• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

May I suggest a userbar for those who are banned from trading? Userbars are pretty and its not like those who are banned gonna get promoted to any other ranks anyway. Great idea or greatest idea?

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

I like the idea. They could then use normal user titles. Then again there's nothing wrong with how things are done now.
I guess I'd be indifferent, neat idea though :p

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

I like this idea too. It feels like a sort of quick way to check if they're banned. Not like the user titles aren't quick, but right now they're above the avatar for me, and I'm always checking under the avatar because that's where they were when I wasn't private. It'll be sort of an extra insurance thing. 

Since we can have multiple userbars now, so it's not like you're erasing their member bar or anything.

#4 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

I like the idea.  A userbar is a little more noticeable than light grey text.  :D

Then again, a trade ban userbar looks more like a branding.

#5 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

I like this idea too. It feels like a sort of quick way to check if they're banned. Not like the user titles aren't quick, but right now they're above the avatar for me, and I'm always checking under the avatar because that's where they were when I wasn't private. It'll be sort of an extra insurance thing. 

Since we can have multiple userbars now, so it's not like you're erasing their member bar or anything.

i was thinking maybe we should just replace the member userbar instead but maybe it is a little too harsh? idk

#6 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

i was thinking maybe we should just replace the member userbar instead but maybe it is a little too harsh? idk

Tbh, now that I think about it, userbars were always meant to represent rank and nothing more, which is why we did away with the SOTW champ userbar.
I think applying a userbar for this would be inconsistent to that :(

#7 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

This sounds like a solution to a non-issue, to me.

#8 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Maybe a secondary userbar? I dunno. I'm on the fence like Kate but it is a nice idea.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

Trade bans are done through a secondary permission mask while the userbars are based on user groups so I'm not sure it would even work.

#10 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

maybe alter the color of the usual userbar? so that it says their rank but is 'banned from trading' color... or something?! lol

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Trade bans are done through a secondary permission mask while the userbars are based on user groups so I'm not sure it would even work.

Is it possible to make trade bans a sort of user group? We can be part of two user groups, like private and contest team, so you wouldn't be just kicking them out of a user group. 

#12 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Tbh, now that I think about it, userbars were always meant to represent rank and nothing more, which is why we did away with the SOTW champ userbar.

well "banned" is already rank so i don't think "banned from trading" is any different. :p

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Is it possible to make trade bans a sort of user group? We can be part of two user groups, like private and contest team, so you wouldn't be just kicking them out of a user group. 

Maybe.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

IF the userbar gets implemented, will it be retroactive or only apply to users in the future? If it's retroactive, then I would suggest having it as a secondary userbar versus replacing their current member status userbar.

Why wouldn't it be retroactive? It's not like the team has to swim through a swarm of trade banned users or anything.

#15 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

If we do have a banned from trading userbar, don't make it pretty. Banned from trading is not something that should be celebrated.

#16 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

If we do have a banned from trading userbar, don't make it pretty. Banned from trading is not something that should be celebrated.

That would be my only issue with implementation but then again I am not sure how much, if any, that my opinion matters. 

#17 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'm actually curious as to what people banned from trading have to say about this....

@Magical ?

#18 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Maybe somewhere along the grey colored one just like the "banned" member userbar is quiet good enough ?

#19 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Maybe somewhere along the grey colored one just like the "banned" member userbar is quiet good enough ?

grey is already assigned for guests. i think brown would be a perfect color. private members used to don this color but some people were not happy with it. xD

#20 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

I'm actually curious as to what people banned from trading have to say about this....

@Magical ?

Lmao, I think everyone's heard enough about my rants on the issue. But tbh, I don't mind. I think the user title is enough, or maybe a disclaimer on our member profile? I dunno.

#21 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

grey is already assigned for guests. i think brown would be a perfect color. private members used to don this color but some people were not happy with it. xD

It was beautiful.

#22 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

Lmao, maybe we need someone to co-ordinate our 'banned from trading' group! :S

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

I think there is no need at all for a graphical effort to be made in relation to trade-banned users.

The member title and the member bars perform the exact same function in this case. The loss of the ability to have a custom member title is an additional punishment that I see no need to remove either.

#24 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

I think there is no need at all for a graphical effort to be made in relation to trade-banned users.

The member title and the member bars perform the exact same function in this case. The loss of the ability to have a custom member title is an additional punishment that I see no need to remove either.

^This.

#25 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

What about the MOTM userbar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users