What medium or tablet do you use?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jorogumo

Jorogumo
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hi everyone!

I haven't done any digital art since my old wacom graphire tablet kicked the bucket a year ago and I'm really keen to start again - I'm using CS6.

This means though, that I need to buy another tablet - I'm super keen on the Wacom Intuos5 Pen & Touch Tablet in the medium size, but I'd love to hear some recommendations!

What do you guys use? Also, do any of you not do digital art at all?

#2 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Got a crappy outdated tablet that has started lagging >.<

But seeing I've just gotten a job, I can start saving for a new one I hope. Probably a Wacom too...

#3 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

I have a nexus 7 v2 and I try to do stuff on it... but I'm not very talented as it is, so that may be the reason why my efforts aren't too fruitful, but I'm trying dammit!

#4 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

I've got a Cintiq 12WX. I managed to get a secondhand one off a friend and it runs pretty okay save for a very rusted video cable and a lot of scratches :) 

Prior to that, though, I used a Wacom Bamboo Fun and was pretty satisfied with it. A friend of mine has used both the Bamboo Create and Bamboo Craft (craft is 1/4th the price of a medium Intuos) and was equally satisfied with both.

I've never used an Intuos personally, but they're supposed to be pretty good. To be honest, I don't see much difference between the Intuos and the cheaper Bamboo tablets. Just my two cents.

Oh, and as for traditional, I use artists' watercolours. They're really something. I also occasionally use Copic markers, but watercolors are a million times prettier, so...

#5 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

I personally looove my Bamboo Fun, but my dad bought my mom an Intuos that she's never used. :p

I might bring it out of its dusty box and try it some time, but for my low-level skill the Bamboo Fun is good enough. xD

#6 fieberhaft

fieberhaft
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

I use a graphire 4. I'm afraid of change lol. Especially after i got a bamboo fun after my first tablet's wire rotted, and it didn't last a year
I actually spliced a usb cable to the good part of the wire, and it works perfectly. I 'll use it as backup when my newer graphire 4 dies aldjfhg

#7 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I have a Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch! It's kind of small but its been pretty good to me over the years~ ^^ holy crap its almost four years old hahah

The nibs can get worn out really quickly if you draw loads though since I guuuess they're using plastic which isn't very good anymore? But thankfully they're pretty cheap so it isn't all that bad :3

I pretty much ooonly do digital art~ It feels so weird using a pencil and paper and all hahaha

I have a nexus 7 v2 and I try to do stuff on it... but I'm not very talented as it is, so that may be the reason why my efforts aren't too fruitful, but I'm trying dammit!

Wrong sorta tablet hehehe :p <3

#8 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I have a Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch! It's kind of small but its been pretty good to me over the years~ ^^ holy crap its almost four years old hahah

The nibs can get worn out really quickly if you draw loads though since I guuuess they're using plastic which isn't very good anymore? But thankfully they're pretty cheap so it isn't all that bad :3

I pretty much ooonly do digital art~ It feels so weird using a pencil and paper and all hahaha

Wrong sorta tablet hehehe :p <3

Whatever! :) I CAN DREAM! hahaha

#9 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

I have a nexus 7 but I don't use any digital art on it. I mainly use it to read notes and class assignments.

#10 Sayrah

Sayrah
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

At home, I use an older Wacom Bamboo medium tablet that's about three years old now. At school, I use a Wacom Intuos5 medium tablet. I like them both and I don't find many differences in either of them honestly.

#11 Maelstrom

Maelstrom
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

I use an Intuos 4 medium. I love how it has a large space to draw, but not so large that it becomes unwieldly to hold or set on my lap. It is a little too large to carry around everywhere with me though.

#12 Jorogumo

Jorogumo
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Awesome! I was hoping to buy an Intuos5 Tablet at an electronics store my friends work at (huge discounts ahoy) but after my graphire cte-640 shat its pants and started getting super sensitive (it'd start drawing when it was 10cm above the tablet I was pretty over it. 

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I'll buy it this weekend.

#13 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

I use a Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet.  I love it lots.  The only thing I don't like about it is that the pen nibs wear down quickly.  I desperately want to upgrade to an Intuos, but I'm poor. :(

#14 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I use a Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet.  I love it lots.  The only thing I don't like about it is that the pen nibs wear down quickly.  I desperately want to upgrade to an Intuos, but I'm poor. :(

Mmmnnnn... There's this guide that shows you how to make your own pen nibs and it looks pretty handy~ ^^

#15 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Mmmnnnn... There's this guide that shows you how to make your own pen nibs and it looks pretty handy~ ^^

omg how did I not see this before TYSM. 8D

#16 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

I will love you til the end of eternity.

#17 Unfeared

Unfeared
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I have an old wacom bamboo pen & touch, but I'm looking for one with a screen in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users