Quantcast

Photo

New Awards System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

and it would eliminate some of my original concerns about how the userbar is awarded.

That too, it would open the door to more opportunities to earn them.
Different tiers with a few easier levels and 1-2 difficult ones and they could be permanent instead of temporary.

#27 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

That too, it would open the door to more opportunities to earn them.
Different tiers with a few easier levels and 1-2 difficult ones and they could be permanent instead of temporary.

Yup, we could have all sorts of awards pertaining to SOTW participation, winners, repeat winners, etc.

#28 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Well, you still need 500 posts to price the db as far as I know, so hopefully who's been around for that long would know better than to do that.

...that might be expecting too much.

Well, since most people go up for adv+ nomination at ~500, why not push the pricing ability to 750 or 1000?

#29 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Dawe..I liked the SOTW userbar

#30 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Dawe..I liked the SOTW userbar

I know. It's so pretty :( I think we should still use it.

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

So are you suggesting we use both the award and the userbar? That could work but it would be more complicated

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#32 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

So are you suggesting we use both the award and the userbar? That could work but it would be more complicated

It really wouldn't be THAT complicated. Awards could be for how many you've won or placed in. The userbar could be temporary - maybe for like a month or two after you've won it.  I mean, I keep track of all the SOTW winners anyway so....

#33 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Actually, we can have as many usergroups displayed as we want, so for example with Kat again, she could have all 3 bars at the same time. As for whether we use the sotw or motm bars now, will be worked out shortly.

#34 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

But double the work! Someone has to remember to both give and take away a userbar :p

Yeah, which really isn't hard if I'm keeping track of it ;) 

#35 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, which really isn't hard if I'm keeping track of it ;)

I don't think it's really a matter of it being too complicated to keep track of. Using both the userbar and the awards for the same purpose would be redundant, and the awards would be more appropriate in this case. Sure, the userbar is pretty, but that isn't a good reason to keep it.

#36 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

I know. It's so pretty :( I think we should still use it.

I agree that it's really pretty but using it for that reason alone is foolish lol
You guys already know my stance on this and I really think it looks sloppy and disorganized in light of the award system being introduced. 
Userbars should display rank, Awards should display achievements/milestones. 

#37 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

*nod*

Kate is right.

#38 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

I talked to Kate outside of here, and I can see where you guys are coming from. I still think MOTM should be used though.

#39 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

I talked to Kate outside of here, and I can see where you guys are coming from. I still think MOTM should be used though.

I'd be okay with that, personally, not sure about others. It makes a lot more sense than SOTW because it's forum official, would be removed as the next month's winner is crowned and it's something like a temporary rank

#40 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'd be okay with that, personally, not sure about others. It makes a lot more sense than SOTW because it's forum official, would be removed as the next month's winner is crowned and it's something like a temporary rank.

Agreed. MOTM would work well. SOTW, not so much.

#41 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

This award stuff looks pretty nifty...looking forward to seeing it all rolled out. :)

#42 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

What happened to the rest of my awards? Do we only get the award of the highest achievement now?

#43 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

What happened to the rest of my awards? Do we only get the award of the highest achievement now?

I hope so, it looked like a cluttered mess with awards for all levels, imo.

#44 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

I hope so, it looked like a cluttered mess with awards for all levels, imo.

I was under the impression it could be made so only a few were under your profile pic and the rest would show up in your profile under the tab.

#45 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

I was under the impression it could be made so only a few were under your profile pic and the rest would show up in your profile under the tab.

oh i thought you just meant under your profile pic.. i thought we would have them all still on the profile too.. but i've been gone all day so idk whats going on.

#46 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hurray extra epeen!

#47 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Hurray extra epeen!

Right now it's still pretty much testing.

Some of the ones we have planned are nice. As in, they're not all for posting or whatever. I imagine you'll have a fair few bog, once all is said and done.

Watch your epeen grow :p

#48 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

Right now it's still pretty much testing.

Some of the ones we have planned are nice. As in, they're not all for posting or whatever. I imagine you'll have a fair few bog, once all is said and done.

Watch your epeen grow :p

I too, will enjoy seeing Bog's e-peen extend :D

But yeah, as redlion has said, the system is still in the 'design' stage and we are still coming up with various ideas and categories for each set of awards. We will probably look at the forming of a committee idea and get those people who want to help, make the awards and oversee their implementation.

#49 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Yay, new awards! I think they are so cute, especially the animated ones :3 

#50 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

I know I've been lurking quite a bit, but alot of these new changes to Neocodex looks really amazing. Props to the staff team :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users