• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

So I am on the market for a must production software. I am looking for a program to be able to make some beats, add in some instruments and in some fancy things here and there and eventually release an EP for fun. I have been looking into programs but I need help on deciding.

I will be getting a PC so Logic Pro is out, although I used to work with that so I know the basics of certain things.

Now I know price is an issue but lets be honest I am going to get whatever program illegally so price is not an option. Has anybody used any music editing software? I know of the major ones like Ableton and FL studios but I was curious if anybody knew which one was easier/better in music standards.

#2 blackflamedeathwish

blackflamedeathwish
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

I have use Cubase, Sonar Professional ( I think you have to be registered with Roland, even if you pirate the software) , I haven't used Pro Tools, but a lot of people around here use and swear by it.

#3 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

I've used FL Studio in the past, and it's not bad and pretty easy (and fun) to work with. A lot of professionals use this software too. I'd recommend it :p

#4 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

It depends:

For MIDI/VST oriented music: Ableton

Regular DAW's: Cubase / ProTools

#5 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

@HiMyNameIsNick so MIDI/VST is more actually creating a sound in the program (like a dubstep beat) and DAW is like recording an instrument and just having a simple editing software correct? 

#6 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

@HiMyNameIsNick so MIDI/VST is more actually creating a sound in the program (like a dubstep beat) and DAW is like recording an instrument and just having a simple editing software correct? 

Well, not simple. Ableton its easier to use and more simple (IMO).

If you're a hobbyist, i would suggest Ableton, otherwise, stick to Cubase or ProTools, those are the nowadays standard software.

#7 DarkWolf

DarkWolf
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

i use everything on PC

i use a mix of things to make beats

Hip-Hop Ejay 2, 4, & 5

FL Studio

Beatcraft

and(mainly) Mixcraft Pro Studio 7.1

also use Mixcraft to record my verses, hooks and so-on, it has now became my main all-in-one program

#8 giosACyear

giosACyear
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

Been using fl studio and ableton for a while.

mainly producing things that range from pop to trance : D 

fl studio is my favorite for overall editting for how easy it is to learn it's tricks and the "quality of the software" pretty much depends on the plugins you are able to get.

I have around 50 gbs in plugins and i probably have only used 70% of it so far

Pretty much every plugin is easy to download, from the original source or not

But at the end of the day it comes down to what kind of music you're into making, hope it helps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users