food haterade foodies totm blue

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

Veggies that realy taste too "leafy". I can stomach those that are like, just light and crunchy. But when they taste too "green" I find it very unpleasant. It's like eating grass to me.

Oh didn't you notice that cow tail growing on your behind

#52 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

I hate seafood (other than fish). I really dislike mushrooms, onions, walnuts and olives. I wouldn't actively choose to eat any salad vegetables really because I'm not a rabbit and I don't think they taste particularly good but they're a necessary evil so I can put up with them when I have to.

^ This guy seems to know what he's talking about.

#53 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

@Waser Lave hi5 for hating seafood and liking fish

everything else you don't like is so yummy though :(

I pretend I'm a zombie when i eat walnuts

Edited by Daria, 08 June 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#54 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

I think this is probably about half of why my kids aren't picky... I have an eat or starve rule.

That sounds like a lot of asian households which is why we eat such "bizarre" things. Why let this part of the animal go to waste?

Edited by DonJonathan, 08 June 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#55 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

That sounds like a lot of asian households which is why we eat such "bizarre" things. Why let this part of the animal go to waste?

My last asian room mate would suck the juices out of a birds skull...no joke. I can't eat things like brains, hearts, testicles, intestines, etc...weird shit yo.

#56 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

I love sucking the marrow out of chicken bones :3

#57 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:18 PM

I love sucking the marrow out of chicken bones :3

You'd probably like it out of veal bone too a la ossobuco

#58 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:22 PM

You'd probably like it out of veal bone too a la ossobuco

cow isn't the same as chicken :( its too fatty

#59 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

Completely true. Now that I'm older I can get away with eating just one piece but there was no such thing as picky eating when I was younger. I'm pretty picky now but my parents are all into eating intestines, tongues, fish eyes, I don't even know. Also snails, which is the one thing I've NEVER tried.

#60 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

Completely true. Now that I'm older I can get away with eating just one piece but there was no such thing as picky eating when I was younger. I'm pretty picky now but my parents are all into eating intestines, tongues, fish eyes, I don't even know. Also snails, which is the one thing I've NEVER tried.

Tried intestine, lung and snail, all are pretty decent. Although of course it depends on how you cook it and whether you're aware of what you're eating before hand. I was pretty fortunate though growing up since my family is pretty westernized - I tried durian for the first time 3 years ago.

This video comes to mind https://m.youtube.co...h?v=wFGCr9KsqUA

Probably only ate half of the foods in the video

#61 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

Tried intestine, lung and snail, all are pretty decent. Although of course it depends on how you cook it and whether you're aware of what you're eating before hand. I was pretty fortunate though growing up since my family is pretty westernized - I tried durian for the first time 3 years ago.

Probably thought I was from Asia because I'm Asian LOL. And I've seen my friends have HK offal like intestines, lung, heart...etc. I couldn't bring myself to try it, it smelt too strange to me. Snail is delicious though, it's like a skinny oyster to me. Durian, like, it's not stinky to me, but I'm still a little ehh to try it.

#62 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Only animal organ thing I've had is Tripe, tastes great in stews. But, the texture is kinda sickening when you know what it's made from (farm animal, usually cow, stomach lining).

#63 Temporis

Temporis
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:58 PM

• Lemon. Like, lemon in tea/iced tea is cool. And that's it. No lemon cakes, no lemon tarts, no lemon in water, no lemon in diet coke. No. Lemon.
  • Coconut anything (except on Samoa Girl Scout cookies).

Not even lemon poppy seed muffins, lemon meringue pie, or lemonade?? I agree with you on coconuts though.

I also don't like fruit roll ups, gummy bears, or pretty much any candy similar to that. The smell is too much for me.

This next one always causes controversy when I mention it: Coffee. I love the smell but I've tried it a couple of times and I just don't like it.

#64 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:09 PM

Not even lemon poppy seed muffins, lemon meringue pie, or lemonade?? I agree with you on coconuts though.

I also don't like fruit roll ups, gummy bears, or pretty much any candy similar to that. The smell is too much for me.
This next one always causes controversy when I mention it: Coffee. I love the smell but I've tried it a couple of times and I just don't like it.

Yep, can't drink coffee or enjoy coffee products like tiramisu, smells great though, I'm more into tea.

#65 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:40 AM

I HATE coffee. I don't like the smell, either.

I worked at Starbucks for my first job. They had a large cup and put less than half a shot of espresso, a shit ton of vanilla syrup and whole milk in it. I nearly puked because I could still taste the coffee xP

#66 itsnotwhoyouthink

itsnotwhoyouthink
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

celery. cucumber. zucchini. 

#67 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

Beans. I just can't eat beans.They are disgusting shit paste.

#68 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

Only animal organ thing I've had is Tripe, tastes great in stews. But, the texture is kinda sickening when you know what it's made from (farm animal, usually cow, stomach lining).

I highly recommend heart if organ textures bother you. It's more of a steak type texture.

#69 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

I highly recommend heart if organ textures bother you. It's more of a steak type texture.

Heart is much better than kidney (to me)

#70 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

Heart is much better than kidney (to me)

Heart and liver are my favorites. Kidneys aren't horrible, i guess, but only if they're cooked just right. 

#71 Kwi

Kwi
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

Olives, celery, parsley, capsicum....absolutely hate these things. They have such a strong flavour that it pretty much covers the taste of everything else in that dish, remove them and you can actually experience the different flavours :p

#72 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

lol, that video is great. I actually used to love durian as a kid, I still do but I just can't eat it anymore because the smell it leaves in your mouth is horrific. Even after brushing 3 times it won't go away. 

#73 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

@Jess posted the other day a concoction of cheese and kimchi. Ewwww

#74 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

I like most foods mentioned here as well. But I can't stand fucking green olives man. It is people like me that make some peruvians call them matagringos. 

#75 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

I have selective eating disorder so it'd probably be easier just to tell you what I would eat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, haterade, foodies, totm, blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users