Contest Suggestions

contests suggestions ideas

159 replies to this topic

#51 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Great Barrier Reef. Opera house. Big fucking beaches. Big fucking bridges. Nature. Scary ass animals. Crocodiles. Kangaroos.

@Strategist don't you guys also have crazy huge spiders too? 

I guess Frizzle had it covered with scary ass animals though :p

#52 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Aaaaand I live nowhere near any of those things.... :(

#53 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

Aaaaand I live nowhere near any of those things.... :(

I live in suburbia Illinois USA, the coolest animals we have here are skunks blegh. 

#54 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

I have a suggestion for a fun "Around The House" Scavenger Hunt that could be hosted on TC. Pick a date - give people enough time to sign-up if they want.

The person in charge would pick random objects from "around the house" and everyone would have ~10 mins or so to find the object and report back to TC showing they have it. (if they didn't want to show their face they would just point their cam at the desk with a sign of their codex name).

I would donate 5m for prizes.

I think it would be a fun interaction for people and maybe newer members who are shy can have a reason to say hi on TC?

@Emily @Kate @Ivysaur @Nymh 

#55 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

I have a suggestion for a fun "Around The House" Scavenger Hunt that could be hosted on TC. Pick a date - give people enough time to sign-up if they want.

The person in charge would pick random objects from "around the house" and everyone would have ~10 mins or so to find the object and report back to TC showing they have it. (if they didn't want to show their face they would just point their cam at the desk with a sign of their codex name).

I would donate 5m for prizes.

I think it would be a fun interaction for people and maybe newer members who are shy can have a reason to say hi on TC?

@Emily @Kate @Ivysaur @Nymh 

We've done this like twice a year since I joined :p The last few were hosted by @Scot and before that @Nymh and @Scot I believe. :p
I think there was mention of another one soon, so when that is sorted out, one of us will contact you to see if you want to help out or still donate a prize!

#56 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, I think @Nymh is going to host one :) Probably not for a few weeks at least though :p

#57 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

We've done this like twice a year since I joined :p The last few were hosted by @Scot and before that @Nymh and @Scot I believe. :p
I think there was mention of another one soon, so when that is sorted out, one of us will contact you to see if you want to help out or still donate a prize!

Yeah, I think @Nymh is going to host one :) Probably not for a few weeks at least though :p

Awesome! Yea I've got nps just sitting here waiting to be given away :D

#58 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

Indeed, I planned to host one big one and several small ones this summer :whistling:  But not until after the move, most likely.

#59 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Indeed, I planned to host one big one and several small ones this summer :whistling:  But not until after the move, most likely.

I always love the competitiveness that comes out in the scav hunts :p BRING IT!

#60 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

I failed miserably in the last one :(

#61 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

This sounds so exciting! I'll be moving apartment so it'll be interesting if I'd even have enough stuff to join! 

I really hope I can join :p 

#62 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

When I was searching old threads I found a AB-ing competition that looked like fun. Unfortunately at that time there wasn't enough interest to continue it. Can I open a poll to see if people would like to do a AB-ing competition?

#63 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

When I was searching old threads I found a AB-ing competition that looked like fun. Unfortunately at that time there wasn't enough interest to continue it. Can I open a poll to see if people would like to do a AB-ing competition?

Would this be like who can ab the most expensive item? sounds like freeze city to me.

#64 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Would this be like who can ab the most expensive item? sounds like freeze city to me.

http://www.neocodex....ing-of-the-hill

#65 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

Indeed, I planned to host one big one and several small ones this summer :whistling: But not until after the move, most likely.

HEY @Nymh

#66 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:25 AM

NEOCODEX IDOL!

#67 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

NEOCODEX IDOL!

YESSSSSSS!!!

#68 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

YESSSSSSS!!!

SECOND/THIRD!!

With Poodleprizes please :lol2:

#69 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

I have a suggestion for the organization of the 'General Contests' forum.

From time to time i like to go and check out the open contests, to see where i can participate. I usually just want to take a quick look, which often i find it turns into thorough read, as i filter through all of the topics making sure i haven't missed anything. bleh. Here is my suggestion-

Since each contest usually has 3 topics made to its name (Subject, Voting and Results), it could make the search for a contest slightly easier if there were focus points for the eye. For Example- 'Caption Contest #1' would be the initial subject. As time progressed this contest would become 'Voting: Caption Contest #1' and then 'Results: Caption Contest #1'. Now when i come to search for a particular contest, i read whether it is a voting/result/topic thread first and i can mentally block out any of those to make my search easier.

^^ that is all. Thoughts?

#70 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

I have a suggestion for the organization of the 'General Contests' forum.

From time to time i like to go and check out the open contests, to see where i can participate. I usually just want to take a quick look, which often i find it turns into thorough read, as i filter through all of the topics making sure i haven't missed anything. bleh. Here is my suggestion-

Since each contest usually has 3 topics made to its name (Subject, Voting and Results), it could make the search for a contest slightly easier if there were focus points for the eye. For Example- 'Caption Contest #1' would be the initial subject. As time progressed this contest would become 'Voting: Caption Contest #1' and then 'Results: Caption Contest #1'. Now when i come to search for a particular contest, i read whether it is a voting/result/topic thread first and i can mentally block out any of those to make my search easier.

^^ that is all. Thoughts?

It may be easier if people just used prefix tags. I'll add a section on how to do that to the Running a Contest guide once I get home from work/class.

#71 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Mad Libs?

Host picks a story and makes a list of the required words. Participants send in their completed list of the required words and we vote on the funniest mad lib?? Thoughts?

#72 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Mad Libs?

Host picks a story and makes a list of the required words. Participants send in their completed list of the required words and we vote on the funniest mad lib?? Thoughts?

I've done this elsewhere and it can turn out quite funny indeed :)

#73 baswick

baswick
  • 313 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:59 PM

Mad Libs?

I like...

as well as other writing ideas. One technique I learned in one of my writing classes, (not sure which, but I'll take a stab at it and guess it was one of the Creative Writing classes that I've taken.) but you look up random paintings and drawings. Once you've found something that you believe you can work with, write a short story about the scene that's depicted as well as a back story even and maybe a little about what's soon to happen.

Another writing contest that would involve writing ( I love to write) is, maybe something that's happened to you when you were younger or recently that was either different,unexpected, or awesome. Needs to include humor. *I have yet to skim through and read all the rules on here, and I know this isn't anything like another place that I enjoy checking out daily. But I already have an a story for this suggestion ^^, but I'm not sure if it's SFW, it kind of is. I searched the forum and the subject has been brought up, but there are no dedicated threads for stories of this subject. I can go into more detail ( if you'd like to PM ask a few questions), and if this is something that might be interesting and stands a chance of giving it a go and seeing how things turn out.

Edited by baswick, 24 September 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#74 Halcyon

Halcyon
  • 59 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

NEOCODEX IDOL!

Someone make this happen!

And perhaps Neocodex's Next Top Model lol

#75 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

Someone make this happen!

And perhaps Neocodex's Next Top Model lol

I think Codex Idol would be fabulous!

We already have a "Hottest Codex Member" Contest so a model one I dont think would be neccessary.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contests, suggestions, ideas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users