Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

Eh...

I6z8O0I.jpg

Been converting them into catnip toys.

#27 RedAnastasia

RedAnastasia
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

I never really bought any plushies or anything, but I had so many of those little McDonald's toys. I think I still have some of them lying around too although they might just as likely be in the bin :p I also bought some of the little TCG booster packs purely for the codes that came with them. Do they still do those codes? I have no idea, but they were fun at the time!

Oh and also when I was super young I used to buy those neopets magazines. I loved them at the time but I think they stopped producing them pretty quickly sadly.

#28 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:54 PM

I used to, back in the day. But I've since moved, and had about two decades to lose the stuff... so I don't anymore.

#29 DDPink

DDPink
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

Eh...

I6z8O0I.jpg

Those are so cute! And still don't look too bad.

#30 ScarDefault

ScarDefault
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:35 AM

Eh...

I6z8O0I.jpg

I like it

Edited by ScarDefault, 26 May 2016 - 04:35 AM.

#31 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:00 AM

None at all honestly. Where I lived when I was younger, the closest place that sold the stuff was a 2 hour drive away...which is good honestly because within a couple years I moved on from neo...and definitely didn't want the merch anymore. Though I imagine my daughters would have loved those plushies.

#32 TrashcanV3

TrashcanV3
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:16 AM

I got a neopets plush toy from a Mcdonalds Happy meal 10 years ago. Gave it to the good ol salvation army

#33 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

I used to have a few plushies and cards in 2007, but I have no idea what happened to them 

#34 ClemsonMark

ClemsonMark
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

I own some of the TCGs bought them for the codes though!

#35 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

I own some of the TCGs bought them for the codes though!

Oh yeah, I also got those for the codes!

#36 meody

meody
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

I had a purple kacheek plushie but lost it somewhere years ago.

Edited by meody, 26 May 2016 - 12:41 PM.

#37 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

I've got quite a few of the macca's toys I picked up at the Salvos. And a bunch of trading cards and temporary tattoos I got for the SFC's. But that's about it.

#38 kbexx

kbexx
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

I had the handheld game toy thing that had a weird version of turmac roll and bullseye on it. Not sure where it is, though. I also have puzzle adventures for DS. Bought an ex-rental copy on ebay last year for ~$5. I redeemed the codes that had been unlocked already, but can't be bothered to get the rest of the codes.

#39 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

I have a camo kougra plushie in a box somewhere. And I have thousands of those stupid tcg cards in a binder that weighs 60 pounds.

#40 shun128

shun128
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, I have one left, which is a Red Grundo figure that a friend gave me a few years ago. I did use to have an orange Blumaroo plushie as a kid, but one day I was throwing it a few times, but then I accidentally threw it on the roof of the house I used to live in. Also, I had a Yellow Wocky plushie, and I actually tried to paint red LOL

I really miss Neopets merchandise. I wish that JS could release them as Burger King and McDonald's Happy meals. I would happily order a kids meal just to get my hand on them.

#41 RedHyena

RedHyena
  • 77 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, I have one left, which is a Red Grundo figure that a friend gave me a few years ago. I did use to have an orange Blumaroo plushie as a kid, but one day I was throwing it a few times, but then I accidentally threw it on the roof of the house I used to live in. Also, I had a Yellow Wocky plushie, and I actually tried to paint red LOL

I really miss Neopets merchandise. I wish that JS could release them as Burger King and McDonald's Happy meals. I would happily order a kids meal just to get my hand on them.

Same here! The old McD's toys actually look pretty good. Who knows, maybe JS will eventually do something that makes Neo popular enough again that would warrant happy meal toys :p

#42 kbexx

kbexx
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Same here! The old McD's toys actually look pretty good. Who knows, maybe JS will eventually do something that makes Neo popular enough again that would warrant happy meal toys :p

Maybe? But I feel like it just isn't the right sort of platform for kids anymore. The games that little kids play are things where there is a lot more instant gratification. You see progress quickly, and goals are more short-term ones, rather than things you work towards for a long time. If they somehow got neo to be attractive to kids in that way, it wouldn't be the same.

I'm a little pessimistic I suppose! 

#43 RedHyena

RedHyena
  • 77 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

Maybe? But I feel like it just isn't the right sort of platform for kids anymore. The games that little kids play are things where there is a lot more instant gratification. You see progress quickly, and goals are more short-term ones, rather than things you work towards for a long time. If they somehow got neo to be attractive to kids in that way, it wouldn't be the same.

I'm a little pessimistic I suppose! 

Yeah, I guess that's true. :( 

Sort of interesting, I remember reading that AMA thread with Donna and she said she'd kinda wished they hadn't done McDonald's promos at all, because kids weren't really their target audience in the first place.. or something like that. 

#44 kbexx

kbexx
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, I guess that's true. :(

Sort of interesting, I remember reading that AMA thread with Donna and she said she'd kinda wished they hadn't done McDonald's promos at all, because kids weren't really their target audience in the first place.. or something like that. 

Yeah, I remember reading that too. But I mean, if they hadn't hooked most of the current user base as children, would the site still be going?

#45 RedHyena

RedHyena
  • 77 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I remember reading that too. But I mean, if they hadn't hooked most of the current user base as children, would the site still be going?

Yeah, probably not. 

It's a bit of a wonder that it's still going anyway. But I'm glad's surviving for now :p 

#46 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

I had a Faerie Land themed Neopets Deluxe World handheld game. Pretty cool stuff man

#47 Alyson

Alyson
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:16 AM

Got gifted a kacheek plushie when I first started obsessing over the site, but it's now stashed along with the 9898462 other soft toys I've amassed over the years  :lol2:

#48 DDPink

DDPink
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

Anyone ever own that one Neopets PS2 game?

Was it good?

#49 shun128

shun128
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Was there ever any merchandise made for Eyries, Grarrls, and limited edition species?

#50 Alyson

Alyson
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Was there ever any merchandise made for Eyries, Grarrls, and limited edition species?

Google says there's mcdonald grarrls plushies  :lol2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users