Quantcast

Photo

Wow....have some very interesting data with my Abrosia (glitching hard for me)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:25 AM

So..Abrosia has always been very hit or miss for me, while ValorSuite has always been a hit. And I just discovered a huge issue, I paid for premium the other day..and maybe this is enough to warrant a refund for my purchase?

However I feel like that is not the case, and it might be my computer speed somehow? IDK.. I have a 2010 Macbook Pro, it is a little slow but nothing that could explain this..

http://imgur.com/WedieSZ

^When you click on that link and see a screenshot of my Abrosia that I took last night, you notice it attempted to grab 10 stamps, and failed to purchase any. This was also within a 1 hour period.

My settings during those misses were 0.4-0.6 for OCR and 0.4-0.6 for the other setting (page delay or whatever it's called) so when I noticed it did not even go to the purchase page for all those stamps (as indicated by them all being sold out) then I knew something was very wrong..meaning the program was so slow that the items did not even get to the pet captcha page.

So I ran a simple test and put a crappy stamp that I saw was currently in the post office into my manual text restock list in Abrosia, and a few seconds later Abrosia bought the stamp. It finally bought a stamp, as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/axJeJkL

This confirms that for whatever reason my Abrosia is just extremely slow, even when I put the buy times and refresh rates at extremely high rates.

The buy time for the stamp was 2500ms, and a normal buy time for grabbing good items as recommended by the creator of Abrosia is 1800-2200 ms. So, if this were a stamp that was profitable I would have been too slow to get it.

***This is where things get weird though, at this point I wanted to see how fast I could grab a stamp with the fastest possible Abrosia settings, so I set my settings to .001 to 0.1 for OCR and .001 to 0.1 for page delay.

This is what went down: http://imgur.com/M6AyIMN

Out of the 6 purchases of the same crap stamp, only one purchase had a quick and normal buy time of 2000ms, the rest went from 2600 to 3000 to as high as 4000ms. Can anyone help me out as to what the problem is? One second Abrosia will buy an item somewhat quickly and then the next time extremely slow.  Since I paid for advanced I would really like to figure this out soon, Abrosia has been hit and miss for me but mostly miss and now I have finally figured out it is not because of the program but because of something on my end.

My wifi is extremely fast and my computer lags every now and then, but I just can't see my sorta slow computer causing this..And it worries me that even at the fastest settings it just buys an item at around 2000ms.

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry for the wall of china text.

#2 xridz

xridz
  • 37 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

I dont think its not with abrosia, its about your connection to server is very far. 

I am from asia, like you before i buy advanced membership and and my setting prehaggle and ocr was 0.01-0.01 and my buy time is around 2k-3k.

#3 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:58 AM

Also keep in mind how many people are using Abrosia (and any other ABer), not to mention Stamps and Magic being the most popular. I think you're underestimating your competition.

#4 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

Neopets was lagging hard last night as well

#5 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

Neopets was lagging hard last night as well

Hmm!!! Ya..... the old-lag is back again. Holy Darn! :(

#6 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:42 AM

Definitely not the programs fault. It's most likely your internet connection speed and how far away you are from the neopets servers + if the site is buggy/laggy that can contribute to it as well.

#7 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

Yeah, sorry. I bought all those stamps

#8 Rickster

Rickster
  • 386 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

Lol this all about your connection and the server, no one here gets the same buy times all the time, one time ill have a buy time of a mediocre item uner 2 secs, then that same item could take over 10 secs on the next buy, you can only try to control what happens but its never gonna go 100% the way you want it, if it did i would have all the stamps and mps and you guys wouldnt have any.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

I'm in Europe and when I used to AB back in the day the very fastest I could buy an item would be around 2 seconds even with a very fast internet connection, your distance to the servers which Neopets is run on makes up the vast majority of the delay you see in buying items. :/ One way which people can get around that is to run Abrosia on a Virtual Private Server located in the US which will usually have a very fast connection and can make a dramatic difference to your buy speed. ;) You can get a 12 month trial for free on Amazon's AWS tier.

I was never too bothered about buy speed though, very fast buy speed is often a poisoned chalice and you'd be surprised what kind of results you can achieve with a slightly different approach to the entire ABing concept.

#10 Rickster

Rickster
  • 386 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

I'm in Europe and when I used to AB back in the day the very fastest I could buy an item would be around 2 seconds even with a very fast internet connection, your distance to the servers which Neopets is run on makes up the vast majority of the delay you see in buying items. :/ One way which people can get around that is to run Abrosia on a Virtual Private Server located in the US which will usually have a very fast connection and can make a dramatic difference to your buy speed. ;) You can get a 12 month trial for free on Amazon's AWS tier.

I was never too bothered about buy speed though, very fast buy speed is often a poisoned chalice and you'd be surprised what kind of results you can achieve with a slightly different approach to the entire ABing concept.

Well put, by poisoned chalice, are you referring to the potentiality of getting iced, or the realization that you still may not get the items you seek and constantly up the ante?

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

Well put, by poisoned chalice, are you referring to the potentiality of getting iced, or the realization that you still may not get the items you seek and constantly up the ante?

Getting frozen mainly. There's more than one way to skin a kitten, you don't need to buy high profit items to make high profits.

#12 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:20 AM

Getting frozen mainly. There's more than one way to skin a kitten, you don't need to buy high profit items to make high profits.

This. I have my profit margin set fairly low to where I get around 30 items daily. Combined profit is usually around 2m a day.

I also prefer buyable items because advertising and responding to NMs is tiresome.

Edited by xNarcotic, 18 August 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#13 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

Also keep in mind how many people are using Abrosia (and any other ABer), not to mention Stamps and Magic being the most popular. I think you're underestimating your competition.

The user earlier said it might be because I am far from the server? Maybe it's because I am on vacation in Mexico right now? First time I have used abrosia outside the US actuallly now that I think about it, and I purchased advanced membership in Mexico 2 days ago and will be here for another week.

And no the competition underestimates me, I have been making 10-20 million a week ABing in stamps for years. Whenever I get a r95+ stamp worth millions I call it a day, trust me I know what I am doing. It is also the only shop I autobuy in, and I never AB for more than an hour straight.

Normally if my Abrosia wasn't glitching or whatever last night, I would have grabbed 2 -3 of those stamps and would have called it a day.

Yup now I really think it's because I am on vacation in Mexico! Thanks for the info, I have Secureline VPN, going to use that and AB for a bit and I will let you guys know of my results.

*Man I am way too quick to jump to conclusions :/, Neopets is lagging like crazy right now so that might be the culprit as well. Or it's a combo of me being in Mexico and the lag

Edited by fiasco817, 18 August 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#14 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

And no the competition underestimates me, I have been making 10-20 million a week ABing in stamps for years. Whenever I get a r95+ stamp worth millions I call it a day, trust me I know what I am doing. It is also the only shop I autobuy in, and I never AB for more than an hour straight.

I still maintain that no matter how fast you believe your buy times to be, you're going to have less success in the most active shop than you would if you were elsewhere with less traffic.

Your competition isn't in the forums wondering why they're missing out on all the stamps, so I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say you're being underestimated.

#15 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

I still maintain that no matter how fast you believe your buy times to be, you're going to have less success in the most active shop than you would if you were elsewhere with less traffic.

Your competition isn't in the forums wondering why they're missing out on all the stamps, so I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say you're being underestimated.

That is something you maintain but something that just isn't true. The most active shops like Stamp and Magic, I only AB in stamps and usually after just 1 hour of ABing I grab 1 or 2 stamps worth 500k+ each and call it a day, as opposed to having to AB for hours grabbing a bunch of small items for 20k+ profits.  That is irrelevant to the discussion though, and to each his own anyways. Plus your last point is laughable. This is the first time this issue has happened to me, and I suspect it is because I am not in the US. My comment saying I am underestimated was just a tongue in cheek hyperbole comment, I was responding to the guy who said I am underestimating others because that is a ridiculous statement to make when he has no idea how much I make in the first place.

Usually I grab stamps daily and I love the profit and love the fact that I just click 'run abrosia' and then come back to my computer an hour later with essentially automatic neopoints. Most of the time I make great money, which is why I was concerned when encountering this error last night, especially since I paid for advanced and I would like the product I paid for to be working properly. Normally from those 10 stamps I missed, I would have definitely bought 2-3 from those 10.

#16 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

That is something you maintain but something that just isn't true. The most active shops like Stamp and Magic, I only AB in stamps and usually after just 1 hour of ABing I grab 1 or 2 stamps worth 500k+ each and call it a day, as opposed to having to AB for hours grabbing a bunch of small items for 20k+ profits.  That is irrelevant to the discussion though, and to each his own anyways. Plus your last point is laughable. This is the first time this issue has happened to me, and I suspect it is because I am not in the US. My comment saying I am underestimated was just a tongue in cheek hyperbole comment, I was responding to the guy who said I am underestimating others because that is a ridiculous statement to make when he has no idea how much I make in the first place.

Usually I grab stamps daily and I love the profit and love the fact that I just click 'run abrosia' and then come back to my computer an hour later with essentially automatic neopoints. Most of the time I make great money, which is why I was concerned when encountering this error last night, especially since I paid for advanced and I would like the product I paid for to be working properly. Normally from those 10 stamps I missed, I would have definitely bought 2-3 from those 10.

It's not laughable. I never said you'd profit more by going to another shop. It's obvious that buying in high end shops will yield more profit, because you only need one item to net millions of NP. I said you'd achieve more successful buys, which is what you were complaining about in the first place. There's an inverse relationship here. The more people there are buying, the less likely you are to get the item you find desirable. Buy settings aren't going to matter when 150 ABers are all going after the same Starry Shoyru Morphing Potion.

If there are 100 people ABing in Stamps, and 20 people ABing in Spooky Foods, you don't have to hold an advanced math degree to determine which shop you'd find the most success in, statistically speaking. Therefore latency, as well as the amount of people shopping at the same time are both factors to consider when discussing your missed purchases.

#17 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:06 PM

Wow, now it is buying items in the range of 3000-9000ms :(

sigh, lets see if it changes when I get back to the US, although i was just using a VPN now and still was getting these extremely slow buy times.

i just tested it on some random crap items that had high stock....wow guess I won't be buying Advanced membership again :(

don't know what else could be the problem

#18 Lilitu2

Lilitu2
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Really? I was about to renew my Advanced, but if you are in Mexico and having 9000ms buytime, here in Brazil I'll be hopeless.

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

Really? I was about to renew my Advanced, but if you are in Mexico and having 9000ms buytime, here in Brazil I'll be hopeless.

I never had that problem, it must be the internet connection as well. I used to get 2000-3000ms when the game was active and I still had interest.

#20 Lilitu2

Lilitu2
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

I never had that problem, it must be the internet connection as well. I used to get 2000-3000ms when the game was active and I still had interest.

Have you tried abing lately? The buytimes are still those? I havent been playing for the past two months. Any major changes like shops stocking less often?

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

Have you tried abing lately? The buytimes are still those? I havent been playing for the past two months. Any major changes like shops stocking less often?

Not much, but I did try to AB last month during HPD and got some fast buys. Shops should restock more now, with the auto-clearing system.

#22 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Wow, now it is buying items in the range of 3000-9000ms :(

sigh, lets see if it changes when I get back to the US, although i was just using a VPN now and still was getting these extremely slow buy times.

i just tested it on some random crap items that had high stock....wow guess I won't be buying Advanced membership again :(

don't know what else could be the problem

Report back once you give it a shot in USA. I am curious to see how the results vary.

#23 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:03 PM

Was the VPN hosted in the US? Also, slow free VPNs may actually slow down your buy times due to the slow loading times of each page, regardless of which country the VPN is. 

Yeah, it was located in Chicago, and guys I just figured out what was causing my problems and it is embarrassing :lol2:

haha ...so my Abrosia was working great when I bought advanced in June..I actually managed to grab an r99 worth over 10 million, but then suddenly half way through June it just did not grab me any items..

so I decided to skip buying advanced membership for July, and fast forward to today and I am still trying to figure out what is going on. Turns out the culprit of this issue was a Greasemonkey script I installed about mid June now that I remember, just around the time Abrosia stopped working for me as the buy times were too slow. However I did not notice the buy times were extremely slow until this week, and the Greasemonkey script I installed made it so that when clicking on an item in the Neopian shops, it would automatically put in the haggle amount and would proceed to click on the pet captcha, so all you had to do was click on an item and it would quickly do the rest for you. it was an awesome script for semi-legit restocking which I decided to try in mid June when obtaining this script.

So I am guessing that would interfere with Abrosia, as it functions in a similar way. So I turned off the greasemonkey script 2 hours ago and since then have gotten a 99k stamp, and a 300k stamp with a logged buy time of 1820ms!!

Just tested with some junk items and it is buying things quickly and normally now!

Lol finally Abrosiagate 2015 is over, 10/10 would purchase advanced again.  Wonder if anyone else has had this issue without realizing, man I am a nub sometimes. :funone2:

#24 Rickster

Rickster
  • 386 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Everyone else here seems to be doing quite ok, I myself made millions this morning to afternoon and 'Im quite happy. That was on my desktop however, for some reason my mac isnt doing anything, similar to the problems you are describing and I am in the US using the same lan connection i had plugged into my pc. 

See this has nothing to do with Abrosia, as my computer is the culprit, and Im soure some amount of digging around and settings adn reinstalling will fix this. The key here is obviously if abrosia works for you sometimes or on other computers, the griping about not buying advanced again is illogical and absurd, clearly this is in some form user error.

PS: Sorry for harshness didnt read Your last post after i read all the stuff before. Glad you got it solved, but I think the argument still stand for anyone thinking abrosia is junk because they are having trouble, so I will not delete it. Im glad you worked everything out, unfortunately i dont have any scripts installed or anything like that so I stil have some digging to do.

Edited by Silvermajra, 19 August 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

A greasemonkey script wouldn't affect Abrosia, it's just coincidental.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users