Pull my finger! Life Hack

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 pistola

pistola
  • 437 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Does you or your significant other fart alot? Do you enjoy cropdusting people? Dont hold back now, let it out!

Study: Smelling farts is good for your health
264585.jpg?206
iStock

The next time someone at your office lets out a "silent but deadly" emission, maybe you should thank them. A new study at the University of Exeter suggests that smelling farts could prevent disease and even cancer.

The study, published in the Medicinal Chemistry Communications journal, found that flatulence could be a key factor in treating diseases.

"Although hydrogen sulfide gas is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases," Dr. Mark Wood, a professor at the University of Exeter, said in a statement.

While hydrogen sulfide gas is harmful in large doses, smelling it in small amounts could reduce the risk of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving the body's mitochondria. Dr. Matt Whiteman, a University of Exeter professor who worked on the study, said in a statement that researchers are even replicating the natural gas to reap its health benefits.

http://theweek.com/a...for-your-health

#2 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

I don't do it because I can't be certain it'll just be air every time.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Why do all studies say "and even cancer"

#4 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Why do all studies say "and even cancer"

I dunno, you're the doctor, you tell us.

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

And while you're at it, remind everyone of the dangers of farting resulting in pink eye.

#6 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

And while you're at it, remind everyone of the dangers of farting resulting in pink eye.

And while we are at it, hepatits. If your farts are untrustworthy, keep them covered and away from other's orifices. 

#7 pistola

pistola
  • 437 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

those are just the risks one must take to live healthier and longer. im going to bask in my own farts from now on. whats it called when you catch a fart with your hand and throw it in someone elses face?

#8 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

those are just the risks one must take to live healthier and longer. im going to bask in my own farts from now on. whats it called when you catch a fart with your hand and throw it in someone elses face?

Childish?

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

I don't think actual doctors conduct these studies

I'm glad that is the one thing I have taught you xD

#10 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

south-park-fart-smelling-o.gif

#11 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Idk. It makes me think of the spanish term though. Tirarse un pedo. pretty much to throw a fart.

#12 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

not surprising. everything disgusting and not delicious is good for your health, apparently. :/

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

not surprising. everything disgusting and not delicious is good for your health, apparently. :/

Kombucha (which tastes like Lipton left in a hot car for 3 months) can be deadly, so at least there's that.

#14 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

whats it called when you catch a fart with your hand and throw it in someone elses face?

...Cup-a-spell?

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

buttercup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users