• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

I've been watching tv and I've noticed that there are like 30 billion different sites to find hotel rooms it's crazy. I'm planning a Vegas trip in early May does anyone have any tips or places to find hotel rooms?

#2 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

NOT Orbitz

http://online.wsj.co...2667325882.html

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Hotels.com

#4 Floofy

Floofy
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Ooh Vegas hotels are fun.  Maybe you should splurge and get a room in one of the fancy ones!  Though hotels in Vegas are usually relatively cheap because they make their money with the gambling.  I usually use trip advisor for the reviews and one of those price finder sites like Trivago.

#5 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Expedia?

#6 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just a tip... browse Incognito or clear your cookies after each time you visit those sites.. some of them will increase the price of the hotel/flight if you visit it twice in a certain time period. They use a tracking cookie to up the price because you didn't nab it early...

#7 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Just a tip... browse Incognito or clear your cookies after each time you visit those sites.. some of them will increase the price of the hotel/flight if you visit it twice in a certain time period. They use a tracking cookie to up the price because you didn't nab it early...

Wow what a rip off!  :o

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

Wow what a rip off!  :o

Airline sites do the same.

#9 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

Airline sites do the same.

Thanks for the heads up.

I know airline sites refused to give my sister's kids (both under two) their so called "free seats" unless an adult was holding them in their lap. So really you still had to pay for another adult ticket anyway.

#10 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

Im pretty sure they never gave children under 2 free SEATS.  They can be flown for free BECAUSE they don't take up a seat, and can be held on the parents lap for the duration of the flight.

As for hotel bookings, I use www.wotif.com for MOST of my bookings, but I generally make a phone call to the hotel I decided on to see if they can give me a better deal then the one I've found on the booking.  Sometimes they will give you an even cheaper price, especially if there's another similar hotel for a similar range and you tell them you have considered contacting them for a room but really wouldn't mind giving them a chance at your business.  Most concierges have the ability to reduce rates in order to retain customers.

#11 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Im pretty sure they never gave children under 2 free SEATS.  They can be flown for free BECAUSE they don't take up a seat, and can be held on the parents lap for the duration of the flight.

I know I'm just saying that she has the ability to quietly sit in a seat on her own and they still want an adult with her, you know?

Anyway my input doesn't help Mishelle whatsoever, good luck with hotel searching and have fun on your trip. Oh and be safe.

#12 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Use tripadvisor to find the best hotels.

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

I know I'm just saying that she has the ability to quietly sit in a seat on her own and they still want an adult with her, you know?

Whooooo would try to send a two year old on a plane alone?

#14 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Whooooo would try to send a two year old on a plane alone?

You can't even IF you wanted to. There needs to be another paying adult holding the child.

I was just pointing out money grabbing tactics.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

You can't even IF you wanted to. There needs to be another paying adult holding the child.

I was just pointing out money grabbing tactics.

I don't think that requiring infant children to be accompanied is a money-grabbing tactic...

#16 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

You misunderstood what I meant. Like I said it doesn't matter in this case as Mishelle did not ask about travelling with children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users