• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

I wonder what's going to happen to neopets in the future :( They're letting go of the best people 

Neopets as we know it is, undoubtedly, going to die sooner or later.

However, I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope they release a completely revamped game within the next year or two.

I mean, while we are losing beloved staff... improvements are still slowly being made.

Never really kept up with staff beyond Number Six and Poptart anyways but I do find myself now wondering...
Just how many original (year one) or other senior staff remain?

Who are they?
What's the split between original & JS now? 80 (JS)/20 at this point?

#52 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:39 AM

I think JS is getting the hang of it. They released clothes on Quiggle day! They are horrendous, but it's a start. And the colors are getting better.

#53 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:39 AM

Neopets as we know it is, undoubtedly, going to die sooner or later.

However, I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope they release a completely revamped game within the next year or two.

I mean, while we are losing beloved staff... improvements are still slowly being made.

Neopets as a whole has to be changed and improved to keep up with what people would expect from a game nowadays. That pretty much means becoming mobile friendly while also incorporating things such as ease of use, less time investment, and so on. So yeah, Neopets as we know it is dead/dying.

I personally don't think Neopets has run its course. It'll be here for years to come, just in a different form. People are just gonna have to accept that and move on with it, or be left behind while they wallow in their nostalgia of "the good ol' days"

#54 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

thank goodness I didn't pick Droplet for the staff tourney either!

Round 1 results:

Droplet 1171

idk she's doing pretty good 

#55 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

I think JS is getting the hang of it. They released clothes on Quiggle day! They are horrendous, but it's a start. And the colors are getting better.

This is true. The news is slowly beginning to improve, even though it still sounds pretty .. uh .. emotionless? I'm not sure how else to explain it.

Things like Kads, Dice-a-roo, etc are slowly being fixed and brought back. Also a good sign.

The question is .. is it too little too late?

#56 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

the tanking has begun

#57 Bear

Bear
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

Change is coming. 

#58 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

Man, I never kept track of staff beyond Snarky, but I knew of Droplet and that she was on maternity leave. This sucks so much :(

Running a weekly publication with dwindling submissions is probably beyond JS's low efforts

#59 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Aww, I liked Droplet. D:

If there's anyone who needs to be let go, it's Rico. Guy takes forever responding to tickets, and his replies aren't even helpful.

They should let go the people in charge of freezing 8)

#60 sinicorosa

sinicorosa
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

maybe adam and donna can buy neopets back. if the site dies enough, it will become cheaper to buy

#61 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:44 PM

Idk if anyone subscribes to the neopet community on facebook but they were talking about showing support for droplet by customizing pets with NC items. And I'm just here staring and not very sure if they are joking or not.

#62 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

Idk if anyone subscribes to the neopet community on facebook but they were talking about showing support for droplet by customizing pets with NC items. And I'm just here staring and not very sure if they are joking or not.

...really? Wow, that's just sad.

#63 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:52 AM

What? Was there any reasoning behind that decision, or do they really think that customizing neopets helps anyone in any way?

#64 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

What? Was there any reasoning behind that decision, or do they really think that customizing neopets helps anyone in any way?

...really? Wow, that's just sad.

Conspiracy theory would be that it's js pretending to be a voice in the crowd to encourage revenue in this time of crisis. The logic is beyond me like, we disapprove of your actions so we will buy stuff from you and hope to create an aesthetic which we hope will attract your attention and eventually be interpreted as disapproval. Shrug

#65 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:20 AM

Conspiracy theory would be that it's js pretending to be a voice in the crowd to encourage revenue in this time of crisis. The logic is beyond me like, we disapprove of your actions so we will buy stuff from you and hope to create an aesthetic which we hope will attract your attention and eventually be interpreted as disapproval. Shrug

I don't think JS is smart enough or stupid enough for that

#66 BonjourBagel

BonjourBagel
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

NOOOO! If neopets dies out, I'll have to go back to playing WoW :(

#67 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

maybe adam and donna can buy neopets back. if the site dies enough, it will become cheaper to buy

No way they will buy-back..... they left the site with high note so they won't be coming back in future.

#68 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

I joined FR in case Neo tanks completely

#69 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

I'm going to give Neo another year before I end up going back on a hiatus or quitting entirely again.  So far I do feel that JS is genuinely trying to put in effort to improve the site, even if it's a little too slow.  

#70 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

Another.

Nail.

In.

The.

Neopets.

Coffin.

#71 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:44 PM

NT still came out this week but we will have to see if another one comes out of not as she might have done this one before she left.

I heard it was something to do with employment laws in the country JS act from.

#72 Zieke

Zieke
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

I hope Jumpstart keeps up with NT. I love submitting stuff to it, and have won a few awards.

Taking it away is just one more reason Neopets is losing steam, and I don't want it to. D:

#73 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

This just occurred to me so I figure I'd throw it up here, but a few months back JumpStart was hiring artists for neopets (I applied, DIDNT EVEN GET AN EMAIL BACK...). Where the hell happened with that and why would they he hiring new people when they're laying everyone off? Just weird, seeing the timing of these events. I guess instead of deciding to hire new people they just... decided to fire everyone? Wtf.

#74 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:03 PM

This just occurred to me so I figure I'd throw it up here, but a few months back JumpStart was hiring artists for neopets (I applied, DIDNT EVEN GET AN EMAIL BACK...). Where the hell happened with that and why would they he hiring new people when they're laying everyone off? Just weird, seeing the timing of these events. I guess instead of deciding to hire new people they just... decided to fire everyone? Wtf.

I never heard about them hiring new artists. I did hear that they would be using the same artists that JS uses for their other projects. I think they're in Indonesia, but I'm really not sure.

#75 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

I never heard about them hiring new artists. I did hear that they would be using the same artists that JS uses for their other projects. I think they're in Indonesia, but I'm really not sure.

Well, all I know is that I saw a job offering from JumpStart for neopets on linkedin, I mean obviously they DIDN'T hire anyone new so it's just like... why.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users