• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#201 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

I am currently reading the websites of half a dozen ethnogen vendors, trying to find a single website that will sell me both ayahuasca ingredients.

It looks like they've split up the retailing of it into websites that either only sell b. caapi or p. virilis, but not both from the same place. Must be a liability concern. You get to one website's offerings (and they all have similar websites) and it'll look like this:
Spoiler

But when you click on the active ingredient, you get this:
Spoiler

If you're following, that was the one that let you select how much you wanted, what preparation you wanted, etc. And then they tell you they don't carry it.

#202 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

I've read books before with a bunch of different characters and story lines going on, so it's not hard for me to manage it. It's just maybe I'm not in the mood to read so I can't get into it. That and I know most of what is going to happen from the show.

I have yet to see the show.. I watched the last episode with my bf and got a bit curious, is it really that good?

#203 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

Just finished the first book of Amulet.

Picked it up at a small local book store along with The Hobbit and the first of the Earthsea series.

#204 Chestnut

Chestnut
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

In preperation for Mockinjay pt. 2, I'm rereading The Hunger Games series.

#205 untouchablexx

untouchablexx
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

Fell, by David Clement-Davies. The Sight was the book before this and it was amazing.

#206 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

In preperation for Mockinjay pt. 2, I'm rereading The Hunger Games series.

Nice!

I enjoy going to see movies of books that I haven't read in awhile. I've forgotten just enough that the movie plot is exciting and deviations from the book forgivable. For example, when I sent to see Catching Fire, I had forgotten the clock thing so refiguring that out was exciting. 

#207 higurashi

higurashi
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

Im reading The Long Walk by Stephen King  :reaper:

#208 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

I never read as I hate books rofl. I'm reading this forum, though :p

#209 driz

driz
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

I recently read Ready Player One, then reread For The Win. Both are gaming-based books and pretty entertaining.

#210 Antares

Antares
  • 46 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

I'm currently reading a series named "Fableheaven". Does anyone know it? It's really good!

#211 MariliisR

MariliisR
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

I am currently reading fanfiction O_o

Harry Potter fanfiction to be precise :D

I just finished a book by Martina Cole last week named The Family.

#212 gideao

gideao
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

I'm reading "Rich Dad Poor Dad", it's about economics and the business world. If u want to turn entrepreneur one day, I recommend this book, simple language. :rolleyes: ;)

#213 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

I'm still working my way through Lord of the Rings. I'm in the middle of the second book, and man, I enjoyed the movies but the books are really bringing it home.

#214 clim

clim
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

The Story and Its Writer: An Introduction to Short Stories.

It's technically a textbook, but it's like 1.8k pages of nicely compiled short stories so I actually read it on and off in my spare time. 

#215 seadream454

seadream454
  • 44 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

Game of Thrones since I haven't read in awhile and I felt like reading the book before actually watching the show. It's pretty interesting so far.

#216 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

Game of Thrones since I haven't read in awhile and I felt like reading the book before actually watching the show. It's pretty interesting so far.

I was going to ask how it compared to the show, but you haven't watched any of the series yet? 

#217 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

0807871516.jpg

#218 stormcloak

stormcloak
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

I haven't read any fiction recently, but I have been reading science news on ScienceDaily  :lol2:

#219 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:50 PM

I somehow couldn't find this thread earlier, so I'm moving my post! (I apparently fail at the search bar or something. Hmm.)

I just picked up Dead Ice by Laurel K Hamilton. She writes a vampire hunter series that I used to love. The books got SO BAD over time, trading fighting for more sex, but the last one I felt was a nice return to guns blazing. I'm about 5 chapters in (she writes short chapters) and so far it's been all death and no dicks, which I appreciate.

I just finished reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed. The movie looked like it would be interesting so I reserved the book. It took a long time to come in though, and by that time I'd come back from my own hiking trip on AT and felt I really got to enjoy the book that much more for actually experiencing some of the backpacking beforehand. My mom also recently passed away so it was poignant in that respect. All in all I loved the book.

I just learned that A Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson, is also getting turned into a movie, so I've reserved that book and I'll hopefully get that one after I finish with Dead Ice!

#220 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:18 PM

I just started reading Pines. If you've ever heard of the TV show Wayward Pines, its the books, based on that TV series. It's interesting to say the least, but I'm excited to pick up the next two books when I'm done.

#221 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:09 AM

I just finished Order of the Phoenix and I disappointed all my Harry potter loving peers by taking this long. I have something called "the careful use of compliments" which has a cool title but the gist of what I'm getting from it so far is kind of dull

#222 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

Currently reading The Blood of Olympus, enjoying it so far.  :wub:

#223 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

all quiet on the western front

it makes me feel so many emotions. it's a must read imo, we can never forget the horrors of ww1/ww2

#224 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:58 AM

I just finished Order of the Phoenix and I disappointed all my Harry potter loving peers by taking this long. I have something called "the careful use of compliments" which has a cool title but the gist of what I'm getting from it so far is kind of dull

But I am sure you know how all the books end, right?

#225 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:03 AM

But I am sure you know how all the books end, right?

Yea, I even read the last one before the 5th so I know what happens. I also watched almost all the movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users