hair beard shampoo no-poo natural life chemicals kill

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Shave it pretty short once a month or so, wash it when showering, long for the days when I had more options.

#77 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, I also shampoo and condition almost every day. Sometimes I skip a day which bothers me when I do it, and I have to shower immediately when I wake up. I'm weird about dirty hair - mostly because I have trichotillomania - and the feel of it being dirty makes me want to pull more so I have to wash it. 

#78 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

Shave it pretty short once a month or so, wash it when showering, long for the days when I had more options.

I tried to google "shaved badger", nothing. Then I googled " naked badger". Worst decision ever.

#79 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

I tried to google "shaved badger", nothing. Then I googled " naked badger". Worst decision ever.

It's practically a necessity to keep your fur short when you get greased up as often and as thoroughly as I do.

#80 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

It's practically a necessity to keep your fur short when you get greased up as often and as thoroughly as I do.

If you do what the results of my research showed, you definitely get very greasy lol

#81 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

If you do what the results of my research showed, you definitely get very greasy lol

I like to pretend that I'm a mole and burrow extensively in my garden.

#82 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

Malin and Goetz Peppermint Clarifying Shampoo on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday. 

Malin and Goetz Gentle Neroli Shampoo the other days. 

Hanz de Fuko Claymation paste for hold and style. 

Garnier Fructis extra hold hairspray to keep it up all day. 

I have six inch bangs that I either sweep back, or to the right side of my hair. Occasionally, on the weekends, I'll forego the latter two products and let the waves fly.

I have experimented with a ton of men's hair products over the years :p

As far as facial hair, I keep it at clean shaven or five o'clock shadow. I shave with a Merkur safety razor, horse hair brush, feather blades, and Proraso gentle unscented shave soap. Would recommend for anyone who keeps that baby face smooth style. 

Edit: My hair basically looks like Pat Bateman's. See signature.

#83 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

Spoiler

I'm sorry that I laughed when I read that you use  "Mane n Tail" products at the same time my eyes glanced at your avatar. It made perfect sense. lol

I have six inch bangs that I either sweep back, or to the right side of my hair. Occasionally, on the weekends, I'll forego the latter two products and let the waves fly.

It's not weird, but that made me want to soothe your bangs without you noticing/watching you as you wash it.
Don't call the police.

#84 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

Spoiler

I'm sorry that I laughed when I read that you use  "Mane n Tail" products at the same time my eyes glanced at your avatar. It made perfect sense. lol

It's not weird, but that made me want to soothe your bangs without you noticing/watching you as you wash it.
Don't call the police.

I've had years of people touching my hair, no law enforcement necessary. 

#85 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

Curly/wavy hair = don't wash more than once every two/three weeks (literally, no water, nothing) and only use shampoo maybe once every two or three months. I get compliments often, which follows with "what products do you use?"  Hilarious to see the faces of people after I reveal my "routine" they look so grossed out, or really pissed off. People are so weird about that - the boyfriend loved my hair for 2 years into our relationship; right up until he found out my routine.....now he always tries to guess when I've washed my hair - whenever he thinks it looks 'better' (and always gets the wrong answer).

#86 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

I used to do the whole flat ironing and making sure not a hair is out of place thing...used expensive straightening balms, Lush shampoo, Ojon oil, etc. but then I relapsed with my ED so badly that my hair started thinning dramatically and I stopped caring. It's thickened out a bit since I've started recovery, but it's no where near as it used to be yet so I have it in a ponytail pretty much 24/7. I'm extremely self-conscious about it.

I'll go back to my routine and hair products as soon as my hair is strong enough again. I need new colour pretty bad.

#87 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:06 PM

I use coconut oil on my hair and when I wash my hair I'll use olive oil to moisturize my ends. There are a lot of expensive natural hair products out there but imo it's a complete rip off. Most of them are to enhance curls in 4b/4c when my hair is already curly the issue is with dryness/breakage.  I've started getting into protective styling but that shit is so time consuming that the most I'm willing to do at this point is put it in a ponytail. I've considered just beehiving my hair and wearing wigs. I love my hair but I hate dealing with it. 

#88 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

I grow it out and cut it for cancer, so I can't dye it or process it in any real way since it's used to make wigs.

I just finished my caviar hair products from sephora but they are hecka expensive so I'll probably go back to using l'oreal.

I've tried no shampoo and I do apple cider vinegar rinses to get out build up if I'm using a lot of product. 

Since my hair is past my waist, I can't shampoo it everyday it's way too dry. So usually every other day. It really depends on my hair and how it's behaving.

I have a kukui hair mask from bumble and bumble as well as one from living proof but tbh I don't think either do a lot for me.

I prefer to just put coconut oil in my hair every once in a while.

I can't use almost any other oil in my hair because I have an allergic reaction to them probably since i'm allergic to a lot of nuts. argan oil makes my skin freak out.

I have tons of hair product from my dancing and cheerleading years. Really I don't use any of that stuff anymore.

I have blow dry creme from caviar that is great as well as some blowout stuff from B&B which is amazing.

I usually throw my hair up in a towel and then comb it out with my tangle teezer, which I love. I just get weird gray fluff on my brushes and I hate it ~_~ Anyway, then I spray it with B&B prep, messy blow dry it and done. Usually though I shower before bed and just go to sleep with it wet. Way too lazy. 

I'm sure there's more but I just can't even... my hair annoys the hell out of me most of the time LOL.

#89 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

Now I can't stop laughing.

I grow it out and cut it for cancer, so I can't dye it or process it in any real way since it's used to make wigs.

Dawwwwww.....

Try avocado oil. I couldn't use a lot of other oils I tried, but avocado oil worked well for me. 

Also, you seem to have a lot of caviar based hair products.

#90 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

Dawwwwww.....

Try avocado oil. I couldn't use a lot of other oils I tried, but avocado oil worked well for me. 

Also, you seem to have a lot of caviar based hair products.

Not real caviar! it's just the line...

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.sephora.c...no go for me :(

Edited by Padme, 16 March 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#91 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

I started using this styling wax / paste stuff. It's strong enough to keep my hair how I want it, but flexible enough that I can still run my fingers through my hair. 

#92 AmbidextrousParadox

AmbidextrousParadox
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

I have no beard ): 

Not that I want one, but I'm 20 and never had a single facial hair on me.

I usually wash my hair once a day, then I blow dry it and usually comb it in a ponytail. Twice a week I put on argan's oil, since my hair is already too oily.

#93 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

I have an amazing beard. I usually wash it with shampoo and then I comb it a little.

#94 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:55 AM

i dont use shampoo and conditioner, only sodium  :D 

and for my beard... sometimes use a random shampoo for it and i comb it after shower to give a nice shape

#95 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:14 AM

@Rauul and @HiMyNameIsNick any chance to show me your beards?  :rolleyes:

Just for research purposes...

Beards can't go with water only? I think it cold be possible but rather tricky since face skin doesn't produce as much oil as scalp. Any of you ever tried?

@Rauul why did quit using shampoo and conditioner on your hair?

#96 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

Beards can't go with water only? I think it cold be possible but rather tricky since face skin doesn't produce as much oil as scalp. Any of you ever tried?

@Athayde

here is 

295flz9.jpg

and yes, can go with water only, but my beard is soft, and i like to keep it soft 

i stopped using shampoo and conditioner because shampoo has too many dangerous thing and im allergic to many things, and i love how soft and shiny is my hair, lol

Edited by rauul, 08 June 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#97 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:50 AM

@Athayde

here is 

295flz9.jpg

and yes, can go with water only, but my beard is soft, and i like to keep it soft 

i stopped using shampoo and conditioner because shampoo has too many dangerous thing and im allergic to many things, and i love how soft and shiny is my hair, lol

Nice beard!

When you quit, did you went through the dreaded "transition phase" or your hair & scalp just embrace the change without worries? And how long have been a no-pooer? And what is your routine (how many times you wash a week and what do you do in between washes, if you do anything)?

When I quit shampoo also noticed my seasonal dandruff disappeared. Chemicals were the culprits in that too. Funny how things are supposed to help, only aggravate some conditions lol. Shampoo industry, you're such a jerk.

#98 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:08 AM

Nice beard!

When you quit, did you went through the dreaded "transition phase" or your hair & scalp just embrace the change without worries? And how long have been a no-pooer? And what is your routine (how many times you wash a week and what do you do in between washes, if you do anything)?

When I quit shampoo also noticed my seasonal dandruff disappeared. Chemicals were the culprits in that too. Funny how things are supposed to help, only aggravate some conditions lol. Shampoo industry, you're such a jerk.

embrance the change without worries ! srsly, the first day i started using my own "shampoo" i touched my hair and was like "hey, that shit is awesome" started like 2 months ago, and my routine? i just wash it like 3 times in a week, between washes i do nothing, but if i workout and im sweating too much, i take a shower and wash my hair too (i dont know why sweat makes my hair oily)

its like if i use a head&shoulder with menthol, i feel my hair soft, fresh and clean for some hours with head&shoulder, with my recipe of bicarbonate and vinegar my hair keeps soft and clean for days

#99 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

I don't have any picture atm :( I'll take one later.

Just water? I like to keep clean :p

#100 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

i have pin straight blonde hair. won't hold a curl or wave, ever. hair stylists won't believe me and start crying when they attempt to curl me hair

as for hair routine... dry shampoo is my savior, as my roots tend to get greasy and icky looking on day 2 after a hair wash. as for the hair wash itself, no conditioner, no silicones and if possible no sulfates. i have to baby my hair otherwise it looks like poop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users