Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:36 AM

Is it worth it?

#2 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

Is it worth it?

Depends on how much you play. If you're interested in the SSW (which was all I ever used) then you can pay less for ValorSuite Premium and get the same capability. I had a friend send me a referral and I forgot to cancel for like an entire year, but it was cool to have the SSW I guess. Some people speculate that if you're actually a paying member of Neo that you're less likely to get frozen, but who knows if that has any merit or not.

#3 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

I plan to get it when I'm more $$$ stable, I play neo more than its healthy too though. :unsure:

#4 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

As someone who used to pay for it when I was a legit player: no. The only "good" thing about it was the SSW for sniping purposes, but since AB is way more profitable, you're better investing in buying advanced membership here than on Neopets.
As for keeping you safe in terms of iced accounts as @talbs mentioned, I don't think that never really worked. And to make things worst, if you happen to have your premium account banned and encounter issues cancelling it, Neopets will continue to charge it for as long as they -apparently- want.

#5 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

Nope, not even TNT cares about premium anymore. If you are doing that to be safe against freeze, buy NC, it works a lot better.

#6 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

With how messed up their billing was they really didn't care about icings because people who got iced still got charged multiple times even though they obviously weren't receiving the service.

#7 testing321123

testing321123
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

Honestly, no.

Unless you're treating it as a donation.

Well, it may make your account look more "legit", less weirdos likely to report you for cheating (assuming you actually cheat on the account).

But still, nope.

#8 transparos

transparos
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:40 AM

I only use the SSW which I feel the premium not fully utilised

#9 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:45 AM

Depends if your legit then id say yes if not then hell no!!

The Mrs is more or less legit and shes got it mainly for SWiz and the fifth pet other than that she does not use the boards or other items.  She does say the premy wearable items are good tho.

#10 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:53 AM

I've actually got that glitch on my account now where I stopped paying for Premium like a year ago but I've still got a Premium account, still get all the Premium wearables and scratchcards for free. Happy days.

#11 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:59 AM

Nice Bee I have a few friends who also have this glitch and I don't think TNT will ever fix it.

#12 testing321123

testing321123
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

Question though,

I've seen post that say even after cancelling premium, neopets still sometimes continue to charge to the credit card.

What if you don't cancel premium, but instead you cancel your credit card.

Will neopets forget about it, and continue issuing premium for "free"?

#13 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

I have the premium benefits for over a year now and only paid for one month. They're not charging any money from me :)

#14 princesspeach

princesspeach
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

i also have the glitch right now that is giving me premium benefits for free. i think they issued a statement in the editorials a few weeks/months back about it. i'll try to dig it up. 

#15 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

Ah, so I'm not the only one with the premium glitch. Not that I mind, I see it as a reimbursement for Neo's overall decline/lag.

#16 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

Ah, so I'm not the only one with the premium glitch. Not that I mind, I see it as a reimbursement for Neo's overall decline/lag.

With the way the site tanked since it was took over from Viacom, they should do that as a last resort to stabilize the player base.

#17 ScarDefault

ScarDefault
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:28 AM

I'm with the glitch too. I don't know yet if this is good or bad... :S

#18 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

Huh, that glitch sounds pretty interesting. Is it that common? I don't care that much about premium, but if there's a good chance buying a month will give me lifetime premium, that's pretty neat.

#19 testing321123

testing321123
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

Huh, that glitch sounds pretty interesting. Is it that common? I don't care that much about premium, but if there's a good chance buying a month will give me lifetime premium, that's pretty neat.

At the same time, you risk having your cc charged even after cancelling premium.

Leaving you with no premium, and a monthly fee.

#20 princesspeach

princesspeach
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

Here it is from the editorial: (link http://www.neopets.c...orial&week=714)

Hi CQ! I'm really confused! So my Monthly Premium Subscription came to an end on the 16th November (after I had cancelled a few days before that) but I still have the Premium Toolbar and various other Premium Benefits. If I click Manage Membership it tells me I am not a member. I've checked my bank no money has been taken from me. A few Neofriends and other members on the Charter board are also in same position! I've sent a ticket as I don't want to get in trouble (because I haven't been paying for it) but it's been almost 2 months and no one has gotten back to me. :( I'm scared I will get in trouble, can you please tell me what is going on or what I should do? Thanks! ~ cherry_25
Hi, and don't worry, you can relax! We're aware it's happening, without getting into too much programming detail, we're essentially not having the system automatically remove a couple of the premium privileges, like the toolbar or boards, in an effort to make sure actual premium members do not lose those privileges. You did the right thing by sending a ticket, our team will get to it, but in the meantime don't worry, you won't get in trouble for this.

#21 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

At the same time, you risk having your cc charged even after cancelling premium.

...eh, that sounds more like a gamble I'm not willing to take :p Thanks for putting it into perspective.

#22 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

Is this still going on? Haven't they fixed it yet?

#23 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

Totally worth it because it reduces the chance of getting frozen..

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:17 AM

Totally worth it because it reduces the chance of getting frozen..

No, it doesn't.

#25 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:23 AM

No, it doesn't.

Well I know many people who had better services when contacting TNT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users