• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hello Everyone,

As I am sure you have noticed there have been a few changes to the staff layout here. We have a new addition to the team along with some other changes which I will highlight here.

First off, @Adam has stepped down as a Moderator. We truly appreciate the efforts he has made and look forward to seeing him around the community.

Next I would like to mention that @Keil is back after an extended personal leave, we were a little worried about him there but has assured us that he will continue to be around and help keep things in running order.

I am sure that everyone is aware of @Kate's pregnancy (and if not I suggest you read her blog), and as such we want to wish her the very best of luck and that her codex family will always be here to love and support her. During this time you will notice she will be around less (which we have strongly encouraged), she originally wanted to resign but because of her very valuable assistance we just could not let her go.

Finally, I would like you all to help welcome @Emily to the team. She has been very active on most fronts of the site, she will continue to run the competitions aswell as helping to moderate the rest of the forum. Welcome Emily :)

If anyone has any comments or concerns please feel free to send me a message and I would be more than happy to discuss it there.

Thanks
~Cody

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Welcome to the team, Em!

♥ You're going to do great. I have faith in you.

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Welcome to the team, Em!

Rock that pregnancy, Kate!

#4 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Glad to see this! Congrats Em! :*

Edited by L33T, 03 February 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#5 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Well I should've seen that coming.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

How did you determine that Emily would be a suitable moderator, when she has only made 500 posts here?

#7 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Not all conversations with users take place on the public forums, there is private messaging and other mediums :p

I was made administrator before i had 500 posts; i was not aware that post counts were so heavily depended on. This was not a decision i made on my own, all staff had their say on the situation.

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Not all conversations with users take place on the public forums, there is private messaging and other mediums :p

It's still pretty difficult to gauge her attitude to the forum when she is not very active on the forum.

I was made administrator before i had 500 posts; i was not aware that post counts were so heavily depended on.

Yes, well. The less said about that the better.

This was not a decision i made on my own, all staff had their say on the situation.

Obviously.

#9 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Oh wow! Congrats @Emily!

I expect some great user titles to come, although mine will always be the masterpiece that started it all ;)

Maybe another application process for another mod should be thought about as well, considering Kate is on leave and others seem fussed about not having an equal opportunity.

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Oh wow! Congrats @Emily!

I expect some great user titles to come, although mine will always be the masterpiece that started it all ;)

Maybe another application process for another mod should be thought about as well, considering Kate is on leave and others seem fussed about not having an equal opportunity.

I'm still here. 
I just won't be around 24/7. Plus I think 4 mods + Strat + Cody is plenty :p
Besides, having applications hasn't always proven to be the best option either.

#11 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

http://imgur.com/ZPO0CNb

#12 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

Congrats Em! ^_^ I know you'll do great <3

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

You forgot Hydrogen!

Hydro's too busy with his own work to put time into Codex.

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Hydro's too busy with his own work to put time into Codex.

This, but he does do the managing of finances still and takes care of a few support requests if we cannot do it ;)

Also, welcome Emily to the position of Moderator. I have no doubt you will serve the role well :) If you need anything, you can get in touch and I can help you in any way possible. Good luck!

#15 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

You forgot Hydrogen!

Nope, didn't forget him.
He's taken on more of the owner role (He is the owner, afterall) and deals with the financial side of things over the actual forum :p

#16 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

I'm still here. 
I just won't be around 24/7. Plus I think 4 mods + Strat + Cody is plenty :p
Besides, having applications hasn't always proven to be the best option either.

Ah, I was thinking a near resignation, sounded like a big deal to me :p, and bebeh on the way you would take a mini vacay from here.
Cuz no one is here 24/7, right....?

True story bout applications not giving us the best mods, but I was more going along the lines of it giving everyone equal oppurtunity if they wanted it.

#17 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Thanks everyone and thanks to the staff especially for giving me this great opportunity! I completely understand and respect any concerns people may have. I can only hope to do a good job and earn your respect! :) 

#18 Pompeii

Pompeii
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Congrats Emily! You've seemed very sweet from what I've seen around (although I am new)!

Looking forward to all the great things that come of this.

#19 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Can I be a moderator too? :DDD I am dedicated I promise I will be good 

Edited by Best, 03 February 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#20 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Congrats, @Emily, you are going to do a fab job as moderator, and I'm already really enjoying your role as the Contest Team Leader, too!

@Kate, you just take care of YOU and your family right there at home...I am so glad you are not resigning, and yes, coverage looks to be very thorough, so enjoy those moments away with your (growing!) non-Codex family. :D

Edited by Kordelia, 03 February 2014 - 06:13 PM.

#21 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

:D Can I write an application to be a mod

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

No.

#23 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Congrats Em

#24 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

You can do anything you put your mind to. :)

Congrats, Emily. You got the right attitude. You should feel special. Strat never told ME he could help me 'in any way possible'. *grumbles*

#25 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

You can do anything you put your mind to. :)

Congrats, Emily. You got the right attitude. You should feel special. Strat never told ME he could help me 'in any way possible'. *grumbles*

I was too scared to offer, you seem like the dominating type :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users