• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#26 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

Avocado. Chickpea. Tofu. Zucchini. Brussels sprouts. Pumpkin. Ketchup. Nutella. Goat's meat. Cow's meat. Lamb's meat. Lentils. Spinach. Broccoli. Cucumber. Eggplant. Persimmon. Anchovies. Blood chouriço (morcela, don't know the name in English) and all other blood dishes. Mussels (I like one type though, those white with a black stripe - sorry, can't name them in English). Crabs. Those fucking giant shrimps (prawns? English, man). Blood orange. Dark chocolate. Liver (any type of offal, really, but cooked liver's smell makes me gag). Fresh tuna (only the canned one is actually good). Cashews. Brasil nuts. Sardines. Oysters. 

There are so many more, I can't even remember them. :lol2:

#27 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

• Lemon. Like, lemon in tea/iced tea is cool. And that's it. No lemon cakes, no lemon tarts, no lemon in water, no lemon in diet coke. No. Lemon.
  • Coconut anything (except on Samoa Girl Scout cookies).
  • Green peppers.
  • Cantaloupe.
  • Fresh tomatoes. 
  • Jello.

Edited by Sirius, 07 June 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#28 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

Ugh, yeah fresh tomatoes aren't my friend either. Once you get to the seeds it's all downhill.

Haven't tried coffee ever, but I don't care for coffee flavored candy/spreads.

Hot damn @Katya that list is intense lol! Reminds me I don't like eggplants, zucchini, or squash.

#29 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

I feel like for many of these listed foods its probably more about the way they're prepared, like I know for a fact that western methods of preparing some of these foods are nasty or bland, especially most of the vegetables @Katya listed

Try to find some asian preparations for the same foods and see if you like them better

Edited by Nonexistent, 07 June 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#30 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

I'm too picky with my food. :p

@Nonexistent nop. Most of the things I hate (99%) it's due to their smell when raw/uncooked. Even when things are cooked I can still smell what makes me hate them and that is reflected on their taste too.

#31 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

There is very little I will not eat, or at least try. But I cannot stand green beans, I think it's the texture.

#32 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

I'm too picky with my food. :p

@Nonexistent nop. Most of the things I hate (99%) it's due to their smell when raw/uncooked. Even when things are cooked I can still smell what makes me hate them and that is reflected on their taste too.

I'm looking at your list and wondering: do you eat chicken? It seems like you don't like all the other common meats. 

#33 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

I'm looking at your list and wondering: do you eat chicken? It seems like you don't like all the other common meats. 

<insert inappropriate joke here>

#34 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

I love chicken, turkey (and pretty much all birdies' meat) and pork!

#35 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

omg @Katya you're such a picky eater xD

I love all foods and I'm open to try anything with the exception of pork (smells like pee to me) and seafood (I love fish just not anything else)

I'm a sucker for all types of fruits and vegetables mmmmm<3333

#36 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

@Daria lmao I am. I blame my olfact though :/
I was a nightmare as a kid to eat. My mum always tried to "disguise" things that I didn't like in other foods but I would always find them. Even if mashed/pureed. I drove her mad :')

#37 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

@Daria lmao I am. I blame my olfact though  :/
I was a nightmare as a kid to eat. My mum always tried to "disguise" things that I didn't like in other foods but I would always find them. Even if mashed/pureed. I drove her mad :')

oh wow 

olfact is sensitivity to smells right? wouldnt yummy fresh food smell good though :(

#38 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

They have poutine where you are?

I live in the land of poutine, Canada.

cilantro and scallions are disgusting.
dried coconut is also pretty bad.

a dish, as a whole, that i hate is mei fun (chinese noodle dish). just ugh.

Rice noodles? Like varmicelli? The texture is too rough for me but I'll eat it if they mess up my noodle choice at the cha chan tang.

#39 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:30 AM

@Daria lmao I am. I blame my olfact though :/

@Jess tells me that if you eat a variety of foods while being pregnant with the child in theory they could be less picky and eater and less likely to develop food allergies.

I live in the land of poutine, Canada.

Wait, you do?! And here I always thought you lived in Asia...

#40 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:41 AM

Anything that involves lactose or fructose. It seems food hates me and I hate it. Whenever I eat foods containing those sugars, my digestive system stages a rebellion against me.

Edited by firedrops, 08 June 2016 - 02:46 AM.

#41 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:44 AM

Anything that involves lactose or fructose. It seems food hates me and I hate it. When ever I eat foods containing those sugars, my digestive system stages a rebellion against me.

you should eat more nourishing soups and take probiotics to restore your gut health :)

#42 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:18 AM

@Jess tells me that if you eat a variety of foods while being pregnant with the child in theory they could be less picky and eater and less likely to develop food allergies

Failed me massively, my mum never had any fussy eating habits but I was absolutely awful, well into my teens. To the extent I was taken to the Dr as a child because my parents were so concerned about how little I would eat.

I basically gave up being fussy at all when I met the Boy, because he absolutely refuses to pander to me. Still tries to sneak mushrooms into my dinner sometimes, doesn't get away with that one.

#43 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:52 AM

Failed me massively, my mum never had any fussy eating habits but I was absolutely awful, well into my teens. To the extent I was taken to the Dr as a child because my parents were so concerned about how little I would eat.

I basically gave up being fussy at all when I met the Boy, because he absolutely refuses to pander to me. Still tries to sneak mushrooms into my dinner sometimes, doesn't get away with that one.

I think this is probably about half of why my kids aren't picky... I have an eat or starve rule.

#44 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:36 AM

oh wow 

olfact is sensitivity to smells right? wouldnt yummy fresh food smell good though :(

My olfact is very sensitive to everything really.

But what is yummy for you, may not be yummy for others, that's why some people hate one thing that others love. The things I hate to eat smell horribly to me. To the point I refuse to enter my mum's house when she's preparing/cooking some of those things. I get, literally, nauseated by their smell.

@Jess tells me that if you eat a variety of foods while being pregnant with the child in theory they could be less picky and eater and less likely to develop food allergies.

The only food "allergy" I have is to the coriander smell, which IRONICALLY, it's something that I love to eat. I love it's taste when both raw and cooked, and I happily eat it. But I have to prepare it in seconds, because its smell clogs my airways and I can't breathe at all. 

My mum eats anything and everything, and was the same when pregnant with me. I do believe that though, but maybe it's not the problem with my case, since it all related to smell? It's weird. :/

Fun boring fact: during her pregnancy my mum craved a certain type of peach (that one that's all yellow but has a bit of orange/red) but when she was pregnant with me she couldn't get any because it was not the right season, so after I was born (April) and a couple of months later when she could buy the damn peaches she gave them to me and she always says it was like I haven't eat anything since the day I was born. I loved that shit. Still do. It's my favourite fruit of all :p

#45 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:40 AM

Peanut butter/peanuts in general. So vile. It's such a great form of protein and healthy fats, though...makes me wish I could stomach it.

Bacon.

Vegan yogurt. I have yet to find a dairy-free yogurt that doesn't taste like anus. I recently bought some coconut yogurt in a strawberry flavour (because I seriously love strawberry EVERYTHING) and sure enough it was terrible. Tasted like how perfume smells.

Vegan cheese (namely that Daiya stuff). It's plastic. Gross gross gross.

Pork. Especially pork chops. Any meat with fatty bits and gristle make me hurl. Also ham is gross but I'll eat it if forced to.

Honest-to-god mayonnaise. I was raised on Miracle Whip and I love it (as ghetto as that sounds) but when I had to face trying real mayonnaise holy shit was that nasty. It's literally just fat. There's barely any taste. Why do people eat this?

Avocados. I can only eat it in sushi, and even then I can sometimes taste the slightest hint of it and be revolted.

Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke/any cola drink. Tastes gross, and why drink something that tastes gross when Diet Dr Pepper exists?

Cilantro. So soapy.

It's hard for me to distinguish between what I truly dislike and what I just fear eating. This list would be a hell of a lot longer if I included fear foods too, but I don't really "hate" them.

#46 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

Veggies that realy taste too "leafy". I can stomach those that are like, just light and crunchy. But when they taste too "green" I find it very unpleasant. It's like eating grass to me.

#47 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

zucchini can fuck right off.

#48 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:05 AM

Coconut, chicory, sauerkraut, coffee, tea, milk, all cheese except Gouda, most fish, brussel sprouts, lychee, kiwi. 

There are probably more...

#49 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

Anything that comes from the sea.

I'm also super tired of meat, with the exception of chicken meat.

Also sauces, and I'm talking about these tomato sauces made in the moment with no care whatsoever. UGH

#50 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

I hate almost all veggies, except for corn, celery, and salads. My mother says I'm picky. (She's a vegetarian. :p)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, haterade, foodies, totm, blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users