• 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

I think I still have Vista... heh. :(

#27 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:44 PM

I use 7 since it's release and I don't know if I should sign up for 10... so many doubts akdsasnfnjd

#28 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:05 AM

I have windows 7 on my laptop and will keep it on 7.

My parents have the tile shit known as windows 8.1 (why did microsoft make such a crap OS, I will never know) and will be upgraded to window 10.

#29 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

I have windows 7 on my laptop and will keep it on 7.

My parents have the tile shit known as windows 8.1 (why did microsoft make such a crap OS, I will never know) and will be upgraded to window 10.

What's wrong with it?

#30 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

Here's something random:  I had a dream last night about installing Windows 10 on my computer, and it screwed it all up (lagged a lot and couldn't start).  Maybe thi is foreshadowing? XD

I really like my Windows 7, Windows 8 isn't too bad once you get used to it, but it's just more complex.  Dad says that Windows 10 might require a lot of memory, so I dunno if my laptop can handle it...

#31 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

Here's something random:  I had a dream last night about installing Windows 10 on my computer, and it screwed it all up (lagged a lot and couldn't start).  Maybe thi is foreshadowing? XD

I really like my Windows 7, Windows 8 isn't too bad once you get used to it, but it's just more complex.  Dad says that Windows 10 might require a lot of memory, so I dunno if my laptop can handle it...

From what I have read up online the system requirements for 10 should be the same as 8.1? So if your computer can run 8, it can also run 10.

My windows 10 install uses quite a lot of memory though that is through virtualbox and not as an OS - I found out that any OS installed in a virtual machine runs slowly.

#32 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Does anyone know how to disable the drag shit on the logon screen? I can't find anything :x There's a force classic logon in gpedit, but it isn't available in this and all I'm looking for is to remove the drag thing. nvm i fixed it ;)

Also would anyone be interested in a guide to changing/removing unnecessary things from this? Like editing the whole start menu, removing the action center, removing bloatware that you can't uninstall normally, things like that. Since I can totally write something up if anyone wants it ^^

#33 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

The only problem I've had is with clicking things. I'm finding it hard to left and right click on things.

#34 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

Does anyone know how to disable the drag shit on the logon screen? I can't find anything :x There's a force classic logon in gpedit, but it isn't available in this and all I'm looking for is to remove the drag thing. nvm i fixed it ;)

Also would anyone be interested in a guide to changing/removing unnecessary things from this? Like editing the whole start menu, removing the action center, removing bloatware that you can't uninstall normally, things like that. Since I can totally write something up if anyone wants it ^^

Yes please!

Robots and fighting? What more could you want! What is this show called?

#35 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Yes please!

Here you go!! The guide's here ^^ Hope this helps!!

#36 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

Again, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

#37 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:06 PM

I think I'm going to wait a while on Windows 10... My friend says they installed in on their laptop, and it completely crashed the whole computer. They lost everything...

#38 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

I think I'm going to wait a while on Windows 10... My friend says they installed in on their laptop, and it completely crashed the whole computer. They lost everything...

External hard drives for backing important files up are a God send. =]

#39 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

Thank you very much! If and when my windows 8.1 laptop gets the Windows 10 treatment, I'll use this! :)

#40 HeavenlyRhino

HeavenlyRhino
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:12 AM

One super annoying thing I found is if you have any auto start programs other than Windows Certified programs like a VPN or something they tend to clash. My computer got worse and worse and eventually I had to downgrade. Also, I use 2 monitors and the start bar is on both of them. This is not something I like at all, as my start bar is on the left side and has been for 5 years. Any time I go back and forth from screens the start bar keeps popping up. The nail in the coffin is the complete invasion of privacy. There are so many ways in windows 10 that they are sending info to 3rd parties built into the OS. It has advertising built into it and seems like a useless upgrade. I feel as though Microsoft is benefiting much more from me upgrading than I would. They are probably making tons of money from these companies they are selling information too.

Case and point, they are giving it out for free in order to get as many people in their database as possible for their 3rd party leeches.

EDIT: I don't think I will upgrade.

Edited by HeavenlyRhino, 31 August 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#41 galactic

galactic
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

Yes please!

Robots and fighting? What more could you want! What is this show called?

Well Real Steel isn't that bad of a movie..

Anyways, I upgraded to 10 and have no regrets so far

#42 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

Thanks a lot! Just followed that thread you made, so that if I upgrade my windows 8.1 laptop to windows 10, I can do all the tips and tricks to make it more like 7.

#43 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

I'm getting a laptop for my birthday next week (I miss having one), and I'll finally have Windows 10 :p and original!

#44 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

Thanks a lot! Just followed that thread you made, so that if I upgrade my windows 8.1 laptop to windows 10, I can do all the tips and tricks to make it more like 7.

You're welcome man!! If you don't like it or you aren't too sure about things, don't delete your Windows.old folder since there's an option that allows you to roll back to your previous Windows installation ^^

#45 MelodyPond

MelodyPond
  • 159 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:03 PM

I have Windows 10 ready to download, but is it worth it to download now, or wait a few more months? I play Runescape as well as Neopets, but is anyone experiencing problems with Windows 10 so far?

#46 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

I have Windows 10 ready to download, but is it worth it to download now, or wait a few more months? I play Runescape as well as Neopets, but is anyone experiencing problems with Windows 10 so far?

I have not run into any compatability issues with anything with Windows 10. There are especially no issues with Neopets, or Runescape. 

#47 MelodyPond

MelodyPond
  • 159 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

I have not run into any compatibility issues with anything with Windows 10. There are especially no issues with Neopets, or Runescape. 

Okay, thank you so much, that is good to hear. I will wait until January to install it, just so they have more time to fix anything that there may be lingering around.

#48 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Okay, thank you so much, that is good to hear. I will wait until January to install it, just so they have more time to fix anything that there may be lingering around.

Why January specifically? I can almost guarantee you Windows 10 will work just as good now as it will in January. Might as well do it now.

#49 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

The only thing you may need to worry about is the hardware compatibility and drivers. If those are supported by default great then! If not try to google some workarounds. W10 will run smoothly for sure  ;)

#50 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

The only thing you may need to worry about is the hardware compatibility and drivers. If those are supported by default great then! If not try to google some workarounds. W10 will run smoothly for sure  ;)

^^ The only issue I've come across is with my roommates wireless card in his desktop. Windows 10 doesn't like it at all, so he is using my 300ft ethernet cable :[.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users