Duplication Glitch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2366 replies to this topic

#2301 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

There was someone asking for a price on MSPP the other day who claimed they got it from a random event.  With in 10 posts it was plain to see that they had either duped one or brought a duped one as you cant get MSPP from random events anymore since they changed the rarity limits.

This was a dumb move haha. Though I had no idea that you couldn't get MSPP from an RE anymore, if I cared about getting one I'd be bummed out right now. 

Another way BDers are finding people is putting up high end trades requesting they are looking for MSPP or SUaP only and waiting for someone to bid one of these items on them.

Sneaky bastards! 

#2302 Zorochan

Zorochan
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

His freezing is definitely not by coincidence, when you can still see obvious dupers still around with less than a few minutes of looking up. He must have something in his account that the neo-vigilante reported, or he have some items that have x10 or more. Something obvious must have triggered a report.

You are giving TNT too much credit despite your bf account laying low.

EDIT:

When I say dumb users, I'm referring to the users that are lending/borrowing now.

As far as I know, he had only 2 items left and hasn't duped more than 6 items (did one dupe, got 6 items straight away) I am fairly certain he didn't do anything and no one on Neo really knows him or reported him or anything. All I can imagine is that it's because he duped an MSPP tcg, and because that's a red flag right now, perhaps they just look over each and every MSPP? 

They deserve that much credit I guess, after failing badly, even a minor achievement of tracking down a less obvious dupe is amazing for their ways. :p 

#2303 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

I hate when people feel like the "neo-Police". They are as embarrassing as people who stalk the living shit out of their boyfriend/girlfriend for the fear they are cheating. They also don't seem to have any empathy for others but a lot of self appreciation of themselves or their petty groups.  :ohwell: 

Why does it matter if an account looks suspicious? Maybe the owner doesn't like avatar collecting so they don't collect them? Perhaps an account owner is autistic and doesn't like flashy-pre-made userlookups but the "neo-Police" judges them as a suspicious shell? I was trying to sell a legit item (owned for a year) worth 7m a day or so ago and somebody neo-mailed me asking my price, when I told them the price they just replied saying it looked like the item was a dupe. I replied and asked them to explain why and said that I could provide a screenshot from around 10 months ago. They never responded after that. If they weren't trolling they must of had an arrow through their brain or something.  :lol2: 

As far as I know, he had only 2 items left and hasn't duped more than 6 items (did one dupe, got 6 items straight away) I am fairly certain he didn't do anything and no one on Neo really knows him or reported him or anything. All I can imagine is that it's because he duped an MSPP tcg, and because that's a red flag right now, perhaps they just look over each and every MSPP? 

They deserve that much credit I guess, after failing badly, even a minor achievement of tracking down a less obvious dupe is amazing for their ways. :p

Did the account change ip after being inactive for a while?  :S It's shocking to hear that they could be that thorough, they haven't hit my overly-obvious shells with overly obvious items yet... lol

#2304 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:14 AM

I hate when people feel like the "neo-Police". They are as embarrassing as people who stalk the living shit out of their boyfriend/girlfriend for the fear they are cheating. They also don't seem to have any empathy for others but a lot of self appreciation of themselves or their petty groups.  :ohwell: 

Why does it matter if an account looks suspicious? Maybe the owner doesn't like avatar collecting so they don't collect them? Perhaps an account owner is autistic and doesn't like flashy-pre-made userlookups but the "neo-Police" judges them as a suspicious shell? I was trying to sell a legit item (owned for a year) worth 7m a day or so ago and somebody neo-mailed me asking my price, when I told them the price they just replied saying it looked like the item was a dupe. I replied and asked them to explain why and said that I could provide a screenshot from around 10 months ago. They never responded after that. If they weren't trolling they must of had an arrow through their brain or something.  :lol2: 

I got a neomail like that after the AC.

'Nice trophies, legit much?!'

I did SS but just replied 'Ever thought some people like playing games in their vacation'

No reply after that xD

#2305 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

I got a neomail like that after the AC.

'Nice trophies, legit much?!'

I did SS but just replied 'Ever thought some people like playing games in their vacation'

No reply after that xD

Haha total win.  :hi: Yesterday on the neo-boards I saw that some people have been getting silenced for "Pretending to be the neopets staff", apparently they are outraged and didn't see it coming. I'm assuming they were probably silenced for making a "Here is what you should all do because of this dupothon" board LOL.  :lol2: 

#2306 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

4get neopetz, flyte rizin is way 2 go

#2307 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

4get neopetz, flyte rizin is way 2 go

Nah it gets boring soon :p You'll see

#2308 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Oh i have no doubt ill get bored fast. I don't have time to play games anymore, so i just run programs and sell what i make :p thats all i have time for really

#2309 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

Don't flaunt it and you'll be fine. Keep the items somewhere private (sdb or shop for 0nps) rather than a gallery. Minimise the risk and keep all your goodies. 

#2310 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

Don't flaunt it and you'll be fine. Keep the items somewhere private (sdb or shop for 0nps) rather than a gallery. Minimise the risk and keep all your goodies. 

*must resist temptation* I'll just 'forget' I have them on my shell xD

#2311 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

I'm really just curious now as to how safe it is to sell normal legit and AB items. I've had more luck with AB and RE after the dupe glitch then ever before and it's a little scary selling. How is anybody supposed to sell a non duped draik morphing potion with all the report happy people?  :D Does it even matter at this point if it's not a super big ticket item? Thank you for any replies.

#2312 Zorochan

Zorochan
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

Did the account change ip after being inactive for a while?  :S It's shocking to hear that they could be that thorough, they haven't hit my overly-obvious shells with overly obvious items yet... lol

hmm "change" is hard to tell.. More like, he logs on over different networks (his home, my hostel, my home, his school) so he logs on a different IP every day (or even multiple times a day). + the IP at my hostel is reset every 8 days.  Though supposedly the account has only been logged in for a few minutes over one network before being logged off again. 

That kinda worries me though, they miss the obvious one yet somehow manage to sniff out a really well hidden one. O_o

Edited by Zorochan, 14 October 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#2313 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

unfortunately neopolice have been around for ages, there is even a guild called it :p

What make me annoyed is beggars.  The other day I had someone neomail me a good 20 times begging for neopoints and in the end getting really abusive in the neomails when I said no.  I reported every neomail and just checked 9 days after reporting him his account is still active good job tnt I know your busy but come on already.

#2314 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

hmm "change" is hard to tell.. More like, he logs on over different networks (his home, my hostel, my home, his school) so he logs on a different IP every day (or even multiple times a day). + the IP at my hostel is reset every 8 days.  Though supposedly the account has only been logged in for a few minutes over one network before being logged off again. 

That kinda worries me though, they miss the obvious one yet somehow manage to sniff out a really well hidden one. O_o

The detection system has seemed really weird for quite some time I think. I do remember hearing from trustworthy forum members that accounts get flagged for being used on multiple IPs. It's quite annoying since it makes perfect sense to be in a position like the one you described! 

unfortunately neopolice have been around for ages, there is even a guild called it :p

What make me annoyed is beggars.  The other day I had someone neomail me a good 20 times begging for neopoints and in the end getting really abusive in the neomails when I said no.  I reported every neomail and just checked 9 days after reporting him his account is still active good job tnt I know your busy but come on already.

Lol that guild must be funny.  :lol2:  That's very awkward that someone was that desperate for neopoints, maybe they'll get silenced so they can't beg anymore haha!

#2315 Zorochan

Zorochan
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

The detection system has seemed really weird for quite some time I think. I do remember hearing from trustworthy forum members that accounts get flagged for being used on multiple IPs. It's quite annoying since it makes perfect sense to be in a position like the one you described! 

Lol that guild must be funny.  :lol2:  That's very awkward that someone was that desperate for neopoints, maybe they'll get silenced so they can't beg anymore haha!

Then again it'd be weird since it has been months since he last used the account so technically it has been used only over 1 IP address in the past time. 

It is ineed annoying but they didn't do anything about it yet, and then again, would be weird. It is really easy to even manually change your IP address, and sometimes without your choice, your IP changes. (My laptop and my bf's wifi do not like one another and his router somehow deletes my laptop from the IP list and randomly gives a new one when it feels like it too). I haven't had any trouble with it and it's been two years since I played like this. I doubt it raises a red flag somehow. More logic would be to me if like, you play over 1 or 2 IP's all the time, and suddenly for one time, a different one is used, then the old ones again etc. But if the IP changes all the time, I'm not sure they could make a thing out of that. 

#2316 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

my works IP address changes every day never had an issue :)

#2317 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

Omg guys, you still here :o anyone got frozen?

me but i make a come back again. hehehe. :D

#2318 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

I would say it's not TNT you have to worry about the most, it's the players. They're like hell hounds sometimes.

#2319 evoheyax

evoheyax
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

I see a lot of people getting iced, but not me. TNT hasn't touch any of my ~450 mspp's :)

Edited by evoheyax, 15 October 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#2320 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

me but i make a come back again. hehehe. :D

You got iced again ? seriously ? :D what did you do girl haha

I see a lot of people getting iced, but not me. TNT hasn't touch any of my ~450 mspp's :)

Same here, so far all of my accounts are safe, I'm never going near the Auction or Trade Post for at least a month or two. Temptation to sell is killing me but I prefer to not get iced for not being patient. 

#2321 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

I'm still standing so far, I'm going to be sitting on mine for awhile.

#2322 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

Someone on the HC is saying they've duped an item accidentally....makes me curious.

http://www.neopets.c...topic=156521498

#2323 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

On accident.. that's weird. Although if I must say I got the stat increasing dupe to work again temporarily yesterday.  ^_^ One armoured negg equaled 6 defence points helping the pet tremendously! I found it weird though because previously I came to the conclusion that it was patched and it used to only make 1 equal 2, not 6! I did use a different clicking technique but that was dumb luck. Hmmm now to try other things mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahaha, okay I'll stop the evil laughs.  :S

#2324 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

still here. didnt do any duping.

My shells are gone tho.

Its weird. I cant log into them and the account when searched doesnt exist.

It wont show the ' you have been frozen' page

Maybe it was cookie grabbed and iced.

Edited by cellarbro, 16 October 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#2325 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

still here. didnt do any duping.

My shells are gone tho.

Its weird. I cant log into them and the account when searched doesnt exist.

It wont show the ' you have been frozen' page

Maybe it was cookie grabbed and iced.

The page never loaded after the transition

It just says bad password.

well Jumpstart made an account in the other site...

so the might have done so here.

you can try asking them here LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AhrefsBot (1)