Favorite Anime(s)?

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#176 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

I just started watching one punch man on netflix, has anybody mentioned it yet?? im enjoying it

I've seen it lol

it's pretty funny tbh. genos is the only reason I watched it tho

#177 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

One Punch Man owns bones

#178 gyro

gyro
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

jojojojojojojojojojojojo

did i mention jojo?

but seriously.. hxh has already been recommended so thats good.. haikyuu is p okay but i prefer kuroko no basuke. boku no hero academia & opm have been p nice from recent ones. gintama & durarara are always a good choice too.

and one slightly less well-known anime i really love is natsume yuujinchou. main character is voiced by the ever-famous kamiya hiroshi if that convinces anyone, but it's a really sweet & relaxing anime, i like watching it to unwind.#

also jojo

#179 mechadad

mechadad
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

I'm a bit of a romcom maniac myself, but I try to branch out a little when I'm feeling adventurous. My favorites thus far-

My Bride is a Mermaid

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time

Kamisama Kiss

SAO

Fruits Basket

School Rumble

Top favorites-

Samurai Champloo

Detective Conan/Case Closed
Space Dandy (all-time favorite; I'm a huuuuge fan of Shinichirō Watanabe's work)

I'm currently watching Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls for the first time and rewatching InuYasha for like the 80th time :bag:

#180 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

I'm a bit of a romcom maniac myself, but I try to branch out a little when I'm feeling adventurous. My favorites thus far-

My Bride is a Mermaid

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time

Kamisama Kiss

SAO

Fruits Basket

School Rumble

Top favorites-

Samurai Champloo

Detective Conan/Case Closed
Space Dandy (all-time favorite; I'm a huuuuge fan of Shinichirō Watanabe's work)

I'm currently watching Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls for the first time and rewatching InuYasha for like the 80th time :bag:

Fruits Basket was the first anime I've ever watched. (okay I'm excluding pokemon)

Aw it was so sweet, and I kind of want to rewatch it now.

I've also seen Kamisama Kiss! I looove Tomoe.. and lmao I love Kurama too.

#181 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Once Punch Man.  Does Samurai Jack count?

#182 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

Once Punch Man. Does Samurai Jack count?

No. Western animation does not count.

#183 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

*anime definition triggered*

#184 Massacrador

Massacrador
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

Sword art online!!

Pokemon

Death Note

Fullmetal Alchemist

Inuyasha

Naruto

Kenichi

:wub:

#185 salmonfisher

salmonfisher
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

I like Attack on Titan:)

#186 neobella18

neobella18
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

sailor moon

#187 bwoke

bwoke
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

Finished Death Note, and One Punch Man (from netflix)...I'm really starting to get in this anniemay. One Punch was far better, not a lot of action in Deathnote since all the dude does is write stuff in his notebook. You guys know any other short anniemays?

#188 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

Finished Death Note, and One Punch Man (from netflix)...I'm really starting to get in this anniemay. One Punch was far better, not a lot of action in Deathnote since all the dude does is write stuff in his notebook. You guys know any other short anniemays?

Dragon Maid.

#189 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

That seems a little restrictive  According to webster's

Definition of anime
  1. :  a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

#190 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

That seems a little restrictive  According to webster's
Definition of anime

• :  a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

Yeah, but I don't care what some Webster has to say.

#191 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

Daniel Webster could beat the Devil in a Court of Law,  have you ever beaten the Devil in a Court of Law?      Otherwise I'll stick to his opinion.

#192 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

currently watching:

boku no hero academia
boruto
fate/apocrypha
kakegurui
... plus a few ongoing slice of life animes

my fav atm is kakegurui tho. it's insanely good! :heart:

#193 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

currently watching:

boku no hero academia
boruto
fate/apocrypha
kakegurui
... plus a few ongoing slice of life animes

my fav atm is kakegurui tho. it's insanely good! :heart:

God I read that as Boku no Pico and almost had a heart attack.

#194 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA IS THE BOMB. For real, go watch it. The animation is amazing and the story is really good. I relate to Deku on a really deep level.

#195 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:25 AM

Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica!

#196 redspiderlily

redspiderlily
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Golly, it's been a while since I've actually sat and watches an anime...

PMMM is up there for me too, haha. Been wondering about watching Boku no Hero Academia since I've seen it around a lot, but to actually take the time out to sit and watch it....... I can never keep up with doing that nowadays, hahhh. I actually. Kind of forget what other shows I liked. Oops.

#197 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica!

Is this the same as Puella Magi?  I haven't watched too much of it but the magic scenes in that show are CRAZY

#198 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:45 PM

Is this the same as Puella Magi? I haven't watched too much of it but the magic scenes in that show are CRAZY

Yeah it is. Puella Magi are just fancier words.

---------

Kizumonogatari is amazing if you like 10 minute scenes about fondling a friend's gigantic breasts to gain the courage to fight a vampire hunter.

#199 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

Kizumonogatari is amazing if you like 10 minute scenes about fondling a friend's gigantic breasts to gain the courage to fight a vampire hunter.

Is there any other way to fight a vampire hunter?

I've only ever indulged into anime twice, unless you count the shit that was on TV like Shaman King, which they'd show every day at the same time, then stop 3/4 of the way through the show so you never got to see the end.

Tokyo Ghoul - was decent but left a lot to be desired. I feel like they coulda done so much more with it, the story progression was way too fast. Supposedly the 3rd season was delayed because they didn't have enough content, yeah no shit you kinda blew your load pretty quick there.

Hitman Reborn - the first anime I watched, I liked it, got some decent characters I guess.

#200 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

Sword art online!!

Sword Art Online is awesome

Addicted to Fairy Tail at the moment. Only on episode 50ish of the first series.
Finally got around to starting it and have not been able to stop except for sleep and the occasional Skyrim binge to mix it up.
Frikkin love Aquarius! ^_^

Spoiler

Probably go back to Sword Art Online after that though. So far behind but thoroughly enjoyed the first half of the first series and can't wait to catch up. :3
That or Sailor Moon Crystal. Up to the "R" arc. Took awhile to get used to the character designs but once I got past that was good. Really appreciate how true to the manga in style and story it is this time around.

I've sporadically watched Fairy Tail as my kids watch it, it's pretty cool.

But Sword Art Online, I looove this show. There is SAO and SAO2, both have two seasons within them. I really like the first season of each show much better than the second, but the whole thing is pretty badass.  The episodes are far too short, omg

I have never been a fan of guns in my fantasy stuff, so for the longest time I put off watching SAO2 since the first season of it is in Gun Gale Online.  We finally watched it a week or so ago and I was very pleasantly surprised!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users