no clue what user agent Abrosia is sending out. How can I make sure that it is consistently the same?

**EDIT**

After further research, I am now under the assumption that having a consistent user agent is not that big of a deal. But if you are logging in to one account with different proxies, and IP addresses, then that obviously looks shifty, and you deserve to be thrown out into the cold.

Edited by Rafiki36, 24 September 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

It involves what browser you use, operating system, and language, it looks like this:

Mozilla/5.001 (windows; U; NT4.0; en-us) Gecko/25250101

http://whatismyipadd....com/user-agent

So basically, using the same one means, using the same computer, browser and OS.You don't want to be changing OS's, computers, browsers a ton.

If you use valorous's neopets suite, it'll show your user agent on the login screen. You can then copy that, and only if you have advanced,you can put it into Abrosia and the other programs by using the "web settings" and typing it in where it says "use custom user agent".

Neopets Suite: http://www.neocodex....-automator-etc/

(It's a wonderful program, and I'd recommend using it for more than just getting a user agent.)

You can also use this to find your user agent, it also has some wonderful info: http://www.computerh.../u/useragen.htm

Edited by Satsuki, 24 September 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#13 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Unfortunately (actually I think its better :p) I am using a mac, so I can't use that program, even though it looks pretty amazing. Anyways, I'm not too worried about this user agent thing. Thanks for the feedback.

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Unfortunately (actually I think its better :p) I am using a mac, so I can't use that program, even though it looks pretty amazing. Anyways, I'm not too worried about this user agent thing. Thanks for the feedback.

Aw. I'm on a mac as well, I just have windows on it. Glad to help out.

#15 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Ok, I suppose it depends on how much 'heat' you feel you have attracted with your recent ABing actions. For example I recently forgot to turn Abrosia off and ended up ABing in a normal shop (not anything high profile at all) for 3 hours straight. NOTHING was purchased because my profit margins were too high, which makes me even more uneasy, because a human probably would not stay in the same shop, ABing for 3 hours straight and not buy ANYTHING. I know that the advanced settings allow me to avoid situations like this, but I like ABing in the background while I do school work, so I keep the settings very open, which leaves me susceptible to slip-ups like this. But it wont happen again. *end rant*

Anyone else have thoughts? This is something I have been thinking about ever since I started using Abrosia, not just recently since my 'slip-up'.

I leave Abro on for 6+ hours without buying anything (because my connection is too slow to snag most items). It doesn't look suspicious if you don't buy items. What will get you frozen is if you buy too many with too high a profit margin for too long.

#16 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

I leave Abro on for 6+ hours without buying anything (because my connection is too slow to snag most items). It doesn't look suspicious if you don't buy items. What will get you frozen is if you buy too many with too high a profit margin for too long.

I disagree. IMHO no sane human would sit in front of their computer 6 hours straight refreshing.

#17 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

I disagree. IMHO no sane human would sit in front of their computer 6 hours straight refreshing.

But would TNT even bother checking if no red flags had been raised on the account?

#18 Vis

Vis
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

So basically, using the same one means, using the same computer, browser and OS.You don't want to be changing OS's, computers, browsers a ton.

Oh dear. I kind of switch often between my desktop and laptop whenever I'm wandering around; different OS, different browser, different resolution, different IPs, sometimes from my phone on 3G, everything. Would this mean I'm in danger of being frozen :x ?

Why do they watch out for different user agents? (I can only think that it may be indicative of someone buying an account, but it may just as well be that the user has just moved)

#19 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Oh dear. I kind of switch often between my desktop and laptop whenever I'm wandering around; different OS, different browser, different resolution, different IPs, sometimes from my phone on 3G, everything. Would this mean I'm in danger of being frozen :x ?

Why do they watch out for different user agents? (I can only think that it may be indicative of someone buying an account, but it may just as well be that the user has just moved)

You IP is your internet router, they'll be the same if you're using both computers in the same place. I think what red flags a user agent is if the IP is changing countries, like using a proxy from the US and then one from China and one from Italy. If you have used those devices before with your account, TNT knows that people use different devices to log in, you're fine with that.
I use neo on my laptop, ipad and iPhone with my home wi-fi and my schools, and I haven't been frozen.

Edited by Satsuki, 25 September 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#20 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

But would TNT even bother checking if no red flags had been raised on the account?

We're not sure that constant 2+ hour refreshing in shops doesn't raise red flags itself.

#21 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

We're not sure that constant 2+ hour refreshing in shops doesn't raise red flags itself.

I dunno. I've been leaving Abro on for 6+ hours almost every day for more than a month now, and nothing. I've been doing plenty of other suspicious things and I post on the boards quite a bit too. Maybe I'll be iced soon  :unsure:

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

I dunno. I've been leaving Abro on for 6+ hours almost every day for more than a month now, and nothing. I've been doing plenty of other suspicious things and I post on the boards quite a bit too. Maybe I'll be iced soon  :unsure:

STAY AWAY FROM THE BOARDS, please. They'll be your doom, whether or not you're cheating. :S

#23 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

STAY AWAY FROM THE BOARDS, please. They'll be your doom, whether or not you're cheating. :S

I think I will, from now on. I only occasionally try trading my (legit) pets at the PC anyways. I think that the fact that I'm only online in the middle of the American night helps. (less report happies, I think, I've actually posted borderline illegal stuff in the past and my boards didn't get deleted or anything).

EDIT: Wait, why will the boards be my doom if I'm legit?

Edited by Amie, 25 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think I will, from now on. I only occasionally try trading my (legit) pets at the PC anyways. I think that the fact that I'm only online in the middle of the American night helps. (less report happies, I think, I've actually posted borderline illegal stuff in the past and my boards didn't get deleted or anything).

EDIT: Wait, why will the boards be my doom if I'm legit?

Envy and misdirected angry are very common on Neopets xD

There are some really nasty people there. :(

And remember, if someone tips you to TNT about the most stupid thing, TNT might run a background check on your account and caught you for ANYTHING.

Neoboards are one of the scariest places out there.

PROTEEECT YOURSEEELF FROM THE EVILNEEESS OF IIIIIT.

Okay, time to my medications.   :mellow:

Edited by athayde, 25 September 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#25 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Envy and misdirected angry are very common on Neopets xD

There are some really nasty people there. :(

And remember, if someone tips you to TNT about the most stupid thing, TNT might run a background check on your account and caught you for ANYTHING.

Neoboards are one of the scariest places out there.

PROTEEECT YOURSEEELF FROM THE EVILNEEESS OF IIIIIT.

Okay, time to my medications.   :mellow:

Wait, so if someone reports me, the chances of my account getting frozen go up like crazy? :p I get what you're saying though. Time to get the hell off the boards :') it's not like the people there are anywhere near nice anyway. Neo has a envious, angry community, like you say.

...What to do if I want to trade pets though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users