• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

jbhDOQW2O38jRK.png

iqhC1oQjpXQIR.gif

Nominations start: Now

Nominations end: February 11, 2015 at 8:59 NST

Voting Period: February 12 to February 15 at 8:59 NST

Who to nominate: We are looking for someone who is kind, helpful, and has made great contributions to the forum while encouraging activity. You may nominate up to three people.

How to nominate: To nominate, either PM me or post here. Your nomination must include the person's username and 2-3 well thought out reasons - for example, explaining how well you think they did contributing to something. Reasons like "because they're cool" will not be counted.

How to win: The three users with the most nominations will be voted on at the end of the nomination period. The person with the most votes at the end of the voting period will become February's Member of the Month.

Full Rules:

Do not nominate yourself or ask to be nominated.

- Staff members may be nominated but each individual staff member may only win once every six months.

- Provide 2-3 well thought out reasons as to why you think the user you have nominated should be Member of the Month. If your reasoning is not valid, your nomination may not be considered.

- Post your nomination here or PM me if you would like to be anonymous.

- If you won the previous month, you cannot be nominated.

February MOTM Prizes:

- Private+ site theme for the month.

- Pretty userbar for the month:

motmchamplong.gif

- Shiny award to keep permanently:

motm.gif

This award can be achieved by anyone by following the criteria below:

101-AwardImgMaster-1415723808.gif

- Nominate 3 different people in the current MOTM topic while following the "How to Nominate" criteria.
- Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be members who won within the last three MOTM's.
- Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be staff members (moderators+admins) who won within the last six MOTM's.
- Not retroactively awarded for nominations before November 2014.

#2 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

@Chappy...has been an absolute ray of sunshine this past month especially. While she's always a kind and positive force on the forums, she's additionally wonderful to hang with on the Neocodex Minecraft server, and OMG that thread with the drawing every week...to die for! 

@Strategist...whom I have nominated a bunch already (especially for his ceaselessly awesome service to the Neocodex Minecraft server)...pretty much wore his fingers to the bone ensuring that the Minecraft portion of the Gaming Month took place without a hitch. It was loads of fun, and he's even been plotting ahead with further activities! There simpy doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to encompass everything that he so well dedicates himself to here at Neocodex.

@Swarley...I earnestly voted for him last month. :) He's truly an awesomely nice and active soul around here (and speaking of drawing, he takes requests!), and he definitely needs his well-earned spot of recognition as a MOTM recipient.

(There's about two others I would nominate as well were no limits imposed...) :p

#3 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

@Ponyme - This person needs mega credit for the auto coli for FR. Enough said. Even if you don't use it many people do and should get a little umph one time XD

@Strategist- Put tons of effort into the codex site~ Also nominating for hosting minecraft. We all know minecraft takes so much time ^^

@Romy - This is not biased in any way. I'm a nominate him for holding the pokemon and minecraft.

sorry all of these are based on the gaming month, but I feel it is ok. I would like to nominate more people, but there's a 3 limit.

(just shout out to @Jess for hosting the CAH one -hint hint- someone should nom her officially)

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

am i eligible for the award if i pm my nominations instead of posting them here?

#5 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

am i eligible for the award if i pm my nominations instead of posting them here?

The instructions say that you can PM the nominations, so don't be silly, of course the award still counts. :p

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

The instructions say that you can PM the nominations, so don't be silly, of course the award still counts. :p

oh in the instruction it says "nominate in the current topic" so i was a lil confused. me and sub-par comprehension skills lol.

#7 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

oh in the instruction it says "nominate in the current topic" so i was a lil confused. me and sub-par comprehension skills lol.

The instructions say PM or post here, so either way, it counts. ;)

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

@Ponyme for the things he does Flight Rising wise, including answering questions in IRC, and for the things he did during the duping incident.

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

I'd like to nominate the following people for all the hard work put into January Gaming Month. I'm sorry I can't make all of you official nominations, you all did great, but to me these three stood out in their expert organizational skills and getting things put together for the participants.

@Strategist, @Jess, @Ivysaur @Romy 

Special shoutouts to: @Emily (can't be nominated that's why) and @Adam you both did great hosting!

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

I almost thought I was nominated; how disappointing. 

#11 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

I almost thought I was nominated; how disappointing.

One day your prince will come.

#12 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

*bumps* 

Get yer noms in, peeps! :D

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Oops! I almost forgot, thanks @Kord :3

I'd like to nominate @Adam.. I feel like he has been a lot more active and friendly around the community lately and I love people who bring positive energy to the forum. He hosted another successful Hearthstone tournament and I like that people are encouraged to try that out because of his tournaments rather than the same old same old, Neo and FR stuff! :p 

Again, @Swarley is a fantastic guy and has contributed so much activity to the forums. He brings laughs and positive energy just like Adam! He also has the hilarious "Art of Drawing" thread which has been keeping me entertained.

Speaking of art, my final nom is @Chappy because she too, is friendly and active. She is also hosting the Draw every week challenge and has been consistently reminding us all and dealing with noob questions and forgetfulness! (Guilty lol)

#14 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

Oops! I almost forgot, thanks @Kord :3

I'd like to nominate @Adam.. I feel like he has been a lot more active and friendly around the community lately and I love people who bring positive energy to the forum. He hosted another successful Hearthstone tournament and I like that people are encouraged to try that out because of his tournaments rather than the same old same old, Neo and FR stuff! :p 

Again, @Swarley is a fantastic guy and has contributed so much activity to the forums. He brings laughs and positive energy just like Adam! He also has the hilarious "Art of Drawing" thread which has been keeping me entertained.

Speaking of art, my final nom is @Chappy because she too, is friendly and active. She is also hosting the Draw every week challenge and has been consistently reminding us all and dealing with noob questions and forgetfulness! (Guilty lol)

Great nominations, and glad I helped you to remember!  :wub:

#15 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

Weird I didn't get a ping when Kord...nvm

Thank you both @Kord  & @kate--- I mean @tauriel~ <3
(I'm sorry Kord I didnt get a notification *facepalm*)

#16 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

My prince has arrived! <3

#17 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

I would like to nominate @Adam because I want to touch the butt. 

Relevant: 

But seriously, you're enticing and sassy. you are very helpful. you spend all kinds of hours on codex when you should be sleeping. We see it, we appreciate it. Make me vag'n'cheese and I'll even vote for you.

#18 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

My prince has arrived! <3

Knights in shining armor, they are. 

#19 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

1) I'd like to nominate @Strategist because of the countless hours he poured into building the arenas and commands for the minecraft contests. I helped but he did a large majority of the work (85%-90%!!).

2) Second nomination is @Ponyme simply because of the scripts and programs he's released. It's about time we recognized his hard work.

3) Third nomination is a toss up between 2 people. I'm gonna have to nominate @Swarley however. He's an amazing person both on and off Neocodex (MC!). He's kind to everyone on Codex and has gone out of his way to help people with any questions they've had (Duping incident is a solid example.)

Honorable mentions: @Chappy has been the biggest sweetheart ever. She's managed to get a bunch of Neocodex members to show us their artistic talents. I'm really happy to see you being more active on Codex!

#20 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

I would like to nominate @Adam because he did a great job with the Hearthstone competition, he's relatively easy to talk to, and he makes the internet a more interesting place.

#21 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

1.  @Chappy for the awesome Art Every Week thread, which helps keep me here and helps keep me drawing at least 1 non-BC thing per week, which is important. Also for being friendly and keeping up a steady weekly ping list, which can be hard to do.
  2.  @Swarley for being friendly, helpful and never being condescending, despite my noob questions, both in public and via PM
  3.  @Strategist also for being friendly and helpful to the noob, but also for answering questions and generally making things go a tad smoother, and for adding some amusement to NeoCodex

#22 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

Nominations close at the end of the day. Gogogogogo. Moremoremore.

#23 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

1. @Kord because of her endless friendliness, here and on the MC server. You don't have to be as patient as you are, but you always are, and you're always a sweetheart about it! <3 

2. @Strategist because of his openness to help out those of us that are still fairly new around here - I've also already greatly enjoyed your help and company on the MC server! Thanks for getting @jorrakay set up, too. :)

3. @Rocket for always being so helpful, and for getting me started with NeoCodex in the first place, whether she realizes it or not. :) You're also awesome for putting together that FR giveaway. You could have seriously cashed in with those eggs and scrolls but instead you spent time and effort putting together a giveaway to share with us... thank you!

#24 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

I'd like to nominate @Strategist and @Romy for all their work both on the Minecraft Server and Codex (especially building and hosting some of the funnest competitions last month). For being some cool, friendly, welcoming, helpful dudes without whom this site would undoubtedly fall into a spiral of darkness and broken dreams & promises while newbies wondered aimlessly lost & confused. 
And @Waser_Lave ditto.png (minus Minecraft *cough*loser*cough* add Mystery Pic)

#25 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

1. @Kord because of her endless friendliness, here and on the MC server. You don't have to be as patient as you are, but you always are, and you're always a sweetheart about it! <3 

2. @Strategist because of his openness to help out those of us that are still fairly new around here - I've also already greatly enjoyed your help and company on the MC server! Thanks for getting @jorrakay set up, too. :)

3. @Rocket for always being so helpful, and for getting me started with NeoCodex in the first place, whether she realizes it or not. :) You're also awesome for putting together that FR giveaway. You could have seriously cashed in with those eggs and scrolls but instead you spent time and effort putting together a giveaway to share with us... thank you!

(HUGS) sweetie, I can't be nominated because I was very happily nominated and voted to MOTM for January, but thank you.  :wub: Why not change your ballot to put a different third nominee in instead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users