'Undercover' video from inside Planned Parenthood

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Loccy

Loccy
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

https://www.facebook...683970361873388

I've been reading through some of the trending posts and can't quite make sense of it all.

I was reading a long post about it by some yahoo named Matt Walsh (https://www.facebook...012804285419348) and honestly I thought it was satire until I reached the end and realised he was completely serious.

Has anyone seen the video? And what are your thoughts on it?

If anything it has made me see just how dangerous propaganda like this can be. I was reading through the posts (and god forbid, even some comment sections) and found myself being swayed for no good reason. I was reading peoples posts saying that they are evil, but offering no mitigating evidence. But once I stopped reading them, I came back to common sense and regained my original opinion.

In all honesty though, I believe that it is mostly bullshit. Even if those conversation did happen, they have been very tactfully edited to show the bias of the people who made it.

Edited by Loccy, 31 July 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#2 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

I'd love to know the truth behind it. The articles made me feel very uncomfortable.

#3 Loccy

Loccy
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

I'd love to know the truth behind it. The articles made me feel very uncomfortable.

I honestly believe that their isn't an ounce of actual truth in their allegations. And most of the comments by people quote the bible, so I immediately disregard whatever their point may be.

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

The video was edited to remove a lot of the context.

There is an obvious agenda here.

#5 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

Why would anyone need to buy fetus parts?

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

To eat, of course.

Seriously, though, this video is stupid. They're talking about supplying tissue for research, and covering the cost of transport. You might find it distasteful, but it is both 100% legal and 100% necessary.

#7 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

I've seen the unedited version of the videos and it really pisses me off how much anti-choice people lie. They claim to be the morally righteous ones but all we do is catch them in lies. They set up face crisis pregnancy centers and lie to women about how far along they are. they lie about offering to help them take care of the child when it's born. they lie about abortions causing depression and cancer. They lie about the prevalence of "partial birth" abortions. They lie about Planned Parenthood pushing abortions and forcing people into abortions. They lie about Planned Parenthood turning them away for refusing to get an abortion. They lie about their own damn abortions http://www.dailykos....by-Joyce-Arthur

Like how the hell do they expect us to believe their bullshit propaganda in the age of Google? I don't understand.

I wish there was a way to ban these people from receiving any medical care that was developed by research on tissue, they can all get polio for all I care.

Edited by Mishelle, 31 July 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#8 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

For science!

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

To eat, of course.

Probably more nutritionally dense than adult parts actually, because they wouldn't have had as much time to be tainted by environmental toxins.

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

The group that released that video is known for bombing Planned Parenthood centers, and one of their members assassinated a PP doctor. Another one is in jail for at least two years (I can't remember the exact time) for planning to bomb a PP center. This group also hacked PP systems and released the info of at least 300 employees. They also say they're going to post new videos every Tuesday. 

Congress votes on Monday weather or not PP will be defunded, which is exactly what this group wants. 

As you can tell, I'm also one of the people who thinks the whole thing is bullshit. 

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

I'm not completely au fait with the story but from what I can tell the anti-choice group have realised that they're unable to win with logic and reason and have resorted to out-of-context video propaganda intending to smear Planned Parenthood which they've also failed at? It's a shame that a lot of people will probably just see the videos and believe what they're being told without actually thinking about it and realising that the videos don't show anything illegal or unethical happening. So glad we don't have anything like that happening over here to anything like the same extent.

#12 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

People keep remarking on how emotionless the people in the video seem. Don't you have to be? You're trying to do something for science/research. I'm guessing you have to put some sort of wall up when it comes to sensitive things like this?

#13 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

I'm not completely au fait with the story but from what I can tell the anti-choice group have realised that they're unable to win with logic and reason and have resorted to out-of-context video propaganda intending to smear Planned Parenthood which they've also failed at? It's a shame that a lot of people will probably just see the videos and believe what they're being told without actually thinking about it and realising that the videos don't show anything illegal or unethical happening. So glad we don't have anything like that happening over here to anything like the same extent.

You are absolutely correct. That is the case.

One thing I do NOT miss having moved to Australia is the crazy anti-PP style activists. We always had a handful outside of the one near our research center where I worked, and they were awful.

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

You are absolutely correct. That is the case.

One thing I do NOT miss having moved to Australia is the crazy anti-PP style activists. We always had a handful outside of the one near our research center where I worked, and they were awful.

If I ever have to go to a PP and they're there protesting and yelling things, I'm going to march right up and say:

"I'm getting BC so I don't have kids and get an abortion, which you don't want. You're trying to prevent me from going in, which prevents me form getting my BC. So you're basically preventing me from preventing a situation in which I would need an abortion."

or this (depending on why I'm there):

"I'm here to get a test done (mammogram/pap/whatever) so I can keep living and not die from a disease I didn't catch because I didn't have a test. Can I go in now?" 

Though they won't listen and I'll just go:

"You're just angry. Abortions are the devils work. You're totally getting an abortion and just want us to go away so you're lying about it". 

Or something like that. 

I wish there was a logic ray gun I could shoot at people to make them actually understand logic. 

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

People keep remarking on how emotionless the people in the video seem. Don't you have to be? You're trying to do something for science/research. I'm guessing you have to put some sort of wall up when it comes to sensitive things like this?

It's not really any different to being a surgeon, or coroner, or medical student. Dispassion is a job requirement.

#16 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

Right? Idk what they were expecting them to do. Cry?

#17 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

I always think of this quote when people say they're 'pro-life'

nun.jpg

#18 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

If I ever have to go to a PP and they're there protesting and yelling things, I'm going to march right up and say:
"I'm getting BC so I don't have kids and get an abortion, which you don't want. You're trying to prevent me from going in, which prevents me form getting my BC. So you're basically preventing me from preventing a situation in which I would need an abortion."
or this (depending on why I'm there):
"I'm here to get a test done (mammogram/pap/whatever) so I can keep living and not die from a disease I didn't catch because I didn't have a test. Can I go in now?"

"You're just angry. Abortions are the devils work. You're totally getting an abortion and just want us to go away so you're lying about it".
Or something like that.

I wish there was a logic ray gun I could shoot at people to make them actually understand logic.

I was on my way to my schools clinic which is located inside of a hospital to pick up my birth control and this crazy ass woman stepped in front of my aunts car to make her stop and tell her there was one doctor in the entire damn hospital that does abortions and to ask me if I was getting an abortion.

#19 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

That is one awesome, logical nun. Her smile is a bit creepy though. 

I was on my way to my schools clinic which is located inside of a hospital to pick up my birth control and this crazy ass woman stepped in front of my aunts car to make her stop and tell her there was one doctor in the entire damn hospital that does abortions and to ask me if I was getting an abortion.

Oh no, one doctor out of hundreds! BURN IT DOWN! *horrified gasp* (I'm joking of course). 

#20 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

This is one rabbit hole I hate going down. It's heartbreaking the number of women who die worldwide because they are prevented from getting the abortion they needed due to medical complications, high risk pregnancies, etc. This bullshit grates on me especially because if I ever get pregnant (birth control, yay!), I will likely die or become more disabled without an abortion, due to having two medical conditions that make me incredibly high risk. This anti-choice PP propaganda makes me wanna slap someone.

#21 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:28 PM

My cousin had to walk in front of protestors to have her abortion, even though it was medically necessary and had she not done it, she would be dead and the baby wouldn't of made it to birth. A baby she tried to conceive and wanted to have but had no choice. It was hideous to watch her suffer and still be haunted by some peoples inability to accept that it is a legal medical procedure and is covered by Alberta health care. 

#22 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

My cousin had to walk in front of protestors to have her abortion, even though it was medically necessary and had she not done it, she would be dead and the baby wouldn't of made it to birth. A baby she tried to conceive and wanted to have but had no choice. It was hideous to watch her suffer and still be haunted by some peoples inability to accept that it is a legal medical procedure and is covered by Alberta health care. 

Sorry about your cousin. That really sucks. Abortion is a legitimate and necessary service that we, as humans, will probably need up until we're no longer require physical bodies. People just suck.

people-what-a-bunch-of-bastards-meme.jpg

#23 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

Always relevant

#24 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:13 AM

Or something like that. 

zpPYh.jpg

#25 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

They released a 5th undercover video today. Sigh. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users