Spoiler

spoiler due to heavy images - Source: http://www.serebii.n...June-2016.shtml

thoughts on the new pokes? 

#2 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

They're pretty cute, but they're really nothing groundbreaking. Basically a not-dark-type Poochyena and well, a koala pokemon. Let's hope this is just the tip of the iceberg for new pokes!

#3 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

The gear thing just reminds me of Diancie except metal form meh.

Rotom Pokedex... hope this thing doesn't count as a pokemon in battle...

The koala is alright I guess; ability is interesting. I'm guessing it's a pancham kinda thing.

The dog that's a rock type I could do without. :unsure:

#4 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

The Koala's ability is badass. It can't have a status ailment other than sleep. (Normal type)

The dog is the cutest thing ever, and it's going to be a rock type. 

Nekkoala - Name of the Koala

Iwanko - Name of the dog

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

Given the fact the koala is named Nekkoala, is it a cross between a cat and a koala? I want!

I'd love to see their evolutions if they have any. :D

EDIT: It's probably not a hybrid. Still cute though. :p

#6 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

Given the fact the koala is named Nekkoala, is it a cross between a cat and a koala? I want!

I'd love to see their evolutions if they have any. :D

EDIT: It's probably not a hybrid. Still cute though. :p

The evolution might be! But I had the same first thought, it doesn't seem to be cat related sadly :/ 

#7 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:52 PM

I LOVE NEKKOALA AND IWANKO!!!! I hope Nekkoala gets the move switcheroo so he can throw toxic and flame orbs around like Lopunny :3c

I'm in love with all of the designs we've seen for gen 7 so far. Gamefreak is churning out cute new human characters like there's no tomorrow (like hello, have you seen Lillie??? She's so cute what the fuck) and their Pokemon designs are adorable!! I can't wait to see what everyone looks like when they're fully evolved~

#8 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

The Koala's ability is badass. It can't have a status ailment other than sleep. (Normal type)

The dog is the cutest thing ever, and it's going to be a rock type. 

Nekkoala - Name of the Koala

Iwanko - Name of the dog

Wait, the dog's name is... Iwanko? That's the english name? i-wank-o? ...that's gonna be the subject of some inappropriate jokes.

#9 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

I've been feeling that pokemon designs after Gen3/4 became really dumb.

And I'm feeling so glad with this new one so far because there isn't a design yet that i could hate. THE DOG IS SUPER CUTE I WANT IT.

But seriously, what's with this improvement in the designs? How come this time around even the players are cute af?

#10 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

Wait, the dog's name is... Iwanko? That's the english name? i-wank-o? ...that's gonna be the subject of some inappropriate jokes.

No, the english name isn't released yet.

#11 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

Don't forget that Japanese and English have different pronunciation rules! It wouldn't be "I-wank-o", it would be "ee-wah-n-koh." "Wanwan" is the Japanese equivalent of "woof woof", ko (子) means child, and I'm pretty sure the word "wan-ko" can used to mean dog/puppy. Ii (いい, pronounced "ee") means good, so the phrase いい子 means "good child". So basically, the dog's name could be "good puppy".

Japanese Pokemon names are incredibly boring.

#12 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

No, the english name isn't released yet.

Don't forget that Japanese and English have different pronunciation rules! It wouldn't be "I-wank-o", it would be "ee-wah-n-koh." "Wanwan" is the Japanese equivalent of "woof woof", ko (子) means child, and I'm pretty sure the word "wan-ko" can used to mean dog/puppy. Ii (いい, pronounced "ee") means good, so the phrase いい子 means "good child". So basically, the dog's name could be "good puppy".

Ah, that's totally fair then. If it were the english name it'd be a bit more trouble :p

#13 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

My Japanese is very very poor. You explained that way better than I would have lmao

#14 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

So excited! I can't wait for everything to come out in November. Is anyone else disappointed by the Legendaries types though? They could've done something cooler and more themed, I think.

#15 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

Seeing this makes me wonder how much of this game I've really missed haha. The last version of Pokémon I played was ruby and emerald...I'd probably be so lost right off trying to get into it.

#16 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

Seeing this makes me wonder how much of this game I've really missed haha. The last version of Pokémon I played was ruby and emerald...I'd probably be so lost right off trying to get into it.

To be honest you've missed NOTHING and EVERYTHING.. xD

#17 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:45 AM

Idk, I've seen the commercials and stuff and game play has changed so much it looks like, it'd be like have to relearn it all over again.

#18 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:48 AM

Idk, I've seen the commercials and stuff and game play has changed so much it looks like, it'd be like have to relearn it all over again.

One the big things that happened according to my friend is you cant sit on benches now :X

#19 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:51 AM

Blasphemy! What is the point of benches if I'm not allowed to sit on them? But on a serious note...it does kinda make me want to get an emulator and play a newer version for nostalgia sake.

#20 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

Blasphemy! What is the point of benches if I'm not allowed to sit on them? But on a serious note...it does kinda make me want to get an emulator and play a newer version for nostalgia sake.

I would tbh, ORAS was AMAZING I can't wait to see what we get now.

It feels like pokemon is getting better with age, rather than degrading into something awful. 

#21 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

I would tbh, ORAS was AMAZING I can't wait to see what we get now.

It feels like pokemon is getting better with age, rather than degrading into something awful.

I've got to admit, Pokémon is definitely getting better with each passing generation - I'm pretty sure objectively so. But the only problem for me is that it's kinda too repetitive.

By that I mean if, say, X and Y was released as the first game instead of 1st gen, it'd be objectively better, but you can still argue Pokémon is getting a little old at this point.

#22 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:12 PM

pokemon_sun_and_moon_scan.jpg

More new ones as of 3 days ago because I'm slow.

Left is Kiteruguma (Normal/Fighting) with the ability fluffy and klutz .

Right is Mimikkyu (Ghost/Fairy) with the ability disguise, it is said that anyone who removes it's cloth will 'become afflicted with an illness.'

Mimikkyu is my favorite so far, it just wants to be loved like Pikachu.  :crybaby:

#23 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

Mimikkyu is FANTASTIC

I don't even care that it's pikachu based (I know I complained about the other pokemon for looking too pikachu-like but this is different, it's clearly intentional of course :p).

It looks awesome, it's a Ghost type (my favorite type) and Ghost/Fairy sounds like a dope combination.

Super hyped for more info on it honestly.

Edited by Generic, 14 July 2016 - 09:45 PM.

#24 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

More new Pokemon were announced today, along with a new training mode!!

Spoiler

I LOVE them oh my god!!!!! I seriously can't wait until these games come out!! Only about 4 more months to go!!

#25 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:14 PM

More new Pokemon were announced today, along with a new training mode!!

Spoiler

I LOVE them oh my god!!!!! I seriously can't wait until these games come out!! Only about 4 more months to go!!

Thanks for the update! I'm seriously loving how Mimikyu looks in game, so so awesome. I hope it's viable in competitive/showdown at all since I probably won't be buying the actual game :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users