Virginity

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:58 PM

@Coops man, that sucks. I'm really grateful that my immediate family has always been pretty open about sexuality. It must be awful to have to go to a distant relative to try and get some basic info and then feel guilted into admitting it like wanting to know about your own genitals is some big crime.

#27 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:01 PM

@Coops man, that sucks. I'm really grateful that my immediate family has always been pretty open about sexuality. It must be awful to have to go to a distant relative to try and get some basic info and then feel guilted into admitting it like wanting to know about your own genitals is some big crime.

Yeah. It does. It's incredibly telling, in my opinion, that my sister in law wanted information and then felt so badly about getting it, that she came 'clean' so to speak. The worst thing to me though was that when I met my husband, he'd never masturbated, because his mother ingrained the idea that if he did he was a dirty, disgusting worthless human being in his head. It took years for me to convince him it was fine to masturbate and to have a healthy, positive view of sexuality. 

#28 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

Yeah. It does. It's incredibly telling, in my opinion, that my sister in law wanted information and then felt so badly about getting it, that she came 'clean' so to speak. The worst thing to me though was that when I met my husband, he'd never masturbated, because his mother ingrained the idea that if he did he was a dirty, disgusting worthless human being in his head. It took years for me to convince him it was fine to masturbate and to have a healthy, positive view of sexuality. 

Oh man, that's super messed up :( Sexual repression could be argued to have had an important role historically, but it's just damaging to the individual in modern times. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users