What's Your Biggest Regret?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

If you could go back in time and change something what would you do?

Was there something you did/didn't do that changed the way you live life today?

Did you learn anything from this experience?

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

There was a time when I had to choose between dressing up as a giant blue bird or ending the career of a judge by helping old people stretch. Of course, the silly me chose the blue bird and the one of the worst parts of that decision is that the built-in fan was broken.

This is a serious regret and not some metaphor. There's just details missing that would have made anyone accept this as my greatest regret.

tl;dr I learned nothing.

#3 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

I wish I had never taken up the viola...

#4 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:40 AM

how dare you

-- viola player

biggest regret: not getting rid of unhealthy relationships faster.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:43 AM

Not fall into a huge crush on someone in my middle school, who I obsessed over for 3+ years, into the middle of my freshman year of high school. Ironically, turns out, he was gay (which came out after high school)

Should have taken up the violin instead. Then you don't deal with all those viola jokes.

Why do violists stand for long periods outside people's houses?

Spoiler

Did you hear about the violist who played in tune?

Spoiler

I came from a musical family, so I've grown up hearing viola jokes. 

#6 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:13 AM

I didn't buy bitcoin when it was $1 because it will never take off.

#7 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Je ne regrette rien. I have a lifetime of sterling choices behind me.

#8 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:24 AM

I regret not buying the Mad Love harley quinn action figure when it was at Toys R Us

#9 UnicornOfLuv

UnicornOfLuv
  • 15 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

I regret to have put time in s few friendship when the effort come only from 1 way..

so it end i have stop putting effort on this and never see them again

#10 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:02 AM

My life is a series of poor choices. But I wouldn't change any of them because I am who I am because of them.  ^_^

Edit: Jk I wouldn't have messed with that one fuckboy. I would go back to change that. MAJOR REGRET. Dammit, I really liked my profound first answer .............

#11 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

I didn't buy bitcoin when it was $1 because it will never take off.

yeah im with you on this one. i remember hearing about it but thought it was a stupid idea.

#12 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

Maybe eventually I'll be glad I made this decision, but the last while I've really been regretting majoring in Computer Science instead of something like Psychology. I originally went into Comp Sci partially just because I spent so much time on computers, and because I had a bit of an interest in programming as a kid. But that interest has steadily declined in the last few years, and now that I'm in 4th year and about to graduate... I'm entirely burnt out on comp sci stuff. I mean yeah, sure, I'm almost done my degree, but now I need to find a job and do this crap for a job... Great.

The main reason I didn't go into Psychology is because an undergrad degree wouldn't get me anywhere (I hear) and I didn't wanna spend 6 years for a master's, but I think it would have been worth it now. I think I would have made a good therapist or something.

Sigh. I feel burnt out.

tl;dr: Maybe this'll change if I don't hate the job I get but lately been regretting majoring in Comp Sci.

#13 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

I regret not getting to know some Codexians sooner, but I am thankful I got the chance to meet some genuinely awesome folks here, so it works out.

#14 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

I regret didn't started to play League of Legends in S3 when my Sister-In-Law called me for. I could be a pro-player today.

#15 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

I regret getting married six years ago...
Kinda. I'm happy where I am now though, and I don't think I would have gotten to this point or met these people without that six years of hell so...

I guess ultimately it was worth it, and I'd probably do it all again for that very reason.  :unsure:

#16 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

NO RAGRETS.

Seriously. Everything I've done has led me to this point, and while times have been pretty shitty, I am all the stronger. 

#17 Pink_Bubble

Pink_Bubble
  • 340 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

I only regret not coming forward earlier to my friends about being molested as a child.

For the majority of my life, I'd watched my friends as they were able to be fraternal and carefree about their touchiness and it makes me yearn for the ability to do the same.

To this day if somebody touches me, especially unexpectedly, I deflate and feel it down to the bone. Many times I've asked people not to, but especially when they're trying to show affection, love or admiration, my response can be seen as hostile even when asked nicely.

It wasn't until a friend and (former) roommate constantly did so over a period of months, despite my repeated insinuations ("you don't know what people have been through") and requests not to, that I told an entire room of us why I can't stand to be touched, unless I initiate it first.

A weight has been lifted off my shoulders by not having to stress about it as much. But at the same time I want intimacy and validation, and I feel like a hypocrite if I initiate touching with the hopes of reciprocation given my own circumstance.

#18 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

I regret not coming out sooner. 

#19 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

I regret not regretting my regret, if that makes any sense. Like, I don't really feel I regret what would be my regret, and I regret that because it makes me feel like I'm not human, but a machine, I guess?

#20 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

I regret not regretting my regret, if that makes any sense. Like, I don't really feel I regret what would be my regret, and I regret that because it makes me feel like I'm not human, but a machine, I guess?

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.j

#21 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.j

That actually almost resume how I am feeling when thinking about it.

The spot on picture would be this one

8069e54e55e145e864be71aa5eca9374.png

#22 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

Ah I regret ending things with someone a year ago

It's really biting me in the back lately

#23 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

I regret moving schools after middle school.

I know why it had to happen--I used to attend a private school and the fees were just getting too much--but I had so many friends there and established a place there. When I moved to a public school it was terrible for me. I had bad social skills and ended up getting bullied often by others and it took me a really, really long time to reach out to people and actually start finding my place in school again. Because I moved to a school so far away, I fell out of contact with my old private school friends too.

I just think I would've been much happier continuing my private school education, and it would've helped me be more successful in my studies.

#24 gyro

gyro
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

breaking up with my ex gf ;x i was dealing with lots of bad shit but she rly didn't deserve how i treated her.

other than that.. i wish i had been more studious in school, and taken my instrument lessons more seriously >:v

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:14 AM

I make really bad decisions often; I don't have the time or energy to regret them all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users