• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#76 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

Every time I seem to read a report, it seems to have contradictory information. I don't know if people are confused, there isn't much evidence, or the media is just trying to make an easy buck. I really hope it isn't the latter.

Probably easy buck. :(

#77 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

True, but regardless of religion or anything else. It's still an act of terrorism. Not on the behalf of a god maybe. But still terrorism. 

Yeah but the US has a very specific definition of what they refer to as terrorism. The Planned Parenthood shooter wasn't called a terrorist even though he technically committed and act of terrorism. Dylan Roof wasn't called a terrorist or even charged with terrorism even though shooting up a Black church is an act of terrorism. The media and politicians only refer to anything as terrorism when it involves a Muslim.

Every time I seem to read a report, it seems to have contradictory information. I don't know if people are confused, there isn't much evidence, or the media is just trying to make an easy buck. I really hope it isn't the latter.

The news gets their info from Twitter because they want the story first even though Twitter is notoriously unreliable. Like earlier there was a story circulating that a guy had guns and bombs and had plans to attack LA Pride. Turns out the woman who tweeted that he said that misquoted him and that wasn't even what he said. Apparently he's a bisexual dude who was on his way to Pride and just carries weapons for funsies because he's a weirdo.

#78 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Yeah but the US has a very specific definition of what they refer to as terrorism. The Planned Parenthood shooter wasn't called a terrorist even though he technically committed and act of terrorism. Dylan Roof wasn't called a terrorist or even charged with terrorism even though shooting up a Black church is an act of terrorism. The media and politicians only refer to anything as terrorism when it involves a Muslim.

The news gets their info from Twitter because they want the story first even though Twitter is notoriously unreliable. Like earlier there was a story circulating that a guy had guns and bombs and had plans to attack LA Pride. Turns out the woman who tweeted that he said that misquoted him and that wasn't even what he said. Apparently he's a bisexual dude who was on his way to Pride and just carries weapons for funsies because he's a weirdo.

That is pretty shitty when you think about it. Your fucking religion doesn't dictate if you're a terrorist or not. Like what the fuck? At least call it what it is. 

But you know, fear mongering is something the media likes to do.

#79 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

Yeah. And I heard he was also considering going to Disneyland or something like that iirc. But, who knows.

Also, chick fil a being delicious ballers: http://www.fox5atlan...158700906-story

#80 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

Yeah. And I heard he was also considering going to Disneyland or something like that iirc. But, who knows.

Also, chick fil a being delicious ballers: http://www.fox5atlan...158700906-story

That's really odd seeing as that franchise is EXTREMELY anti LGBT

#81 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

I think the corporate level is anti LGBT but if the owners of franchises feel differently and can do whatever they want.

#82 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:27 AM

I think the corporate level is anti LGBT but if the owners of franchises feel differently and can do whatever they want.

That makes sense. I have no concept of how businesses work so I can't really argue that :p

#83 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:35 AM

Donald Trump's campaign just got a little bit scarier. 

#84 Codeine

Codeine
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:42 AM

It's terrifying that things like this are still happening and that instead of addressing the issue it's become a big political fiasco. 

I know a lot of people call for more gun control or less gun control. I'm not exactly certain where I fall on this but I cannot get behind people being able to buy assault rifles. I don't understand the point. 

I feel for all of the victims and their families. Such a tragedy. Trump using it as backing for his campaign is disgusting. 

#85 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:14 AM

Donald Trump's campaign just got a little bit scarier. 

I'm trying to stay out of all that stuff because I don't want the negativity to affect me, wtf did he do this time?

#86 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

https://twitter.com/...079996784291841 lol no doubt

#87 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

I'm trying to stay out of all that stuff because I don't want the negativity to affect me, wtf did he do this time?

Just using it for his anti-Muslim campaign. 

#88 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

True

#89 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

https://twitter.com/...079996784291841 lol no doubt

#EvenDetroitThinksClevelandSucks I laughed

#90 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=39841580

His wife was with him when he bought the handgun. She knew what he planned on doing and claimed she tried to talk him out of it, but never thought to call the damn cops. I know it's your husband but damn, would you rather have an institutionalized husband or a dead one? Now she's facing charges as well.

#91 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:38 AM

You should be careful with your logic here. It isn't odd at all. Most people I know who are against gay marriage are not pro-murder of LGBT people. They are a Christian organization (I know not all Christians follow the belief of loving your neighbor, but lots do). A good person (no matter their beliefs) should be able to say, "50 republicans were murdered. Even though I am a democrat, I will stand and support these people" You can switch out political ideologies for anything else. Like, did you see the group of muslims that went to donate blood on Sunday, even though they can't eat during the day since it is currently Ramadan? That was really cool I thought.

#92 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

You should be careful with your logic here. It isn't odd at all. Most people I know who are against gay marriage are not pro-murder of LGBT people. They are a Christian organization (I know not all Christians follow the belief of loving your neighbor, but lots do). A good person (no matter their beliefs) should be able to say, "50 republicans were murdered. Even though I am a democrat, I will stand and support these people" You can switch out political ideologies for anything else. Like, did you see the group of muslims that went to donate blood on Sunday, even though they can't eat during the day since it is currently Ramadan? That was really cool I thought.

I'm a very "Avoid everyone they have evil intentions" type of person. So it usually shocks me to see groups who usually speak out against people actually helping them in times of need.  My heart is warmed however by all these groups of people coming together to show their humanity. It puts things in perspective, that people are people. Not heartless monsters that seek to hurt everyone they can, you know?

I'm just really really surprised. I didn't expect that kind of love and humanity from those who claim to hate LGBT people. 

#93 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

giphy.gif

<3

#94 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

I was under the impression this was an LGBT club, not an exclusive gay bar. But nearly all the victims from the image @Emily just posted look male. Can someone please clear up my ignorance on the issue? Are LGBT clubs mostly just frequented by males? Or was this an exclusively gay club?

#95 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

I was under the impression this was an LGBT club, not an exclusive gay bar. But nearly all the victims from the image @Emily just posted look male. Can someone please clear up my ignorance on the issue? Are LGBT clubs mostly just frequented by males? Or was this an exclusively gay club?

There were women too.

#96 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

The Chick-Fil-A  CEO isn't just against gay marriage. He's actively funded anti-gay organizations that offer "pray the gay away" camps that have been proven to lead LGBT kids to suicide. So the blood is just as much on his hands. Homophobia is violence because if you keep perpetuating the notion that LGBT aren't equal to straight people or that they shouldn't have the same rights to straight people you're actively perpetuating the type of homophobia that leads to physical violence against them. No homophobe gets out of this clean.

It's a bar that caters to gay men but sometimes women show up too. Like they're not gonna kick you out for being straight or female. They just predominantly cater to gay men.

Edited by Mishelle, 14 June 2016 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users