Music Subforum!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:59 PM

I'd personally love to see a music subforum and I think it would be a great little addition to the site. The "Post what song you're listening to" thread could go in there which could help draw people in, and it would be a nice little space for people to post about specific bands/generes/subcultures and get recommendations. The thread I mentioned is great to peruse for fun, but it's really not viable at all to get any information or recommends since it's just a complete mess of every genre and type of music. I realise technically people could post about music in the entertainment subforum, but I really think it warrants a separate subforum (inside "Entertainment").

In fact, I feel like entertainment in general could use some more direction - I feel like splitting adding both Music and Movie subforums would help boost a bit of activity in there. At the moment "Entertainment" is just a mess of everything, and it's all dead threads because no one knows what to talk about in there. In my opinion.

But personally I don't care much about movies and I'm just here to advocate for the Music subforum :)

Thoughts?

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

I don't find the Entertainment subforum very active in general and personally I think adding additional subforums in that section is redundant. 
If it was more active it would make sense but in the current state I don't think it would improve anything. These are just my views from experience adding sub-forums to relatively slow sections of the forum in the past though.

#3 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

I'd participate in a music themed sub forum tbh

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

I don't find the Entertainment subforum very active in general and personally I think adding additional subforums in that section is redundant. 
If it was more active it would make sense but in the current state I don't think it would improve anything. These are just my views from experience adding sub-forums to relatively slow sections of the forum in the past though.

Remember the life-hacks subform? 

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

Remember the life-hacks subform? 

And the Writing subforum? lol

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

And the Writing subforum? lol

We had a writing subform?  :o

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:34 AM

We had a writing subform?  :o

I think we still do unless it was removed recently

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

I think we still do unless it was removed recently

I just checked, and we still do. It's really not active though. 

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, it was a flop. :p 

#10 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

I didn't even notice we did.

Maybe it's time to change the inactivity. 

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

Maybe it's time to change the inactivity. 

I think once the activity around here picks up, we can start looking at upgrading forums. Right now it seems pointless.

#12 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, it was a flop. :p

You're a flop!

#13 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

I'm a flop.

#14 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

I like to flop

#15 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

I feel like a big reason the entertainment subforum is so dead is because it's so unfocused though. I personally have never posted about music there since most people going to an entertainment forum would probably be looking for discussions on movies/tv shows and personally I don't care much about movies.

I feel like adding some focus may pick up activity in it a bit. After all, the "post what you're listening to" thread is way more active than the entertainment forum in general because it's focused.

I understand why people are against the idea though. Shrug.

#16 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

I feel like a big reason the entertainment subforum is so dead is because it's so unfocused though. I personally have never posted about music there since most people going to an entertainment forum would probably be looking for discussions on movies/tv shows and personally I don't care much about movies.

I feel like adding some focus may pick up activity in it a bit. After all, the "post what you're listening to" thread is way more active than the entertainment forum in general because it's focused.

I understand why people are against the idea though. Shrug.

Same tbh. 

Other than star wars and LOTR/Hobbit I don't watch movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users