• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#26 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

just watched the first episode. :heart: the main runway looks are a little underwhelming for me... maybe it's because of the theme itself which is to redo past runway challenges. none of the looks can touch the original winning looks... well, except kim chi that is. she really turned it out and i'm so proud of her!

i think naysha nailed her own coffin when she said it was the first dress she has ever made. GURL DID YOU EVEN WATCH PAST SEASONS OF DRAG RACE?!

laila did quite ok during the lipsync but i hope whoever lands on the bottom next can re-invent what to do during the keychange... dropping on stage/doing splits are so overdone at this point. it's boring! :/

overall, i enjoyed the premiere. my personal highlight is when robbie turner trying to come for sharon needles lmao.

#27 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

Watch the first episode, guys! http://www.logotv.co...season-8-ep-801

Also.. Laila did... ok? that headspin was better than Roxxxy Andrews'! I don't think she'll last much if she comes out in underwear more times... which is a lot of her style.

#28 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

from reddit -------> http://imgur.com/fvEo2Ta :lol2:

what do you guys think of untucked? i'm like damn... derrick looks so innocent and all but she's so ready to throw everyone under the bus!  :o  this britney wannabe is shadier than darriene lake! i feel bad for naysha... she seemed so devasted after the critiques. :/ i can't at kim chi asking her to stop worrying too much. i mean, it's so obvious she's at the bottom. leave her alone and let her rehearse for the lipsync, goddammit.

Also.. Laila did... ok? that headspin was better than Roxxxy Andrews'! I don't think she'll last much if she comes out in underwear more times... which is a lot of her style.

idk. previous queens have set the bar so high during lipsyncs.... i don't think i'll ever be completely slayed from their performances anymore unless one of them set themselves on fire or something. :lol2:

#29 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

Spoiler

#30 lillybaby

lillybaby
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

i havent seen the new season yet omg

#31 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

@lillybaby You're not too late in watching. Only two episodes have aired so far, but both episodes are an hour and a half w/ commercials.

#32 lillybaby

lillybaby
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:44 PM

its been soooo long tho lmaoo... i been watching it from season 1 i had to stop watching it for a while.. but these ladies slayyy

#33 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

major wtf at the double elimination. :doh: was ru on crack or something?! laila did great during that lipsync and dax, while her lipsync is sorta mediocre, offers a unique style of drag that deserves more exposure!

kim chi is sooo getting miss fame's treatment right now but actually i'm kinda ok with that. i've bought her little sob story and i don't wanna see her go.

OMG SHANGELA'S COMING NEXT WEEK!! :x3:

#34 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:19 PM

out of all the queens that ever pranced that workroom... they brought in naysha back? :doh:

cynthia was winning this lipsynch until robbie turner jumped off the stage. i am gonna miss her. :/

#35 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:31 PM

It was unfortunate that Cynthia was against Robbie in this lipsync. In any other season, circumstance, she would be a threatening lipsync assassin assuming she knows the lyrics, but Robbie just blew her out of the water. Her performance wasn't bad in any measure (maybe for not knowing the lyrics), but who can beat Robbie pirouetting on fucking roller skates? If Naysha wasn't thrown back into the competition, this would have been a decent shante you both stay. 

I do have one opinion about this episode: I wish ALL episodes were an hour and half like the first two episodes. Those episodes felt so strong, but this one felt so cut and dry and to the point. Sure, we had Thorgy's sad backstory, but the extra 30 minutes would have made the entire cast feel so much more "fuller". I noticed that a LOT of things were cut out (for example, pre-SHEALREADYDONEHAVEHADHERSESFSDJFJDSSHEMAILJGDSJF table banter and witty puns for the top girls. She just said safe to Thorgy and and condragulations to Bob. 

Also zero shade tree. Like, I'm not complaining, but if they're going to add something at least make it worth our time and attention in the episodes.

#36 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:17 AM

i just watched recap videos for the past 3 episodes instead of the full show because i'm a busy guy, goddammit. (not really)... btw, i rolled my eyes to the back of my head during the whole lucian-bob banter. it is not cute. bob is so full of herself. i can't. :(

i think this is the best runway yet this season. i love all these colours and the queens-especially acid betty- are really innovative in their designs! :wub:  my biggest pet peeve is when a show bings back a contestant only for them to be eliminated 1-2 episodes later. it's so boring. they should've brought in shangela.

#37 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

Is anyone else still gagging over Acid? The competition is already so tight. I don't want anyone to go home!

#38 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:08 AM

Is anyone else still gagging over Acid? The competition is already so tight. I don't want anyone to go home!

yeah, she's one of my pre-show favourites! :crybaby: i do admit her performance during the snatch game was a little lacklustre. but i think she's really original and ru should've kept her a little longer. the fact that most queens opted for boring-ass kimonos while she worn something out of the box (literally) really speaks volumes.

uhh who's left? :o i guess i'm team kimchi, chichi and bob now.

what do you think of derrick? i no longer can stand her... her britney impersonation during snatch game was not even that great (all hail queen tatianna) and her personality is blegh. :/

#39 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:39 AM

Bless her heart, I feel like Derrick is trying, and she's probably getting the boring edit, but I just did not like her Britney. Tati had a better Britney than she did and Derrick gets paid to Britney!

You pretty much nailed my top three. I've been team Chi Chi since pre-show, but Bob is really growing on me. And KimChi is just amazing.

Ugh, this makes me nervous for tomorrow. 

#40 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:29 AM

episode 8... kim chi totally slays the pack when it comes to fashion challenges. :heart: nobody even comes close. i'm so glad i don't have to listen to any more britney catchphrases... HALLELOO!

btw, the top 4 is disproportionately black. kim chi ftw!

#41 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:43 AM

I'm honestly surprised Derrick got that far. THOSE EYEBROWS.

#42 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:18 AM

I'm honestly surprised Derrick got that far. THOSE EYEBROWS.

girl u shady :lol2:

i rewatched that LFYL and she actually did... pretty good. but of course, bob deserves the top 4 spot more than her, methinks.

#43 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

I can't stand Bob anymore for the good life of me!

She always stands out EVEN WHEN she doesn't deliver what was asked. I mean, some challenges aren't even about making fun, the lipsync isn't about making fun, yet it is literally the only thing she delivers. Don't get me wrong, she's good, but I don't like how RuPaul bend the rules to suit what she've done.

#44 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:38 AM

I can't stand Bob anymore for the good life of me!

She always stands out EVEN WHEN she doesn't deliver what was asked. I mean, some challenges aren't even about making fun, the lipsync isn't about making fun, yet it is literally the only thing she delivers. Don't get me wrong, she's good, but I don't like how RuPaul bend the rules to suit what she've done.

yeah, bob comes across too try-hard since the first episode to me... and about rupaul, well that old hag has been playing favorites since long time ago. but she never picks a wrong winner... except maybe tyra sanchez. *shudders*

#45 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

yeah, bob comes across too try-hard since the first episode to me... and about rupaul, well that old hag has been playing favorites since long time ago. but she never picks a wrong winner... except maybe tyra sanchez. *shudders*

Do you remember Bianca Del Rio? If it isn't a wrong winner, then I don't know what it is.

#46 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Do you remember Bianca Del Rio? If it isn't a wrong winner, then I don't know what it is.

you're team adore? :lol2:

#47 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:45 AM

you're team adore? :lol2:

I'm team Gia Gunn to the bone!

Edited by Copycat, 27 April 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#48 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:46 AM

I'm team Gia Gunn to the bones!

yassss wonky eyes ftw! *z-snap*

#49 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

D58qwKL.gif

#50 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

gia gunn, laganja, adore and bianca counts for 80% of all the catchphrases of the ENTIRE rupaul's drag race franchise... such an extraordinary cast! :heart:

do we even have one good catchphrase this season yet? i can't tell. season 6>season 8 in that regard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users