Quantcast

Photo

What is the stupidest thing you've done?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:16 AM

I was a conference chair of a statewide student organization and with so much personal shit going on, I chose to bite the bullet and see the thing through instead of being responsible and prioritize my wellbeing first. With conferences, as with any planned event, Murphy's law is omnipresent. There was a weed report (conference was drug free) made in the hotel, the trophies and placards did not arrive on time, and the hotel didn't process all the paperwork (we sent the info a fucking month in advance) and we had to pay 30 bucks more per room for the people who registered early. Those problems are the smallest problems that I faced.

The keynote didn't have a room, our banquet hall was not reserved so we made last minute arrangements in a different hotel, and the programs were not printed. I admit some of it was my fault like the programs because I lost track of emails, but the hotel venue was just plain a mess. I called them a week, 3 days, and then the day before to confirm everything and the two people I talked two confirmed everything.

The conference ended without a hitch (in the eyes of everyone else except for those who worked with me) which was nice and everyone loved the experience. Feedback could have been better, but I couldn't complain. The main complaints were the extensive schedule (unavoidable), the walk between venues (it was a two block fucking walk) and I looked like shit.

Now for the darker side of things. I was so glad the conference took place during spring break. Hours after going home, I was rushed to the hospital and was hooked up to an IV for 3 days. I also lost some of my hearing in my right ear because of extreme stress and fatigue. I missed the first two days back in school because of it. My friends thought I was on vacation.

#27 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

Not me, but funny story nonetheless.

A kid I used to go to school with was so thick, when he was told to put a hole in a cardboard box for a project we had to make, the dipshit sat the cardboard on his leg and used a pair of scissors to stab a hole in the box, into his leg..............

Psycho style, raised the scissors above his head and BAM! 

tumblr_lz6q83rJw51qgtcjko1_500.gif

Oh my God! This made me laugh too much! Geez.

#28 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Dated my best friend, then we cut it off. Wasn't really anything serious. Were still friends but inside I regret it so deeply. :C

#29 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Dated my best friend, then we cut it off. Wasn't really anything serious. Were still friends but inside I regret it so deeply. :C

Hey, I did that too. We were friends with benefits for two years and decided to try the dating thing. We were friends before we were FWB so when two weeks of us dating went by, we realized that was a mistake, "broke up" but remained the best friends we are today.

#30 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

Oh I just remembered another thing lmao a few months ago for the heck of it I decided to get drunk on a wednesday, by myself, just sat in bed downing tequila shot after tequila shot. I get drunk and sober up pretty quickly so I figured I'd be fine by morning. Nope I had the worst hangover lmao and I had to call in from work.

#31 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

The crime thread I made on Codex.

#32 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

The crime thread I made on Codex.

Nooo. That was awesome. Exposed so much hypocrisy. I loved it lmao

#33 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

I dropped a subject out in 2014 that prevented me from doing a ton of other subjects in 2015 and 2016. Worst decision ever.

I don't know how is it in your country (I imagine it is the same) but I cannot take, for instance, Language II if I haven't passed Language I. Well, that happened to me but with like 4 subjects that were related to the one I dropped out.

#34 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:25 PM

My sandals broke at work and they were my favorite pair. So I found some super glue in the supply closet and went to sit on the back porch to glue it back together. I twisted and twisted, but that fucking cap would not come off. I look over it carefully, and it turns out it's pull off. My gleeful self immediately pulled the cap off before checking to make sure it wasn't all crammed to the top and strung super glue across my lap. It seeped through my jeans and that's the story of how I glued my pants to my legs.

#35 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

Decided to not take a statistics class and instead test-out. Hands down dumbest thing ever.

I still cannot fucking grasp critical values, p-values and how that works with linear relationships and hypothesis testing. Kill me now.

I actually had this exact decision to make this semester. To take an awful biostatistics class or skip it entirely because it only became a mandatory course this year and so it didn't affect me. I took the course... I'm really regretting it so far lol

#36 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

When I was 16 going on to 17 and a little at 18, I turned into a slut and got into the double digits with the amount of guys I slept with.
All of them objectified me and treated me like crap. One of them got a girl friend later and then broke up with her and had the audacity to try get into my pants again. I feel like such a loser and dickhead for doing that and stooping so low. and it's easy to blame my actions on other shit that was going on in my life, but I'm not going to because I could have easily stopped but I didn't. Guess I wanted the attention and for someone to accept me. I stormed out of that guys house that day and cried while I ran back home that I was so stupid to fall back into his trap and for allowing him to treat me like that. Literally his words were "why don't you wana fuck what happened to you just suck me off not that hard why did you change".
After that day I became stronger and had a lot more self value.
A few months later I met my boyfriend and here we are 2 years later stronger than ever loving each other and respecting each other's histories and the people we are today. :)

#37 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

When I was 16 going on to 17 and a little at 18, I turned into a slut and got into the double digits with the amount of guys I slept with.
All of them objectified me and treated me like crap. One of them got a girl friend later and then broke up with her and had the audacity to try get into my pants again. I feel like such a loser and dickhead for doing that and stooping so low. and it's easy to blame my actions on other shit that was going on in my life, but I'm not going to because I could have easily stopped but I didn't. Guess I wanted the attention and for someone to accept me. I stormed out of that guys house that day and cried while I ran back home that I was so stupid to fall back into his trap and for allowing him to treat me like that. Literally his words were "why don't you wana fuck what happened to you just suck me off not that hard why did you change".
After that day I became stronger and had a lot more self value.
A few months later I met my boyfriend and here we are 2 years later stronger than ever loving each other and respecting each other's histories and the people we are today. :)

Just so I'm not assuming incorrectly, but what you're saying is that people who sleep around have no self value?

The stupidest thing I've done... Eating a weed brownie and then looping and then having a bad trip. Had flashbacks for ages, which turned into a Generalized Anxiety Disorder with comorbid depression. I missed so much school because I had to stay at home. I was terrified of everything. The sense of impending doom and not being able to do anything about it lasted for almost a year. Have been having problems with wonky psychological health ever since. 

#38 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:51 AM

Just so I'm not assuming incorrectly, but what you're saying is that people who sleep around have no self value?

I think you've got the cause and effect the wrong way around. I think she meant that she had no self value and that led her to sleep around to try and get that value from an external source, rather than that because she slept around she lost value for herself (and therefore for people who sleep around in general). But I could also be wrong haha

Edited by tammyisbored, 23 May 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#39 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

I think you've got the cause and effect the wrong way around. I think she meant that she had no self value and that led her to sleep around to try and get that value from an external source, rather than that because she slept around she lost value for herself (and therefore for people who sleep around in general). But I could also be wrong haha

Eh, that sounds logical. Good thing I asked before I went off on a tangent. 

#40 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

I regret losing one of my best girl friend and not talking to her ever again until a few weeks ago. She's not the same and we're barely speaking.

#41 Rowlet

Rowlet
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:09 AM

When I was a young child, I set my bed on fire. I had one of those kitchen toy sets with all the plastic food and set what I wanted to eat on my bed. The little engineer I once was apparently then figured out how to work a candle lighter, and voila. Arguably pretty badass, rather than stupid.  

#42 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

Waste 2 years on a girl who couldn't give two shits about me. Then finally started caring when I was leaving her -- too late.

Same exact thing, except make it 4 years instead of 2.

It didn't really help that she tried to guilt me into staying by saying she had cancer and would refuse treatment if I left.

She didn't really have cancer at all I found out later.

#43 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Same exact thing, except make it 4 years instead of 2.

It didn't really help that she tried to guilt me into staying by saying she had cancer and would refuse treatment if I left.

She didn't really have cancer at all I found out later.

Wooaaahhh o-o That's some psycho shit. You dodged a bullet there D;

#44 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

Staying up til 5am and watching 'The Boy' last night with friends was pretty stupid.

I wanted to be asleep at like 11pm I was so tired. 

However it meant a friend didn't drive home drunk and I built a blanket fort, so it balances out 

#45 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

My whole life is a timeline of stupidity but I think the first really stupid thing I did was when I was five and I put all my winter gear on and climbed up the monkey bars in the middle of winter. I fell off and split my chin open, I have a gross scar there now.

When I was 6 I really needed to poop and my uncle was in the bathroom so I pooped in the toy box and when my Mom found it I told her a cat did it, we didn't even have a cat.

When I was 10 I tried to show off by swinging on this tarzan rope at the indoor public pool. As I was swinging out I decided to go upside down on the rope and I did it successfully, as I am swinging upside down I shit you not, ten year old me winked at the hot lifeguard just seconds before I smashed my head on the wall and got knocked out because I didn't let go. 

When I was 12 I got in a stupid little fight with my brother and told him I was going to call the cops on him and I dialled the number and accidentally pressed talk. When I realized I actually called I freaked out and hung up, so the 911 operator called back and I didn't know what to say, I didn't want my brother to get in trouble so I lied and told them I actually didn't know where my parents were and they left us home alone. The cops showed up to check on us and by then my Mom was home from work and was able to clear up that my 16 year old other brother was babysitting but I got in so much shit.

When I was 17 I got super drunk and went bridge jumping with a bunch of my friends. Literally we just got drunk and jumped off a bridge. I can't believe I did that, incredibly reckless. When I swam out of the water my legs were numb and I was covered in leeches. I ripped my clothes off and ran naked back to my friends. 

After that I settled down and the stupid things I've done since then were normal adult stupid things. Like maybe drinking too much one night or betraying the trust of the one person who loves me unconditionally yada yada yada you know. 

#46 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

After that I settled down and the stupid things I've done since then were normal adult stupid things. Like maybe drinking too much one night or betraying the trust of the one person who loves me unconditionally yada yada yada you know. 

Just slide that in there lmao.

So casual.

Also the leeches part.... I forgot about those. 

I've had one on me in my entire life and I will never forget how disgusting it was.

#47 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

Just slide that in there lmao.

So casual.

Also the leeches part.... I forgot about those. 

I've had one on me in my entire life and I will never forget how disgusting it was.

Lol the wounds from that incident are still fresh even if it's been like 3 years. :p So I figured I won't get into that. 

But the leeches.. ughhh. I had like 10 of them on my BUTT and legs. First and only time I've ever had them on me.

#48 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

But the leeches.. ughhh. I had like 10 of them on my BUTT and legs. First and only time I've ever had them on me.

YOUR BUTT? Hell no. I was like 7 when I met my demise with the leech. 

As a teenager I feel I'd be truly traumatized. Also since you were drinking I assume you had no remedies for them so... even worse.

#49 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Exactly what tammy said! I was going through a lot of shit back then so sleeping around was my way of trying to gain some sort of acceptance from somebody.

@Tauriel you just reminded me of all the stupid stuff I've done as a kid xD
When I was in preschool in Russia during the winter time, I decided to lick a metal fence in -20 degrees Celsius weather. Needles to say the teachers had to boil a kettle for me.
When I was 5, I was rollerblading around the house in my older brothers rollerblades (which were 10 sizes too big), I slipped and crashed into the backyard door and it shattered all over me. Around the same time I also thought it was funny to rub onions on my eyes and run around crashing into walls with burning eyes.

When I was 6, I went on a road trip with my dad and older siblings. My 16 year old brother at the time was fully capable of doing back flips into the pool, and so he did them. I decided I could to. so I do my backflip and instead of landing into the water, I landed on my head on the corner of the pool where the concrete was.

Sigh. Being a kid was fun.

#50 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

Wooaaahhh o-o That's some psycho shit. You dodged a bullet there D;

That's not even the worst thing she did to me, but that's a story for another time.

We were engaged and pretty close to getting married. Something didn't feel right and I bailed, I used to feel guilty because "What if I'm wrong."

Looking back on it, I did the right thing.

And besides, I'm way happier now with who I'm with now than I ever was any of my exes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users