Quantcast

Photo

How I Met Your Mother shouldn't be gone!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

It's been 55 days since the last episode. I miss it so much :( It was the only thing that could make my Monday a good day... Am I the only one that feels that bad?

#2 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Nope. :p

oh man i'm so glad that show is gone

ZIMBABWE

#3 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

I need to get over the finale first to actually miss the show and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

#4 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

Nope. :p

oh man i'm so glad that show is gone

ZIMBABWE

There will always be shitty sitcoms. It's one of the few constants in life.

zimbabwe.jpg

#5 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

There will always be shitty sitcoms. It's one of the few constants in life.

zimbabwe.jpg

:rofl:  My absolute favorite one of those ever!

I guess what I really hated about it (besides the whole cheesy sitcom thing) was that the one of the few women on the show played a dumb blonde. Yeah thanks! Lol.

#6 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

well once How i met your mother end, i actually went back to watch friends. =]

rewatching community now.

but how do you guys feel about HIMYM ending?

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

I hated the fact that it wasn't funny.

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

I kinda knew that the finale was gonna be sad. The difference of HIMYM is that they are not only comedy, they are also serious some times.

When I saw the finale I hated it at first, but after reading some comments about it, I feel less angry.

I don't know if you know, but they won't make How I Met Your Dad anymore...

#9 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

I kinda knew that the finale was gonna be sad. The difference of HIMYM is that they are not only comedy, they are also serious some times.

When I saw the finale I hated it at first, but after reading some comments about it, I feel less angry.

I don't know if you know, but they won't make How I Met Your Dad anymore...

they not making it anymore ?? ahh. was looking forward to it.

hmmm well i kinda guessed the ending with all the clues they dropped . but just pretty miffed the whole season 9 is about a wedding and not much closure for the rest of the characters, like they rushed it.. i wouldnt mind if it went season ten hahah

btw.. watch the office!

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

they not making it anymore ?? ahh. was looking forward to it.

hmmm well i kinda guessed the ending with all the clues they dropped . but just pretty miffed the whole season 9 is about a wedding and not much closure for the rest of the characters, like they rushed it.. i wouldnt mind if it went season ten hahah

btw.. watch the office!

I totally agree. I would love another season :'(

I might watch it. I also have to watch orange is the new black and finish game of thrones, I need a lot of time hahaha

#11 Amanda43

Amanda43
  • 36 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

I need to get over the finale first to actually miss the show and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Agreed...It really ticked me off and felt like I had wasted my time watching all 9 seasons. The finale sucked.

#12 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:24 AM

Ending sucked.

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

It jumped the shark years ago, I have no idea how they managed to stretch it out for so long...

#14 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

To be fair so did community and I'm surprised that got to a fifth season!

I think HIMYM did so well was it was a modern version of Friends.

#15 Panthro

Panthro
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

It jumped the shark years ago, I have no idea how they managed to stretch it out for so long...

Agree with this. Forced myself to watch the first couple of episodes since it was the last season. Couldn't do it anymore and gave up. 

Heard they're making a spin off from the Mothers side?

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

To be fair so did community and I'm surprised that got to a fifth season!

I think HIMYM did so well was it was a modern version of Friends.

I think Community got that far because it was a bit quirky and different but it was always doomed with such low viewing figures. I thought the same would happen with Big Bang Theory after the first series but it got traction from somewhere and the viewing figures doubled after the first couple of series, not sure why.

I think your comparison with Friends is pretty apt but the characters and the writing just weren't as good as Friends. :/ All they had was the 'will they? won't they?' with Ted and Robin, Barney sleeping around and then the two boring ones. The whole connection with the title just ended up being a complete waste of time imo, I didn't care how he met their mother after the first series and it just became irrelevant until right near the end.

#17 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

I think Community got that far because it was a bit quirky and different but it was always doomed with such low viewing figures. I thought the same would happen with Big Bang Theory after the first series but it got traction from somewhere and the viewing figures doubled after the first couple of series, not sure why.

I think your comparison with Friends is pretty apt but the characters and the writing just weren't as good as Friends. :/ All they had was the 'will they? won't they?' with Ted and Robin, Barney sleeping around and then the two boring ones. The whole connection with the title just ended up being a complete waste of time imo, I didn't care how he met their mother after the first series and it just became irrelevant until right near the end.

well said. i got to agree, HYIMY over did their flash back and stuff at times. the characters change in later season seems to rushed at times, as to trying to fit the story. 

actually i heard the writers already had the ending in mind when season one started. i mean look at the kids in the final episode. they did not change at all, got to say the story kinda spiral out of what they want it to be at times haha=]

but i missed some of their episodes, they were really funny..

i still like The office season 5 episode 13 more =]

#18 Freinity

Freinity
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

This. I wish I hadn't watched it because it's kind of ruined the rest of the series for me. I can't even rewatch some of my favorite episodes from past seasons because I can't un-forget the finale.

#19 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

The writers ruined the last season of HIMYM, they need to make an extra season with the original format to fix it. Just have Ted tell his kids that he got the story wrong.

#20 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

actually i heard the writers already had the ending in mind when season one started. i mean look at the kids in the final episode. they did not change at all, got to say the story kinda spiral out of what they want it to be at times haha=]

They had to film the kids' reaction early on because they worried they would both have aged too much over 9 seasons, they're both in their mid 20s now.

#21 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

To be fair it's not like shows have used people in their mid 20s to portray teenagers.

#22 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

I hated the ending. I'm still angry about it, but I just recently forgave it enough to watch reruns. 

#23 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

I never understood why they spent the WHOLE last season on Barney and Robin's wedding, when they end up divorced

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

To be fair it's not like shows have used people in their mid 20s to portray teenagers.

It wouldn't really work when that conversation with the kids is seemingly all meant to be taking place either in one conversation or in a short period of time rather than the character plots which are spread over several years. Only Tom Hanks ages that quickly. :p

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

I'd thought they could just make a joke out of it.

"c'mon dad, this storey feels like it's been going on for 10 years!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users