• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

So, yesterday I bought a lifting belt because I recently screwed up my lower back/lower right lat while bending over for shrugs and the days that followed I was absolutely pathetic not being able to bend over normally.

I'm currently wearing the lifting belt while at the computer just to break it in per se and I realize I slouch A LOT at my computer. I don't slouch or have bad posture while walking around, but sitting is a completely different story for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that now that I've realized this I really need to make an effort to not be a sloth at the computer.

Anyone have have a similar problem? Solutions or tips are nice as well.

#2 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

YOU'RE WATCHING ME SLOUCH RIGHT NOW

#3 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

YOU'RE WATCHING ME SLOUCH RIGHT NOW

#4 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

I slouch :( I try not to, and I try to have good posture but..... It's definitely something I need to work on.

The chiropractor told me instead of trying to straighten your back like... Idk how you'd think you should(?), you should rotate your hips forward/down and it straightens you naturally without straining your back or whatever. So I try to do that when I remember.

Edited by kaashmoney, 05 May 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#5 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

Nope, I've got fairly good posture. I end up with quite severe back pain quite quickly if I slouch so I'm usually very aware of it and do a fair bit of yoga and pilates to help.

As soon as I have a bad day at work and tense up and get all hunched at my desk, I can feel the difference to me within hours.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

I heard slouching is actually good for your back if you do it the right way, science said so.

#7 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

Get a medical corset!

#8 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

I slouch.  Even when playing my instrument I slouch.  I just find it too demanding to sit upright. D:

#9 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Yep I slouch.

I heard slouching is actually good for your back if you do it the right way, science said so.

Curious about this. :p

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

I've also heard that not sucking your belly in is good for your uterus if you've already started prolapse.

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Curious about this. :p

SCIENCE!

#12 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

I'm a total sloucher, to the point that trying to straighten my back can get uncomfortable. 

#13 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

I'm pretty aware of my posture, so I try to be as straight-backed as possible.

#14 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

I slouch because things are heavy.

#15 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

I slouch because things are heavy.

i feel your pain. all the things are heavy. 

#16 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

So, yesterday I bought a lifting belt because I recently screwed up my lower back/lower right lat while bending over for shrugs and the days that followed I was absolutely pathetic not being able to bend over normally.

I fucking hate doing shrugs. Anything that has the chance of ruining my back i try and stay away from.

I had a really bad experience trying to top my power clean weight.

Never. Again.

#17 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

Ah cool, that's sitting back though so I can be ok with that just gotta get myself a new chair.

#18 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

i slouch because i'm lazy.

My slouching is very unconcious and probably very bad for me. But when I have to sit up like in my high school concerts, I had to sit up straight up. Back then it made me realize how much bad a posture I had when the range of movement from normal slouching form to erect (haha) posture is quite noticeable.

#19 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

My slouching is very unconcious and probably very bad for me. But when I have to sit up like in my high school concerts, I had to sit up straight up. Back then it made me realize how much bad a posture I had when the range of movement from normal slouching form to erect (haha) posture is quite noticeable.

you said erect hahahahaahahah :p

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Edited by Satsuki, 05 May 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#21 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

yea, i slouch a looottt.. how can somebody has a perfect posture is beyond me...

#22 krigz

krigz
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I do, but I blame my chair and the table I use. 

#23 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

yea, i slouch a looottt.. how can somebody has a perfect posture is beyond me...

Have you have you not had a pompous nanny with a whipping ruler who forced you to walk across a balance beam while balancing a stack of books on your head? Mine made me balance Ayn Rand books :(

#24 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Have you have you not had a pompous nanny with a whipping ruler who forced you to walk across a balance beam while balancing a stack of books on your head? Mine made me balance Ayn Rand books :(

not sure if you're joking or not, but I distinctly remember my mom making me and my brother balance books on our heads when we were little to improve our posture. 

didn't work. 

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:32 AM

My head is really heavy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slouch, badposture, igotyourback, sloth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users