Quantcast

Our brand spanking new Contest Team!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

POPULAR POST!

Hey there eager readers! (Or not so eager, it matters not). The staff would like to proudly welcome some folks to the new Contest Team! The Contest Leader was selected by the staff as someone who is active and helpful in the Contest Section, is friendly, sociable, and has the time to commit to such a job. So, that being said, three cheers for @Emily, our new Contest Lead / Activity Lead, who will be responsible, along with her team, for bringing new, exciting contests, and activity inducing awesomeness, to the forum. 

Of course every leader needs a team to lead and work closely with and for that (aside from myself, who will be working with them as well) we would like to welcome @Kordelia to the Contest Team! Kordelia has proven to be very active and helpful in that section as well and we are confident that she will be a great asset to the team and wonderful to work with. 

Lastly (regarding the team members), after some discussion, Emily and I decided we should probably recruit one more team member but we had trouble thinking of people who would actually be interested in the position. So, if you think you would have time for such a role on Codex, and you'd like to contribute to the community in the form of providing fun ideas, suggestions, and time to put into contests, then please send a PM to @Emily and let us know if you want to help out and how you think you could benefit the site and the team ^_^ We will only be selecting one person (for now). 

Finally, if you have any suggestions for official contests yourself, you can feel free to PM Emily and she will be glad to jot them down for discussion later on. Users are still allowed to run their own contests to their heart's content, outside of the Official Neocodex Competition section, and we encourage it! :D 

Have an awesome day!
Kate 

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

I approve of this.

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Ohhh.
Great choices Kate!

I think I'll be sending Emily a PM :p

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Ohhh.
Great choices Kate!

Thank you :3 I think these ladies will do quite well. 
Also, you definitely should, the more options the better I say! ^_^

#5 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Yay! Congratulations guys!

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

It's becoming a running theme, handing out promotions and responsibilities to people who have been here all of ten minutes :p

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

It's becoming a running theme, handing out promotions and responsibilities to people who have been here all of ten minutes :p

It's not like any of the senior users are running contests. Lol.

I'm sure these girls will do well :)

#8 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Thanks to all the staff and congratulations @Kordelia! I'm very excited about being given the chance to help Neocodex grow :)

Definitely shoot me a PM if you're interested in being on the team or if you have any ideas! 

Edited by Emily, 13 January 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#9 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Hey there eager readers! (Or not so eager, it matters not). The staff would like to proudly welcome some folks to the new Contest Team! The Contest Leader was selected by the staff as someone who is active and helpful in the Contest Section, is friendly, sociable, and has the time to commit to such a job. So, that being said, three cheers for @Emily, our new Contest Lead / Activity Lead, who will be responsible, along with her team, for bringing new, exciting contests, and activity inducing awesomeness, to the forum. 

Of course every leader needs a team to lead and work closely with and for that (aside from myself, who will be working with them as well) we would like to welcome @Kordelia to the Contest Team! Kordelia has proven to be very active and helpful in that section as well and we are confident that she will be a great asset to the team and wonderful to work with. 

Lastly (regarding the team members), after some discussion, Emily and I decided we should probably recruit one more team member but we had trouble thinking of people who would actually be interested in the position. So, if you think you would have time for such a role on Codex, and you'd like to contribute to the community in the form of providing fun ideas, suggestions, and time to put into contests, then please send a PM to @Emily and let us know if you want to help out and how you think you could benefit the site and the team ^_^ We will only be selecting one person (for now). 

Finally, if you have any suggestions for official contests yourself, you can feel free to PM Emily and she will be glad to jot them down for discussion later on. Users are still allowed to run their own contests to their heart's content, outside of the Official Neocodex Competition section, and we encourage it! :D 

Have an awesome day!
Kate 

THANK YOU so very much, I look forward to working with Emily and anyone else who is on the Contest Team!  :wub:

#10 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Congrats @Kordelia and @Emily :)

#11 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

Ohhh.
Great choices Kate!

Do it, you'll rock. :)

Thanks so much Emily and HappyAccident and Napi (and everyone!), I am extremely happy to be part of the crew.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

lolrly.

Seriously, though, if you'll pay me for my time, I'll happily come up with the highest quality contests you ever did see. Way better than the Christmas Tree one. Way better.

#13 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Seriously, though, if you'll pay me for my time, I'll happily come up with the highest quality contests you ever did see. Way better than the Christmas Tree one. Way better.

I will pay you in np.

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

I will pay you in np.

You've been spending too much time with Yung. I ain't no two-bit graphical artist.

#15 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

[quote name="Kate" post="1709883" timestamp="1389640886"
Lastly (regarding the team members), after some discussion, Emily and I decided we should probably recruit one more team member but we had trouble thinking of people who would actually be interested in the position. So, if you think you would have time for such a role on Codex, and you'd like to contribute to the community in the form of providing fun ideas, suggestions, and time to put into contests, then please send a PM to Emily and let us know if you want to help out and how you think you could benefit the site and the team ^_^ We will only be selecting one person (for now).

For some reason quotes are not working, so let's pretend this is where Kate's quote ends and my post starts.

I have the time, but I find this whole concept of "fun" revolting.

Edited by Drakonid, 13 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

You've been spending too much time with Yung. I ain't no two-bit graphical artist.

I'm only offering for one idea, not a whole site.

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm only offering for one idea, not a whole site.

The principle is the same :p You can't afford me.
*flounce*

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

The principle is the same :p You can't afford me.
*flounce*

Fine, I'll take my neopoints elsewhere.

#19 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

This is a great idea! Good choice on the members, they sure deserve it for all the organising they've been doing for all the contests about :)

#20 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Congrats girls! You both 110% deserve the positions. ^_^

I'm looking forward to some great contests and hopefully participating/helping out in some of them! (:

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#21 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Great job already, gratz on getting an official title though, can't wait for the contests.

#22 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Thanks so much Emily and HappyAccident and Napi (and everyone!), I am extremely happy to be part of the crew.

Really i LOVE YOU

#23 Clone2000

Clone2000
  • 59 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Congrats! Looking forward to the new contests to be held! :)

#24 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what awesome contests you guys come up with.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

lolrly.

You ain't no professional contest wizard! Get a real job. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users