Photo

Are you competitive?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:07 AM

Yeah.

To the point where I have ruined friendships. 

And relationships. 

#27 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

Previous response edited out; misread a post.

As for me, I used to be really pettily competitive and an incredibly stubbornly sore loser. Which was, looking back, a huge problem, because I pretty much sucked at anything and everything unless I had already done it a lot and gathered up a bunch of knowledge and experience for it.

Nowadays I just really don't care. I just do my thing and let things be, instead. Well, mostly. And with regards to competition, I definitely just let others compete instead.

#28 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

I'm not competitive. I'm just a bad egg. I feel superior when I'm better than people when we're not even competing.

Me: "Haha I'm way better than you!"

Some dude: "But this is my first time playing!"

Me: "Waaaay better!"

Dude: "This isn't even a multiplayer game!"

#29 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

I'm a sore loser because I can't accept that I'm bad at something :( Most of the time I try not to be part of the competition at all or I will go great lengths to do something I might not even care about. I don't play if there isn't a chance to win (e.g. sports).

Also life so far has taught me I'm always second and never first place.

#30 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:18 AM

Also life so far has taught me I'm always second and never first place.

Growing up it was more last place for me.

Hahaha

Haha

*cries*

#31 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:26 AM

I'm selectively competitive. If I don't think I can win or achieve something, I usually won't even try.

When I was growing up, I didn't have to try very hard to perform well. Eventually that caught up with me, and because I never really learned the value of hard work, I stopped putting forth any effort when I realized I couldn't be the best at everything. It's honestly had a pretty negative impact on my self-esteem.

#32 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Please, I've been winning at marriage since 2009.

Haha. But it is much to easy for you to be winning at marriage @Ali... Honey badgers just don't give a shit.

#33 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

You would not believe how competitive I can get. When I played soccer as a child, when we lost the semifinal, and we started losing the third place game against 4th graders (we were in 6th grade), I started screaming and crying very hard. I absolutely hate to lose because it means there's someone better than me. 

#34 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

I subscribe to that philosophy very much. But sometimes competitiveness sneaks up on you. So thanks, It's great to read that perspective and remember.

You're totally right, it does sneak up on you. But I'm glad that to remind us both to never feel shitty over comparing ourselves to those around us.  ^_^

#35 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:52 AM

I am extremely competitive! If there isn't a competition involved, I tend to not care about it. That's why I like entering all the contests on here and when I see that I am losing, I get heated. I hate losing but I can lose with dignity! I am a good loser. But I am also a good winner. when there is a game, like soccer, I am extremely more competitive than I usually am. I get real fierce!

#36 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:31 AM

Haha. But it is much to easy for you to be winning at marriage @Ali... Honey badgers just don't give a shit.

Heh. No need for competition with the badger, he mostly accepts my wisdom. My actual husband is rather more competitive but it's equally futile. :p

I'm not especially competitive although I do tend to reject things that I'm not automatically great at. Quite competitive with myself but I don't really think of it as such, I just don't see the point of continuing with things if you're not constantly trying to improve, and I work at hard enough with those things that it tends to happen...

#37 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

Heh. No need for competition with the badger, he mostly accepts my wisdom. My actual husband is rather more competitive but it's equally futile. :p

Only after a prolonged period of denial, anger, bargaining and depression. :p Though I certainly couldn't have allowed a 7 year winning streak to build up if it was me you married. :rolleyes: I still don't let the kid win at anything...

#38 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:54 PM

I am very competitive at things I think I'm good at, and I am especially competitive at school. I can get kind of salty when I don't get top marks but in an understated way, like 'haha well done but I'mma crush you next time joking but not really'.

When I'm not good at something, I don't even bother.

#39 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

I am fairly competitive, but my greatest struggle is that i hate to lose lol. It drives me crazy and is quite limiting. I am learning, slowly, to overcome it and see the learning opportunities that come from losing/ not winning. :)

#40 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

I am fairly competitive, but my greatest struggle is that i hate to lose lol. It drives me crazy and is quite limiting. I am learning, slowly, to overcome it and see the learning opportunities that come from losing/ not winning. :)

I hate to lose as well... very much so, ever since I was a kid. When I was younger, playing on the Nintendo or SNES, I would pull the controller out or the game, or reset the game! I would pout and throw tantrems when I was losing jump rope contest! I entered summer reading club contest because I loved to read a knew I could win that contest!

#41 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

I am extremely competitive and I don't know why because I'm not even good at most things. I used to go to trivia at a local brewery all the time, but there's no policing of cell phone usage so a bunch of groups just look up answers, and that drives me insane. I had a lot of fun when we would go and I liked slapping around the competition, but when we started losing to cheaters, I quit going altogether. My fiance is all like "well it's just for fun and you can still drink a few beers and eat dinner" and I'm like no it's not for fun, it's a competition, and if the playing field is uneven, I'd rather just stay at home.

/endrant

#42 lcjzlcjz

lcjzlcjz
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

Kind of. I feel competitive in the things that I feel I got a chance of being good at. For example, I'm very competitive in my studies. I don't like it when my friends do better than me, as selfish as it may be. Other than studies, there is pretty much nothing I'm too competitive about, as there isn't much that I'm good at  :unsure:

#43 Bendyounet

Bendyounet
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:44 AM

I am competitive about video games, otherwise i'm definitely not  :lol2:

#44 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:49 AM

Yeah, probably. I'm more competitive with some things than others. Yesterday me and today me are always in competition.

#45 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, probably. I'm more competitive with some things than others. Yesterday me and today me are always in competition.

Which one's winning?

I'm not competitive at all, I'm always tryina help others out instead so they can do good, idk I get my kicks outta making others happy rather than focusing on myself. I don't care much for the shine, I'm like a fucking support role at life :p

Unless it's at button mashing like that slime game thing in mario party. My fingers are too quick, ain't no one beating me at button mashing.

#46 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

I'm competitive in a way-ish.. I'm bossy and I'm a leader so I always feel like I need to be on top. I don't feel that I think I am better than others but I do have a dominant nature :D 

#47 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

Which one's winning?

The best part about that philosophy is that I'm always the winner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users