Quantcast

Photo

If you could send a text to yourself 5 years ago, what would you write?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:44 AM

Which part?

The first one :p  I can deal with my depression/anxiety.

#27 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

The first one :p  I can deal with my depression/anxiety.

And here I was getting ready to send the second part. :(

#28 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

The next five years are going to be some of the most devastating years of your life: your brother is going to die, you're going to be diagnosed with two lifelong, excruciating genetic conditions, you're going to have multiple brain surgeries, you're going to barely survive your marriage, but you will make it to the other side. Don't give up. Don't kill yourself. Your life is valuable, you are loved, you are important and you are going to change people's lives by choosing to live. You can do this. Breathe.

#29 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

"Please, start caring about yourself more, also, get better friends, yours suck.

Anxiety is fine, just don't let it ruin MORE opportunities"

#30 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

stop eating bad food, do some exercise, put off some weight and stop being so fucking shy 

I did all that three years ago, wasted half of my secondary school 

#31 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

stop eating bad food, do some exercise, put off some weight and stop being so fucking shy 

I did all that three years ago, wasted half of my secondary school 

I wish I got my shit together three years ago, I wouldn't have wasted half of college. :( Good for you!

#32 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

Invest in and mine bitcoins.

#33 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:54 AM

Why is this in chit chat when it's a genuinely interesting topic?

I don't think I'd bother. I wouldn't change anything. Might warn myself that some things were coming but it would turn out okay, for the peace of mind I suppose

#34 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Go to England and don't look back.

#35 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

Don't worry, just hold on and it all turns out out okay; you get there eventually. Also, get to a fucking gym.

#36 Kwi

Kwi
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

I'd tell myself that everything got better in high school. (which it did)

^Something along these lines, but also that there is so much more beyond high school. All that high school drama about popularity, and who gets invited to what party is so insignificant in life - that one day, you will not care about it anymore. You will meet lots of interesting quirky personalities at university who will envcourage you to be more yourself and to embrace your own character.

tl;dr: Life gets even better after high school. 

#37 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

i'd write a list of all the stocks that went up tbh. but then if my past self went and bought those stocks, my current self would be a totally different person. wouldn't the current me die? D: 

#dontfuckwithtimekids

#38 Userman

Userman
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:48 AM

Your about to start college, dont fuck it up by taking to many classes at once and  failing them because the workload is to much.

#39 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:04 AM

5 years ago I would have told myself to not get married...or at least to not be as trusting of people even though I've known them for a decade. People are able to change and are able to hide their true selves even from themself. I'd tell myself to keep trucking on because I'll have 2 gorgeous daughters, to not move away from friends and family for the woman you think you want to spend your life with because the ultimate test of strength is apologizing to those same people for being such an idiot and not listening to them when they warned you. I'd tell myself to stick to the theory that "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" and not give third chances.

#40 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:29 AM

I'd tell myself to dump Alex because he was just a waste of my time.

#41 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:32 AM

#42 Jonsnow

Jonsnow
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:01 AM

As much as I can write about past exam papers :)

#43 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

I also thought about sending myself a text with my man's full name in it and telling myself to go find him and change my life and his... that way I didn't have to wait to find him! It would only be one year sooner than we met, but that's a whole extra awesome year! But I don't think I would've been ready to meet him a year earlier, I wasn't mature enough yet!

#44 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

Visit your mom more often, it may be hard since she doesn't talk but you will always feel guilty that you didn't spend more time with her while you had the chance.

Trying bouldering, you'll love it.

#45 Bendyounet

Bendyounet
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

"Tell your father you love him. And do lot of things with him before it's too late." 

#46 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

"Don't try to make yourself that tuna pasta because you will get sick and throw up on everything you love"

I don't have anything profound to tell myself but it sure would be nice to be able to eat tuna again.

#47 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

Use a microwave to build a time machine. It's the only way to repair the world lines.

#48 outgaze

outgaze
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

Which school you go to doesn't matter, you should find some good trustworthy friends who care about you. Stop wasting time and procrastinating. Your life will get better eventually. Also, work on your skill and find the balance to life and education.

#49 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

"don't go to that haunted house with the badly lit stairs...you'll be messed up the rest of your life"

#50 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

I'd tell myself to not let "her" ruin me, and turn me into a recluse who is too scared to be himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users