attic programming community-involvement help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
682 replies to this topic

#176 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Feature request: minimize to tray. If that's an option, I'll turn it on and forget about it for months. Everyone wins.

except you'll probably be banned for most of the time.

I asked dan about this and while he doesn't have it minimize to the try, you can right click on the lemons in the system tray and click show/hide and it will hide it for you.

Edited by Rocket, 02 March 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#177 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

Feature request: minimize to tray. If that's an option, I'll turn it on and forget about it for months. Everyone wins.

except you'll probably be banned for most of the time.

I asked dan about this and while he doesn't have it minimize to the try, you can right click on the lemons in the system tray and click show/hide and it will hide it for you.

I don't really like the 'minimize to tray' functionality in the way that the program manager & Abrosia have implemented it - I think the show/hide should suffice :D

Sorry if we have some strange looking data on the site, a certain ex-administrator here decided he wanted to make my day a little busier :p ;)

#178 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

Yeah 300 restocks in an hour... I don't buy that :p

And that certain ex-admin just might be a programmer rank right now ;)

Hehe. Poor SL was only trying to help. The site should look OK now, but I still have some data to clean up.

PS avatar thief

#179 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hehe. Poor SL was only trying to help. The site should look OK now, but I still have some data to clean up.

What did he do? xD

#180 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

What did he do? xD

We were trying to integrate this attic stuff into Abrosia to allow for more data to be provided, but he ran into a few issues (no blame :p). I think we might be able to have something tonight / tomorrow. :D

#181 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

We were trying to integrate this attic stuff into Abrosia to allow for more data to be provided, but he ran into a few issues (no blame :p). I think we might be able to have something tonight / tomorrow. :D

Oh, cool :D
Getting Abrosia integration is huge! People will be helping without even realising ^^

#182 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:34 AM

Oh, cool :D
Getting Abrosia integration is huge! People will be helping without even realising ^^

Indeed. It's a little touch and go right now (as in, a big maybe) because the Abrosia code is a little ancient, but it's something we're looking into  ^_^

----

Somebody got rich earlier:

tyhBLfx.png

#183 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

So how are things progressing so far in a nutshell/layman's terms? How clear a pattern is emerging? What's the forecast?

And I'm almost at 100 finally yay. Been having issues with restock bans and the program not handling them right (which was explained a few posts ago I guess).

#184 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Dan and WL are close to getting the pattern :)

My guesstimation: the combined brainpower of Dan and WL will get the pattern within a week or two max

Well they're hourly so I suspect they figured it out last week.

#185 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

How would that get more specific times?

#186 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

Dan and WL are close to getting the pattern :)

My guesstimation: the combined brainpower of Dan and WL will get the pattern within a week or two max

@cuttingedge We've got it pretty much figured out, just we want to collect more data to prove our theory. As soon as this project ends we're going to be relying on us having a pretty reliable algorithm, and in order to provide that we just need a bit more data as proof, to be comfortable.

Oh yeah @Dan wouldn't it be better if the program used the smart refreshing algorithm? This way users get restock banned less often and can get even more specific times for each restock. Also, it would look a lot more human :p

Yes, it probably would. This is something I might look into over the next couple of days, but I have a full-time job too remember :)

By only refreshing for a minute at the 7 minute cycle and shifting the cycle when needed, you can reduce the refresh rates to about every 1-3 seconds for a minute and you'll catch the restock.

This is correct but we might be refreshing every 1-3 seconds for a max of ~2 minutes.

#187 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

I really appreciate that you guys did this. :)

I wanted to contribute more to it but it's difficult with only having a side that's old enough.
I try to be as legit as possible on site lol

It's an amazing tool

#188 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hope my proxy is working :D because I'm about the run the crap out of this thing

#189 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Hey guys try to run it overnight if you can. We're getting highs of 18 confirmed times during the day and as low as 2 overnight where we can use the precision.

#190 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys try to run it overnight if you can. We're getting highs of 18 confirmed times during the day and as low as 2 overnight where we can use the precision.

I normally do, but the past few nights I've been out and had my computer turned off. But I'm back to having no life again so I'll run it overnight again as well.

#191 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

I tend to get RS banned halfway through the night.

#192 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

woo just broke 400 restocks!

#193 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

I GOT THE BEST NUMBER IN THE WORLD

2014-03-04_1511.png

#194 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I GOT THE BEST NUMBER IN THE WORLD

2014-03-04_1511.png

what's so special about it? wait... let me guess.. bday?

#195 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Oh, goodness. I hope no one finds it amusing to make a 420 joke in the next few days.

#196 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

I wont, not my style.

#197 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Oh, goodness. I hope no one finds it amusing to make a 420 joke in the next few days.

I was very tempted to but decided against it

#198 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

what's so special about it? wait... let me guess.. bday?

It's my special number. It's my birthday, but it also pops up everywhere, when I look at the clock, videos, etc

I won't, I don't do drugs.

#199 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

It's my special number. It's my birthday, but it also pops up everywhere, when I look at the clock, videos, etc

Confirmation biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

#200 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Congrats @nitro :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attic, programming, community-involvement, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users