Finished You.

Tempted to read Go Set a Watchman, but I've heard bad things

#277 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

Found three goodies at the local library again.

Currently reading "Night of the Living Trekkies" by Anderson & Stall. Simple, a bit corny, but fun and am loving it so far.

Then have "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" by Austin & Smith in eager anticipation of the upcoming movie. Been wanting to read this for awhile now, but only after seeing some pics from the movie have I nudged myself into actually finally getting around to it.
Lastly: "William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope" by Doescher because why not? :p

#278 Crabcake2496

Crabcake2496
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

I'm rereading Harry Potter for the 8th time :)

#279 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

Just finished The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

#280 tmack1337

tmack1337
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

I'm on the last few chapters of The Hydrogen Sonata by Ian Banks. It's definitely a more challenging read than other sci-fi space opera type books I've read due to some of the scientific concepts in it, but I highly recommend it to anyone into this genre! And being a cellist, it was definitely fun trying to picture a humanoid with 4 arms playing a challenging atonal piece on a giant string instrument with a lot of strings...especially since the book says the user sits inside the instrument while playing it! :lol2:

#281 Sehunie

Sehunie
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:27 AM

I finished Mockingjay and the end is so satisfying! Exactly like I wanted it, except some unexpected deaths, no spoilers.  :wub:

#282 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:32 AM

Terry Pratchetts "Raising Steam"

http://www.terryprat.../raising-steam/

raising_steam1.jpg

I have all the discworld books and so far this is ok.  Not his 100% best but up there with the good uns.

Edited by Bones, 20 July 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#283 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Today I started (and finished) Joyland, by Stephen King. I was gonna but The Dark Tower to read in the car trip, but it was sold out, and I saw that book and got interested. Simply amazing.
It's beautiful, mysterious, almost made me cry twice :p definitely recommend it!

#284 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides

#285 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King

#286 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

Reading a baby bargains book which is actually a lot more interesting than it sounds.

#287 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:54 PM

6x9MnOx.jpg

#288 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

Currently: Third reread of Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss; Models by Mark Manson; Kinowear Bible/The Style Guide for Modern Men by Geoffrey Bruyere and Benoit Wojtenka.

#289 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

the longest ride - Nicholas Spark

i found it on my kindle and i dont know why 

#290 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Just finished Sharp Objects, which was really great. Such a slick, enticing thriller. I'm onto The Ruins now, a horror novel. Never read horror before, but I'm a big fan of the film adaptation of this book, so I'm excited to see it in print.

#291 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

Just finished Sharp Objects, which was really great. Such a slick, enticing thriller. I'm onto The Ruins now, a horror novel. Never read horror before, but I'm a big fan of the film adaptation of this book, so I'm excited to see it in print.

Ahh, Sharp Objects. I didn't really like that one much lol. I liked Dark Places a lot more. 

Also trying to decide between All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr or The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant. 

#292 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

Ahh, Sharp Objects. I didn't really like that one much lol. I liked Dark Places a lot more. 

Also trying to decide between All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr or The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant.

My mom is reading All the Light, lol. I have no idea what it's about though.

I'm reading Tree of Smoke, as well as some short fiction from a 2014 collection.

#293 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

My mom is reading All the Light, lol. I have no idea what it's about though.

I'm reading Tree of Smoke, as well as some short fiction from a 2014 collection.

Takes place during WWII in occupied France, according to the description. A German guy and a French girl. Doesn't seem bad. I'm just a picky reader. I like dark fiction mostly so I dunno. 

#294 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

I'm so so so stoked to read Dark Places - the synopsis has me dying to get ahold of the book as soon as I'm back in the states. What made you dislike Sharp Objects? I can definitely see where it could cause some disconnect for readers - mainly with the self harm. I guess I just connected with Camille - I'm pretty easily influenced by the things my younger sister gets involved in.

#295 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

I'm so so so stoked to read Dark Places - the synopsis has me dying to get ahold of the book as soon as I'm back in the states. What made you dislike Sharp Objects? I can definitely see where it could cause some disconnect for readers - mainly with the self harm. I guess I just connected with Camille - I'm pretty easily influenced by the things my younger sister gets involved in.

I could connect with the characters. I just thought it was boring. I don't know, just went on too long for me :p

#296 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King

I'm on page ~100 and I'm so confused about what's going on. But for some weird reason, I don't want to stop reading, as it usually happens when I'm confused.

#297 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

6x9MnOx.jpg

Just finished Murder on the Orient Express a few days back. The lady is queen of crime for a reason.

#298 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Just finished Murder on the Orient Express a few days back. The lady is queen of crime for a reason.

I hate that book. I had to read it in school, it has too many details f.f

#299 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

I hate that book. I had to read it in school, it has too many details f.f

:< I loved it.The details were fun for me. On a related note to what you've been posting, I think we have very different taste in books because I'm one of the rare few people who doesn't enjoy Stephen King. I admit that they are very hard to put down but I've been very unsatisfied by how he ended things several times.

#300 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

:< I loved it.The details were fun for me. On a related note to what you've been posting, I think we have very different taste in books because I'm one of the rare few people who doesn't enjoy Stephen King. I admit that they are very hard to put down but I've been very unsatisfied by how he ended things several times.

I like action, and when there are too many useless details, I get bored :p but it could be the fact that we were forced to read Agatha Christie, so we all hate her xD
I like him, but not that much. I've only read 2 of his books :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users