• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:53 AM

Happy Fathers day to all fathers. : )

Mine passed away a long time ago, so I always tell people to cherish any and all opportunities you can get with your father. People can get taken away without any warning at all, and it can really happen to anyone.

Very true, mine passed on my 11th birthday so birthdays are bittersweet for me and my first father's day I didn't feel right celebrating since I hadn't in over a decade because school was always trying to make me make things for my deceased father. You should certainly cherish every moment you get with your family, as long as the relationship allows that, because life is so easily taken away. I now dedicate my birthdays to my father and spend them doing things we loved doing together.

#27 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:56 AM

Very true, mine passed on my 11th birthday so birthdays are bittersweet for me and my first father's day I didn't feel right celebrating since I hadn't in over a decade because school was always trying to make me make things for my deceased father. You should certainly cherish every moment you get with your family, as long as the relationship allows that, because life is so easily taken away. I now dedicate my birthdays to my father and spend them doing things we loved doing together.

Right there with ya mate. Mine passed when I was 11 too, though not on my birthday.

I tend to just crack a beer on Father's Day these days in his honor. Sort of reminisce over the talks that we could have had, all the things I want to say to him, but never got the chance to. I like to think he'd be proud of me tho.

#28 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:10 AM

Same here, I know if he was here now he'd be proud for sure. And I know he's always looking down on me and will always be with me. Just wish my girls got to know their grandfather really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users