• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#51 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

I was under the impression it could be made so only a few were under your profile pic and the rest would show up in your profile under the tab.

@Napiform

As of right now, the award system will only display the 10 most recent awards given under your userbar while your entire collection can be viewed in your award cabinet on your profile. With that being said, once you (I'm using you for an example) received your 11th award, your Kate's Medal of Honor will be bumped off your 10 awards to make space for your 11th. For the staff, it's more cumbersome to keep your desired awards under your userbar because it means we have to PM you asking what awards you want to display, de-award the less desireable award, and finally re-award the desireable award. Note that this must be done every single time someone exceeds 10 awards (and onward) with our current system and the staff and I prefer to keep this under a case-by-case basis. This will continue to happen until we find an IPB app that will allow community members to pick and choose what awards to display themselves or any solution that can fix this.

#52 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

@Napiform

As of right now, the award system will only display the 10 most recent awards given under your userbar while your entire collection can be viewed in your award cabinet on your profile. With that being said, once you (I'm using you for an example) received your 11th award, your Kate's Medal of Honor will be bumped off your 10 awards to make space for your 11th. For the staff, it's more cumbersome to keep your desired awards under your userbar because it means we have to PM you asking what awards you want to display, de-award the less desireable award, and finally re-award the desireable award. Note that this must be done every single time someone exceeds 10 awards (and onward) with our current system and the staff and I prefer to keep this under a case-by-case basis. This will continue to happen until we find an IPB app that will allow community members to pick and choose what awards to display themselves or any solution that can fix this.

Thank you for responding. I was feeling neglected, lol

I understand that, but that's not what we were talking about. For example, I no longer have my first/hundredth aaa restock award or the lower post awards. Are we doing it so just the highest ones are awarded? Will the lesser ones be removed from everyone, including our profiles, when they aren't applicable anymore?

#53 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

For now, yes: we are doing it so that just the highest ones are awarded while the lesser ones will be removed from both under the userbar and the profiles once surpassed by the next level (or at least until we find a way for individuals to pick and choose on their own). The main reason is for practicality sake as said before and the others being aesthetic/less clutter and avoiding redundancy. 

#54 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Thanks @Keil for explaining. Basically what he said but also, the app would need modifying before we can allow users to choose which awards to display. We will be re-adding the lower tiered post/attic ones back at a later date when we've released more awards. So rest assured, you haven't lost them forever ;)

#55 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Thanks @Keil for explaining. Basically what he said but also, the app would need modifying before we can allow users to choose which awards to display. We will be re-adding the lower tiered post/attic ones back at a later date when we've released more awards. So rest assured, you haven't lost them forever ;)

Whew. I was about to demand my post count reset so I could go through all of them again in their glory.

#56 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Whew. I was about to demand my post count reset so I could go through all of them again in their glory.

That can be arranged... *rubs hands muhahaha!*

#57 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

Strat's penis, awesome

#58 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Strat's penis, awesome

It really isn't. My pen, on the other hand, is. ;)

#59 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

It really isn't. My pen, on the other hand, is. ;)

Lol on the Blue theme the pencil at first starts writing with uhhh 'white lead'

#60 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Lol on the Blue theme the pencil at first starts writing with uhhh 'white lead'

Lol! I switched just to see this.

#61 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Oh damn that shit. Its just a couple of pixels I forgot to erase around the black. I might lighten the *pencil lead* colour to more of a grey so it shows up better on both themes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users