Duplication Glitch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2366 replies to this topic

#2276 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

can any one else confirm that you cannot get a MSPP from a RE?

or can you get one now? i always thought you couldnt

Hello TNT! After reading a dispute in the Avatar Chat, I was curious to know if it is at all possible to win a MSPP (TCG) in a Random Event or from any place around the site. I thought they could only be received from the now discontinued real life TCG redemption codes. ~hoshino_shira_megami
Possible, yes. Probable? Ehh, it's a stretch but it could happen. There is a Random Event that gives a player a random TCG card (the site item, not a real one), and there is a possibility that the player could receive the MSPP (TCG). With over 1,200 different TCGs available, though, it's a long shot, especially because that one is of higher rarity. Of course, considering the number of players on the site, it's bound to happen occasionally.

i thought you could never get them?

It sure is interesting to think about REs and the sites probabilities. The best RE I ever got was a 600k green bead for that talisman thing. The quote "It's bound to happen occasionally" makes me wonder how many times it actually has happened!

are prices for anagram swords all messed up? i see ppl selling a sword of ari for under 8 mil in the ah.

Argh they have been duped a lot, even after the original gallery glitch was used to dupe them, the equip BD item glitches lasted a LOT longer without getting patched for a while. Since it's easy to pick one up at the HT anytime I can see why people chose them. They certainly aren't one of a kind so it makes them easy to get away with when duped. I own a few anagram swords and it's a pain knowing how long it will be before they can sell again. Hopefully not too long... 0_o

#2277 Zorochan

Zorochan
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:02 PM

Would appear to me like tnt is finally getting their stuff together and "purging" the site. They apparently froze my bf's side account, which he used to dupe approx. 4 items. He didn't chat on the boards, or use the side atall for months besides of that. Also saw posts of people on the boars about their account being frozen while they only got lend an item. I have one account left with an item on, only one. Starting to get worried now xD But then again, if you get frozen simply for being lend, it's too late to worry about it now anyways..

#2278 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:21 PM

yeah I have a few friends who where iced yesterday for being lent the MSPP for the avi then sending it back.  I personally feel that's a bit unfair of tnt to ice people borrowing items for avis as how will they know its a duped item.

#2279 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

yeah I have a few friends who where iced yesterday for being lent the MSPP for the avi then sending it back.  I personally feel that's a bit unfair of tnt to ice people borrowing items for avis as how will they know its a duped item.

Would appear to me like tnt is finally getting their stuff together and "purging" the site. They apparently froze my bf's side account, which he used to dupe approx. 4 items. He didn't chat on the boards, or use the side atall for months besides of that. Also saw posts of people on the boars about their account being frozen while they only got lend an item. I have one account left with an item on, only one. Starting to get worried now xD But then again, if you get frozen simply for being lend, it's too late to worry about it now anyways..

^^ that is brutal! I hope it isn't true. TNT is going to have a wild fire on their hands if they start freezing people just willy nilly. :\

#2280 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

Really?

that will freeze like most of the active people on AC boards.

there was so much lending over the week

The account that i bought SuAP, Klens, JadeSS from the shop is still alive

but I transferred to a side which i self froze

wonder how long will i last

#2281 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

Only dumb people asking to be lent now when the glitch was so obvious. They kind of deserved to be frozen. They were probably hoping since it's just a lend, it won't matter whether if the item was duped.

OR this shows us that transferring the duped items via gift/trade is now highly monitored by TNT.

EDIT:

50% of the dupers will out themselves due to impatience after the first wave of mass freeze by TNT, I said that 1 week ago. I won't be wrong. 

Edited by neopetsexploded, 14 October 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#2282 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

I'm just going to 'forget' I have those items and train my pet for another year until it's strong enough to send them over and use them :)

#2283 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

Only dumb people asking to be lent now when the glitch was so obvious. They kind of deserved to be frozen. They were probably hoping since it's just a lend, it won't matter whether if the item was duped.

OR this shows us that transferring the duped items via gift/trade is now highly monitored by TNT.

EDIT:

50% of the dupers will out themselves due to impatience after the first wave of mass freeze by TNT, I said that 1 week ago. I won't be wrong. 

It is tempting to sell the goods... so tempting.. trying to hold on,.... having to ignore neopets for a while lol.

i didn't realize that gifts could/are monitored. I have always thought that it is one of the safest ways to transfer.

#2284 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

It is tempting to sell the goods... so tempting.. trying to hold on,.... having to ignore neopets for a while lol.

i didn't realize that gifts could/are monitored. I have always thought that it is one of the safest ways to transfer.

Knowing TNT everything is monitored xD 

#2285 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:15 AM

Knowing TNT everything is monitored xD 

we are being watched... time to do something outrageously funny.

#2286 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

we are being watched... time to do something outrageously funny.

Spam an account with worthless dung :3

#2287 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

Spam an account with worthless dung :3

hahaha. see how long it take for them to catch me for having duped dung, lots of it.

*sigh* :)

#2288 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:48 AM

I would say the logs of everything over the last few weeks have probably been monitored.

1 of my friends was very selective in who he borrowed the MSPP from and gave full collate.  2 hours after getting the avi he was iced.

#2289 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

I would say the logs of everything over the last few weeks have probably been monitored.

1 of my friends was very selective in who he borrowed the MSPP from and gave full collate.  2 hours after getting the avi he was iced.

That is so harsh! way to drive out players TNT. 

#2290 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

;.; I'm so glad the only avatars I still need are randoms, I would've just given up on the big 3 now with all this shit going on

#2291 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

@Liesa @Prisca

Temptation is what get people frozen. Wait AT LEAST 3 months, more if you can. I waited almost a year, but granted I took neo-break immediately after back then. The nps you get from selling the dupe items means shit if they get you frozen. Back to 0nps than compared to what you had previously prior to dupe week. 

You will see more of those people in a week or 2, convincing themselves it's safe and putting them up in trade lots, only to get reported and frozen.

I sound like a broken radio already for repeating the above message couple of times within this thread itself. But still people, even people here that read my boring advice, will out themselves to TNT :)

#2292 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:35 AM

Temptation is what gets us kicked out of paradise :p Yeah but it's logical with all the fuss over TNT would look for big transfers and stuff xD

#2293 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:30 AM

Hahaha.... there is still a talking point on glitch..... TNT can't even bother to fix it? OMG! :o

#2294 Zorochan

Zorochan
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

EDIT:

I know but when I look at my bf being frozen.. He doesn't play neo. Ever. Unless I tell him there's a plot or something. His side accounts basically rot. And now with the dupe I informed him, and for lols he duped some TCG's. IIRC he said he had only two left on that account in the end. After doing so, he went back offline for days. Today he checked upon the account and found it being frozen. So even if you keep extremely low profile, they somehow managed to catch him either way. I am genuinely impressed. :o 

#2295 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

I know but when I look at my bf being frozen.. He doesn't play neo. Ever. Unless I tell him there's a plot or something. His side accounts basically rot. And now with the dupe I informed him, and for lols he duped some TCG's. IIRC he said he had only two left on that account in the end. After doing so, he went back offline for days. Today he checked upon the account and found it being frozen. So even if you keep extremely low profile, they somehow managed to catch him either way. I am genuinely impressed. :o

His freezing is definitely not by coincidence, when you can still see obvious dupers still around with less than a few minutes of looking up. He must have something in his account that the neo-vigilante reported, or he have some items that have x10 or more. Something obvious must have triggered a report.

You are giving TNT too much credit despite your bf account laying low.

EDIT:

When I say dumb users, I'm referring to the users that are lending/borrowing now.

Edited by neopetsexploded, 14 October 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#2296 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

Damn. I wish people didn't dupe the big three. I still need two of them haha...

#2297 macaco

macaco
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

Omg guys, you still here :o anyone got frozen?

#2298 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

This sucks. I'll just take @neopetsexploded advice and not ask for a lend for the next year.

#2299 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

What amazes me are the people who have them in their galls.  You only have to look at the accounts to see unless they where very good at saving would no way be able to afford either SUaP or MSPP.

I know a lot of BDers are looking out for SUaP sellers or MSPP sellers at the moment and reporting them if anything looks wrong.  There was someone asking for a price on MSPP the other day who claimed they got it from a random event.  With in 10 posts it was plain to see that they had either duped one or brought a duped one as you cant get MSPP from random events anymore since they changed the rarity limits.

Another way BDers are finding people is putting up high end trades requesting they are looking for MSPP or SUaP only and waiting for someone to bid one of these items on them.

#2300 uptheshambles

uptheshambles
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

I know a lot of BDers are looking out for SUaP sellers or MSPP sellers at the moment and reporting them if anything looks wrong. 

That sounds quite like a witch hunt and I really don't think I'm okay with that. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users