Quantcast

Photo

Why does basic Abrosia switch stores when there are 0 items in stock?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:21 AM

Is there any way to make it stay on a store that has 0 items? Usually that means it was cleared and it has the best chance of stocking something good. I'd much rather be in a 0 item store than a 44 item store (which it where it usually stops cycling)

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

Try turning off restock ban checking. When a store is at zero, it goes and checks for a restock ban. I also believe there is an option under general settings, or under shop settings that deals with shop changing. My computers been broken for a while, so I can't heck on Abrosia right now.

The guide directory may be helpful for you:
http://www.neocodex....uide-directory/

#3 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

I have rs ban checking disabled in the main shop settings, is there another setting I should change as well?

As soon as I turn it on it cycles through 5 or so stores with 0 items and then settles on a 40+ item store, it's so annoying haha

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:51 AM

If you want it to just stay in one specific store, you could try an AB list to keep it in once place. There is also a change store setting when the shop is over a specific amount of items, you could turn that off as well. I know you said it cycles through stores that are empty, but it will also change when a store has been over a specific amount of items for a while. It cycles because it's trying to find a store that is stocked so t doesn't have to wait to be able to buy things basically. We don't exactly have an option to prevent the cycling directly, but there are some ways you can try and stop it.

#5 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

Oh I see, I'll try that too. Thanks! :) Maybe this option should be implemented now that shops clear automatically though, I think it would be really useful

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

Oh I see, I'll try that too. Thanks! :) Maybe this option should be implemented now that shops clear automatically though, I think it would be really useful

That's a really good suggestion for the program! Thank you! :)

#7 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

What do you mean by 'shops clear automatically now'? 

#8 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

Every few minutes or so, each main shop (on their own random pace) clear all their items and revert to 0 items now.

#9 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

Every few minutes or so, each main shop (on their own random pace) clear all their items and revert to 0 items now.

Ninjaed lmao

But yeah, shops clear randomly now, making it hard to tell if you got RS banned

#10 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:41 AM

I like to think that I inspired this change, although I quit for so long that I didn't even notice it until now haha

http://www.neopets.c...torial&week=416

Have you ever considered implementing a system in Neopia's shops that clear out all the un-bought stock every hour or two? Right know there are many stores that are clogged up with items that, if they are bought, result in a significant loss of Neopoints, so they just sit there and stop more valuable items from stocking. Sometimes restockers even buy out all these unprofitable items themselves (just to make room) and a couple of hours later the store is completely full of them again. ~tammyisbored
Re-balancing the prices of some items that are clogging up shops is also on our to-do list after we manage to get past the holidays. Clearing the shops would also be useful, but we'll have to consult our programmers on that one.

#11 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

I like to think that I inspired this change, although I quit for so long that I didn't even notice it until now haha

http://www.neopets.c...torial&week=416

Have you ever considered implementing a system in Neopia's shops that clear out all the un-bought stock every hour or two? Right know there are many stores that are clogged up with items that, if they are bought, result in a significant loss of Neopoints, so they just sit there and stop more valuable items from stocking. Sometimes restockers even buy out all these unprofitable items themselves (just to make room) and a couple of hours later the store is completely full of them again. ~tammyisbored
Re-balancing the prices of some items that are clogging up shops is also on our to-do list after we manage to get past the holidays. Clearing the shops would also be useful, but we'll have to consult our programmers on that one.

Oh wow, that iss your name there. xD

Well, with this rationale it's starting to make sense indeed.

#12 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

Oh wow, that iss your name there. xD

Well, with this rationale it's starting to make sense indeed.

Haha yeah, I sent in that question a few times. I used to be very serious about my legit rsing... Although I did not realize that I was submitting it with so many typos! Maybe they edited it to make me sound dumb haha

#13 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Is that your neo username at the end of that quote? If so, I'd remove it and change your display name on here as well. There are people who just lurk the site hoping they can report someone, weather or not that person actually cheats.

#14 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:11 PM

Is that your neo username at the end of that quote? If so, I'd remove it and change your display name on here as well. There are people who just lurk the site hoping they can report someone, weather or not that person actually cheats.

It's an old username, it's already frozen. Thanks for the advice though, you're completely right. I didn't think to keep things secret on here but now I will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users