job

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

1. I have several dream jobs that are all unrealistic so I will throw them out there. I would like to be in a hardcore band, I don't care what instrument, although vocals would be awesome. If I couldn't do that, I would like to be a professional athlete.

2. Money is very important. It's why I wake up and go to work every day now. However, having my dream job would let that money come easier, and in greater amounts, thus increasing my quality of life and happiness.

3. Not necessarily. I'd like to think that if I was in a band, my music may have affected people in someway, but if not, that's fine too. At the end of the day I am selfish and really only concerned with myself, as well as my loved ones.

4. I work in local government. There are no plans to obtain my dream job, especially the sports related ones. I wasn't born with the genes so it just isn't going to happen. As far as the band idea, I could play an instrument and get good, but I am 27 years old, and I realize the struggles that would come with trying to reach that goal. Realistically, I will continue to work in local government/various government organizations until I reach a level I am happy/comfortable with.

#27 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

1.So what would it be? Being Alex Trebek (or just being the host of Jeopardy!)

2.Is money important? How much? yes, enough to have a nice house and live somewhat comfortably, though as Kebert Xela, they would send me all over the world for video clues anyway.

3.Is affecting the world important? Define world. I don't think you need to leave your hometown to make the world a better place. I hate when people spend $5,000 to go to the other side of the world and work at an orphanage for 2 weeks. Why don't you teach the people in those 3rd world countries how to do it, give them the materials they need, and let them do it themselves? It is cheaper for everyone, and you can't industrialize a country, they have to do it themselves... I am a lift where you stand type of guy.

4.What is you current job and how do you plan to achieve your dream job? UNEMPLOYED #medicalstudent. Really, my realistic future dream job is to be a family physician. I love being able to treat everything and everyone. Build relationships over lifetimes etc.

#28 Mastermind

Mastermind
  • 324 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:43 AM

1.So what would it be?

A game designer.

2.Is money important? How much?

Yes, just enough for a comfortable life.

3.Is affecting the world important? 

Yes, I want to create and introduce new ideas in the gaming world, not that I have any of them right now.

4.What is you current job and how do you plan to achieve your dream job?

I'm a university student at the moment and studying biotechnology as a major, so there is no plans whatsoever to achieve my dream job unfortunately. But I also enjoy that too, so yeah  :lol2: .

#29 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

1. Should start with the unrealistic or with the super unrealistic? HMMM. Ok, I know for sure that it will be something in the food/cooking area, possibly something like a baker or a confectioner, those are my top dreams for sure. But I'd also love to be a sushi man, I almost got a job as a sushi man trainee but I had to move out, bummer.

2. Of course money is important, we need that to stay alive, literally. The more the merrier, but just enough to give a good life to me and fiance would be marvelous.

3. It is and it's not. It's important to affect MY world, the world of my friends/people around me.

4. I'm still in college, life is kinda hard at the moment, but I just keep fighting you know, the usual.

#30 untouchablexx

untouchablexx
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

1. So what would it be?

I want to be a pediatric nurse, specializing in mental deficiencies.

2. Is money important? How much?

It is important to a certain extent. I want to make enough to live comfortably, and leave my family with a legacy.

3. Is affecting the world important? 

Definitely. Affecting peoples lives big a small.

4. What is you current job and how do you plan to achieve your dream job?

I'm currently a nursing assistant at a retirement home in my second year of nursing school. ^^

#31 Savasana

Savasana
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

1.So what would it be?
Criminal Lawyer, defense or pros.

Enough to be comfortably middle class.

Very.

Legal assistant, starting law school this fall.

#32 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

1. Being an astronaut.

2. So so. 100k annual salary seems fine to me.

3. Of course.

4. I currently work at burger king. Honestly, I don't even think that I will be able to achieve my goal :(

#33 stormcloak

stormcloak
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

1.So what would it be?

programmer (website/game developer to be specific)

I would like to earn a lot so I can donate to charity. :)

Yes! (In my opinion, you don't have to be famous or discover something important to "affect the world", just be nice, help others, set a good example, etc. But that's just my opinion. It's probably wrong.)

I'm not old enough for a job, lol. But I do know a lot of people who have technology jobs and I was offered a job shadowing opportunity at a certain company  :shifty:  I'll just keep working hard and hope for the best :p

Edited by stormcloak, 25 May 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#34 Antares

Antares
  • 46 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

1.So what would it be?

Lawyer

Yes, we live in captalism. Anyone saying that money isn't important must be lyng!

Yeah, I love discussing ideias.

Well, right now I'm in college. I dream to be a civil lawyer someday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users