22 replies to this topic

#1 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:46 PM

HOW TO FIND FREE WORKING PROXIES

Greetings, traveler! If you cheat on Neopets, you probably know what is a proxy and their importance. In case you don't know what is a proxy, @ortin explains it here. Basically, when you connect to a proxy, TNT can't see your real IP. Instead, they see the IP of the proxy you are using, so they don't know if your main account is linked to the other accounts you cheat in. Proxies are essential to transfer NPs and items, playing on someone else's account, etc. However, a lot of people can't find working proxies, or find some that are slow as hell. I used to search for free proxies in sites, but after a lot of stress using them, I found a better way to get them. In this guide I will teach you how to easily get working and fast proxies.

GATHER PROXY

Gather Proxy is a program that allows you to search for a list of proxies. On this program, there's also a proxy checker option, so the process is really fast and simple. You can download Gather Proxy here (or, if you want a direct link, click here). After that, extract and open the program, and follow the simple instructions below.

TUTORIAL

When you open the program and press Continue Free, you will see this interface.

0293d1cefe.png

In the top of the program, there are a few tabs.

Gather Proxy: the main tab. This tab is where you start to search for proxies, and will bring you some IPs and ports.

Proxy filter: on this tab, you may choose some settings like "only proxies with xxx", "remove proxies with xxx", etc. I never use them, but they are available if you want to use for some reason.

Proxy checker: the second most important tab for us. After searching for proxies, the program will check them and show you their regions, anonymity levels, speed, etc.

I think these are the only tabs that matters for us, so lets continue. After choosing your settings, I recommend you to check the Start proxy checker after gathering completed if you want. It doesn't make much difference but it will automatically start to checking proxies so perhaps you save some time.

8017fac97c.png

Now, click Start and wait for the program to give you a list of proxies and their information. In the end you will have something like this:

e75ae7a8d1.png

I normally pick only Elite proxies since they have the higher anonymity level. However, feel free to pick Anonymous as well. Transparent proxies are useless for us since they show your real IP, never use them. Now that you chose your proxy, right click it and you will see this:

eae57091c2.png

You can either click Set as proxy for *your browser here* or copy to clip board and manually insert it. If you don't know how to set a proxy, here goes a tutorial.

On Google Chrome:

Spoiler

CONCLUSION

Proxies are extremely necessary when you want to cheat on Neopets, and I hope this program and guide makes the process to find and use proxies easier for you. Always be organized with your proxies. I have a notepad with the list of accounts and the proxies I use on them (I often have to change them, but it helps me keeping them organized). Also, don't forget to turn your proxy on/off when changing accounts. I sometimes login an account with the wrong (or none) proxy and it never resulted in a frozen, but be aware that it makes you run the risk.

Thanks for reading my guide and I hope that it was useful for you!

Good luck!

#2 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:50 AM

Good guide. I've used gather proxy in the past but it's nice to see a guide thrown together with pics for those who aren't able to figure it out. Good work @Hikimaru

#3 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:34 AM

Thanks! The program itself is really easy to use but a lot of people probably didn't know abour it so I hope it helps someone.

#4 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:46 AM

Yup, I have never used a proxy and never knew how to for that matter. I knew zero anything about proxies. 3 reps aren't enough for a day, I need more reps so I can Rep this.

#5 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

I hope you can use them now. Feel free to ask if you have any questions :)

#6 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

Very well written guide!

I never used proxies so I never knew how easy it was, but I do have a question. Since anyone can use this program, what are the chances of different people end up using the same proxy?

#7 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

Very well written guide!

I never used proxies so I never knew how easy it was, but I do have a question. Since anyone can use this program, what are the chances of different people end up using the same proxy?

Way too small.

#8 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:18 AM

I hope you can use them now. Feel free to ask if you have any questions :)

Oh I am sure I will. :) but today is major moving day so I will practice tomorrow :)

#9 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:23 AM

Way too small.

I want numbers.

And what are the chances of another neopets' cheater use the same proxy as you? Could that explain why you (or anyone else) have such bad luck with shells?

#10 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:30 AM

I want numbers.

And what are the chances of another neopets' cheater use the same proxy as you? Could that explain why you (or anyone else) have such bad luck with shells?

There's literally no way to give you numbers xD If you want to stay safe follow my guide for private socks/proxies  :rolleyes:  Most of the proxies you see on those programs are mostly used for blackhat uses. Such as spam and so on. Considering there's literally thousands of proxies and most of them die within a few minutes the odds of somebody else using them at the same time as you or for the same reason (neopets) are like 1 in a few thousand (?). I can talk for myself yes I try to see how far they go :p I never use public proxies  :rolleyes:  So I know that wasn't the reason I got frozen :p

#11 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:34 AM

Considering there's literally thousands of proxies and most of them die within a few minutes

Does that mean the proxy I'm using can suddenly stop working and I have to search for another to continue playing NQI legit?

#12 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Does that mean the proxy I'm using can suddenly stop working and I have to search for another to continue playing NQI legit?

Yes

#13 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:56 AM

Yes

Not suspicious at all!
Thank you.

#14 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Not suspicious at all!
Thank you.

Hence that's why you should use it on shells or something or get some private ones  :rolleyes:

#15 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

Most important, how do you even bother playing NQI legit? I'm using an autoplayer and only the fact that it keeps closing makes me mad.

By the way, when my proxies die, I get a new one and continue to use in the same account. I NEVER had any problem doing this, so I think it's 100% safe, but I may be wrong. I never thought that it could be a problem as well.

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

Most important, how do you even bother playing NQI legit? I'm using an autoplayer and only the fact that it keeps closing makes me mad.

By the way, when my proxies die, I get a new one and continue to use in the same account. I NEVER had any problem doing this, so I think it's 100% safe, but I may be wrong. I never thought that it could be a problem as well.

Ahah xD the NQI was just an example -I said that like I could've said anything else (a kinda of an inside joke between me and Jinxed, I guess e.e).
I never used proxies so I didn't know anything about the subject, I just had to ask. :)

#17 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

Ahah xD the NQI was just an example -I said that like I could've said anything else (a kinda of an inside joke between me and Jinxed, I guess e.e).
I never used proxies so I didn't know anything about the subject, I just had to ask. :)

Ah hahaha glad to know, I'd be worried otherwise. I promised to myself I would never play this game legit again after dying in the last boss of InSaNe mode.

I hope your question has been clarified now XD

#18 knarthas1313

knarthas1313
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

Thanks for this! Will for sure use this when I need to set up my proxies. Currently only have one shell that im using. Haven't messed with using more than one. 

#19 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:43 AM

No problems! I hope you have a good time using this guide :)

#20 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:20 AM

Thank you for putting this together!! ;; Repped

#21 TrashcanV3

TrashcanV3
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

I'm not able to use ports 80 and 8080. Any workaround this issue?

#22 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

does this program work on mac? been trying to download it but it just opens the VLC program :S

#23 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

does this program work on mac? been trying to download it but it just opens the VLC program :S

I don't know, never tested it on mac, sorry :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: free, working, proxies, proxy, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users