Photo

New event jackpot - when to sell?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nemecek

Nemecek
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

So I've been hoarding a ton of junk items and low and behold a nice event comes along and sky rockets the price of a Shit ton of junk items.

I haven't been on neopets for a while but my understanding is the event  just started yesterday? When do you guys think is the best time to sell my items to get maximum profit?

#2 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Well looking at all the pieces required for the "weapons" in the events, I would highly suggest start selling around tomorrow afternoonish or so. Get the best profit :)

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

This part of the event started yesterday. I'd go with what @Psyduck said, tomorrow. Now people don't need 5x of one item anymore (it's now limited to 1-3 of one item), so the demand is lowering, and that may bring the prices down a bit. Plus, as more people complete the guns/things, they don't need the junk items anymore, which will also lower prices. 

However, I hope you're prepared to get yelled at by a ton of really angry users on the boards. (not directly but in general, they're yelling at anyone who does this)

Edited by Satsuki, 26 March 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#4 Butterball

Butterball
  • 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I've noticed prices lowering already since this morning, and people are already very angry-- there are people on the boards butthurt over paying 1k for quest items, and I paid 30k this morning-- so you might want to get started soon. My ability to predict trends is very poor though.

#5 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, there's been a bunch of us working to deflate the prices. My bad.

#6 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

Yeah get in early. There's people saturating the market with junk.

#7 Sunak0

Sunak0
  • 64 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

Plus there are some people giving used-to-be junk items away on the boards, including me.

All my shells are now doing Grave Danger, BD, Negg Puzzle, Money Tree Grabbing. It's exhausting (not that I'm doing it but the chaging of accounts, etc. is)

So, get in early, like Tubbz said

Edited by Sunak0, 27 March 2014 - 05:41 AM.

#8 joaupedro1234

joaupedro1234
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Omg ! I need 500 posts to use abrosia :(

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

You can buy advanced membership for $4.99 a month and that gives you the option to alter your settings in abrosia, you can still use it with basic settings as a normal member.

#10 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

You've been bopping 'round to different boards posting nonsensical things... what gives man?

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

You've been bopping 'round to different boards posting nonsensical things... what gives man?

Trying to get the 10 posts for TP access, maybe? Or they just like spamming or they don't know where to post certain things. 

Edited by Satsuki, 02 April 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#12 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Trying to get the 10 posts for TP access, maybe? Or they just like spamming or they don't know where to post certain things. 

Yeah he posted "It'll all be okay.." in another board and it had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. Isn't the point to have 10 QUALITY posts so that people will see you're somewhat intelligent by your forum posts and want to trade with you?

#13 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Yeah he posted "It'll all be okay.." in another board and it had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. Isn't the point to have 10 QUALITY posts so that people will see you're somewhat intelligent by your forum posts and want to trade with you?

10 non-spam posts. If the mods decide that he's spamming, they'll remove the posts they deem to be spam. For me, quality is a factor in me deciding if I trade. (I don't know about others though. I'd like to think that it's a yes for them too). 

Back on topic: The new daily is causing item inflation again. Sell your items now. I head stagnant puddle of water is up to around 50k . 

Edited by Satsuki, 02 April 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#14 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

I paid 45k the other day for a stagnant puddle.. most annoying thing ever. 

#15 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Stag puddles are at 60k+ at the mo.

#16 Floofy

Floofy
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Does anyone have a list of the items that are being inflated? (so we can all check our SDBs :p )

From the boards it seems these items are popping up (I tried to list in order of most inflated to least)

Shoyru Glider (someone said this was a scam buy up though?)
Stagnant puddle of water

Landfish

Yellow Growth

... list more!

#17 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Shoyru Gliders back to 2,100 NP on the wiz.. seemed to be false inflation.. they were at 20-25k yesterday. 

Yellow Growth still at a nice 10-15k

Stagnant puddles have deflated to ~30-40k

Landfish 10-15k

(I use such wide ranges because the prices on these things swing by the hour..)

I'd be selling stockpiled items YESTERDAY because I think after the initial die down of the newness of the coincidence, the prices of the items will fall.. after all they are generated in Neopets via dailies by the hundreds of thousands every day.. 

#18 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'd be selling stockpiled items YESTERDAY because I think after the initial die down of the newness of the coincidence, the prices of the items will fall.. after all they are generated in Neopets via dailies by the hundreds of thousands every day.. 

I said I was gonna join the re sellers but I really couldn't be fudged, also because I was too late anyway  :p

I agree, prices will deflate along with the interest in the event. It's just going to become another daily...with dud results so far (for me, anyway).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users