codies fall 2013 merica iloveyoukate pie chart dancedance

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#51 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Why were posts made invisible? No rules were broken.

They were off-topic, becoming disruptive and essentially cyclical pointlessness.

#52 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Skewed results... 

Invis'd posts...

Fragile feelings being hurt...

It's like Codex 2004 all over again

#53 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Skewed results... 

Invis'd posts...

Fragile feelings being hurt...

It's like Codex 2004 every Codies ever all over again

#54 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Threads that go off topic are usually the most interesting threads to read :crybaby:

USUALLY. But then Yung gets involved and everything in the world turns beige. I'm baffled he got beat out for least interesting.

#55 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

The results aren't skewed and so far I see no hurt feelings :/
Maybe I'm blind.

#56 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

The results aren't skewed and so far I see no hurt feelings :/
Maybe I'm blind.

You're one of the few people that can read the invis'd posts, so please do and come to your own conclusion based on the facts...

#57 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

I just see it all and am reminded of when I was in kindergarten playing snakes and ladders.
I won and the kid I was playing with was like HAY NO FAIR YOU CHEATED!

That's how this feels lol. Like kindergarten.

#58 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

USUALLY. But then Yung gets involved and everything in the world turns beige. I'm baffled he got beat out for least interesting.

I had fun just responding to him with nothing but gifs for a few hours.

#59 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Oh noooo my forum awards were rigged!

Next time don't use Pyro's survey program.

#60 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Can we sue Cody? I think we should.

#61 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

You're one of the few people that can read the invis'd posts, so please do and come to your own conclusion based on the facts...

My personal conclusion: can't wait for the next Codies where vote progress is visible and near perfect with in-forum polls (unless there are desperate people who makes secondary NeoCodex accounts JUST to to vote for a popularity contest) and drama will be provocative, immature, and well enjoyed.

Can we sue Cody? I think we should.

SUE HIM FOR ALL THE NC CARDS!!! The Black Friday GBC sale is coming up.

#62 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

They were off-topic, becoming disruptive and essentially cyclical pointlessness.

I just don't think posts need to be invisied every time someone gets their panties in a bunch. Inb4 coming to Dan's defense, I'm really not. I don't care about the Codies.

The truth is censorship is wrong and I don't think you've made the right choice here. This is why I barely come here anymore, because I'm tired of posts and threads being made invisible or deleted just because someone's had a disagreement. That isn't what that option is for. Mature adults should be able to have a meaningful argument without mods getting involved every time.

#63 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

SUE HIM FOR ALL THE NC CARDS!!! The Black Friday GBC sale is coming up.

The NC cards are bought using Neocodex company funds so that's not going to work. :p

I just don't think posts need to be invisied every time someone gets their panties in a bunch. Inb4 coming to Dan's defense, I'm really not. I don't care about the Codies.

The truth is censorship is wrong and I don't think you've made the right choice here. This is why I barely come here anymore, because I'm tired of posts and threads being made invisible or deleted just because someone's had a disagreement. That isn't what that option is for. Mature adults should be able to have a meaningful argument without mods getting involved every time.

It had nothing to do with anybody getting upset, the whole thing was just pointless and served no purpose whatsoever.

#64 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

The NC cards are bought using Neocodex company funds so that's not going to work. :p

I'll sue NeoCodex for employee abuse :( I still have the nightmares about the dank cages and the yacht

#65 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Mature adults

Oooop. There's the problem.

#66 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Oh noooo my forum awards were rigged!

Next time don't use Pyro's survey program.

I just see it all and am reminded of when I was in kindergarten playing snakes and ladders.
I won and the kid I was playing with was like HAY NO FAIR YOU CHEATED!

That's how this feels lol. Like kindergarten.

Well that's the point, isn't it?

We all spend our time on here, some more than others, and the Codies are a way to reward and recognise those people.

Yeah, you can take it as a joke, but don't lie and try and say you aren't pleased people voted for you...

At the end of the day, I'm sure the people who won are pretty happy that they did and feel they deserve it (obviously this applies to categories such as Best Poster / Mr Codex / Best Mod etc, not w/e)

My personal conclusion: can't wait for the next Codies where vote progress is visible and near perfect with in-forum polls (unless there are desperate people who makes secondary NeoCodex accounts JUST to to vote for a popularity contest) and drama will be provocative, immature, and well enjoyed.

Well said.

It's just a shame we'll have to wait a year (or so)

#67 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

I feel like I do deserve next pregnant. I'm a whore who 'skins it'.

#68 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

+1

#69 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Exactly my thoughts :p

Even then..  I'm just trying to make a point.. I've been a member of multiple other forums where arguments and debates have occurred. Post and threads were almost NEVER made invisible or deleted. And there were plenty of people who were/are bigger assholes than some people here and less mature. I just think the options are way overused here and it's a sad state for a forum to be in.

#70 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

It wouldn't be the codies without a wittle bitta dwama

Where's a pacifier when ya' need one?

#71 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Well that's the point, isn't it?

We all spend our time on here, some more than others, and the Codies are a way to reward and recognise those people.
Yeah, you can take it as a joke, but don't lie and try and say you aren't pleased people voted for you...

At the end of the day, I'm sure the people who won are pretty happy that they did and feel they deserve it (obviously this applies to categories such as Best Poster / Mr Codex / Best Mod etc, not w/e)

Well said.

It's just a shame we'll have to wait a year (or so)

Oh yes, you're right that people are pleased. I know I am happy to have won. But if I hadn't won anything I wouldn't begin questioning the credibility of the entire thing out of disappointment. Even having won a few categories I can honestly say I didn't like how the voting was done this round, but I'm not going to go on and on about it and beat a dead horse. What's done is done.

#72 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

I stopped trying to suck up to people here a while ago so I don't really care if the members here like me or not.

I haven't won a single award in any of the events and I have more fun making jokes with Turnip about the entire thing than with the competition itself.

#73 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

It wouldn't be the codies without a wittle bitta dwama
Where's a pacifier when ya' need one?

Adam, you should probably the leave the patronising to the people who aren't two wings short of an F-16.

#74 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Oh yes, you're right that people are pleased. I know I am happy to have won. But if I hadn't won anything I wouldn't begin questioning the credibility of the entire thing out of disappointment. Even having won a few categories I can honestly say I didn't like how the voting was done this round, but I'm not going to go on and on about it and beat a dead horse. What's done is done.

You've missed my point and I think it's quite sad that you think that this is being questioned out of disappointment.

The results have been skewed because the process was broken. Fact.

No personal vendetta, no problems, no butthurt... I just don't think people should be lied to. Is that wrong?

#75 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Adam, you should probably the leave the patronising to the people who aren't two wings short of an F-16.

There's the Sweeney I longed for. <3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: codies fall 2013, merica, iloveyoukate, pie chart, dancedance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users